Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

Catching up with the thread, we've went from not being 'bullied into silence' & 'not being found wanting' to sit back Peter, Neil & Murdoch, just you say & write what you want in the press & then tell us what you want done & we will do it for you

To quote Craig Mulholland after the Colts lost to Stenhousemuir in the Challenge Cup - "Boys will have learned more in that 90 minutes than they will in an entire season of Development League games."
They'll be playing on the same pitches they do in reserve games and challenge cup fixtures so not sure I see anything in that argument at all.
Fans are happy to subsidise out youths through Rangers Lotto etc, why would this be any different?

Thats fine in a one-off game. They will be kicked from pillar to post for a season, that will teach them to bulk up physically to men 10 years older and start playing like them. Not what would be Rangers' standard, you will agree.

I don’t know if I’m reading this fight.

Are we asking to have a B team in Lowe leagues, that in all likelihood won’t start until Aug 2021, to give aHearts a get out of jail card?

If so, that is about as díckish as witnessing what match officials did to Rangers in December and reacting by asking for VAR and refusing to criticise shíte like CoIIum and CIancy.

All well said but your last paragraph is paramount.

We would be introducing a colt team to work under the SPFL and SFA in a league setup that is corrupt. Does anyone actually want to debate this?

Does anyone think it is not corrupt? I would love to hear from you. Am I being over reactive, too sensitive here?

And if I am not. Why are we ignoring this principle? Surely the most important aspect in football is integrity? Then we look at the 2nd team etc Or do we take advantage and accept the crumbs of Lawwels table. Seem some think thats better than nothing.
I personally don't think you are mate.

Under normal circumstances (if such a thing exists in Scottish football) I would certainly be open to our proposal.

But for the life of me I cannot understand the complete u turn by the board after every thing that has taken place over the last 3 months in regards the fight against the corruption for the good of sporting integrity and the calls for the 3 stooges to be removed from office.

As I said a few weeks we are like a pit bull terrier with no teeth, all bark and no bite.

I personally don't think you are mate.

Under normal circumstances (if such a thing exists in Scottish football) I would certainly be open to our proposal.

But for the life of me I cannot understand the complete u turn by the board after every thing that has taken place over the last 3 months in regards the fight against the corruption for the good of sporting integrity and the calls for the 3 stooges to be removed from office.

As I said a few weeks we are like a pit bull terrier with no teeth, all bark and no bite.

I just used that analogy on another post - bark no bite.

Next season something sinister will happen and we will release another statement about a threat. And all others will just roll about laughing. No one will ever take us seriously when we bark bark bark but run away with our tail between our legs as soon as lawwel speaks or should I say laughs

I just used that analogy on another post - bark no bite.

Next season something sinister will happen and we will release another statement about a threat. And all others will just roll about laughing. No one will ever take us seriously when we bark bark bark but run away with our tail between our legs as soon as lawwel speaks or should I say laughs
I agree mate.

We will have another Grand old Duke of York moment and March up to the top of hill and then back down.

How hard is it for them to understand that when they come out with fighting talk that we actually expect them to follow through and take these shysters on.

It's becoming embarrassing now ffs.

All well said but your last paragraph is paramount.

We would be introducing a colt team to work under the SPFL and SFA in a league setup that is corrupt. Does anyone actually want to debate this?

Does anyone think it is not corrupt? I would love to hear from you. Am I being over reactive, too sensitive here?

And if I am not. Why are we ignoring this principle? Surely the most important aspect in football is integrity? Then we look at the 2nd team etc Or do we take advantage and accept the crumbs of Lawwels table. Seem some think thats better than nothing.
No your not being over sensitive but I’ve tried difficult as it is to separate a proposal that I think benefits our club from my contempt of Doncaster etc!
Have our board bent over and accepted the status quo? I would hope not but the next month or so will tell us the answer and if it’s yes they will lose all credibility with us!
We tried to force change and other clubs wouldn’t back us but in my opinion which is no more valid or qualified than anyone else's if there is a chance to change the league set up for the better I would rather we were front and centre with an innovative proposal!
None of us know what the board are up to behind closed doors but for all we know we could be looking at a dual strategy of increasing our influence whilst looking to bring the cabal down at the first opportunity!
Whatever way this pans out the next few months will have huge implications going forward in the relationship between not only our club and others but our board and us as a support!

I agree mate.

We will have another Grand old Duke of York moment and March up to the top of hill and then back down.

How hard is it for them to understand that when they come out with fighting talk that we actually expect them to follow through and take these shysters on.

It's becoming embarrassing now ffs.

The thing I am trying to fathom is if we are half way up or down.

No your not being over sensitive but I’ve tried difficult as it is to separate a proposal that I think benefits our club from my contempt of Doncaster etc!
Have our board bent over and accepted the status quo? I would hope not but the next month or so will tell us the answer and if it’s yes they will lose all credibility with us!
We tried to force change and other clubs wouldn’t back us but in my opinion which is no more valid or qualified than anyone else's if there is a chance to change the league set up for the better I would rather we were front and centre with an innovative proposal!
None of us know what the board are up to behind closed doors but for all we know we could be looking at a dual strategy of increasing our influence whilst looking to bring the cabal down at the first opportunity!
Whatever way this pans out the next few months will have huge implications going forward in the relationship between not only our club and others but our board and us as a support!

here here, well said.

Given Rangers current league form over the past two seasons this set up gives us more smaller teams to drop points to, albeit we don't play them as often.

Joking aside, can you imagine being in charge of a club in the bottom eight and reaching the latter stages of the Scottish Cup?

You end up playing more games than those in the top six due to the stupid split and , arguably, at a disadvantage. How is that sporting?

The thing I am trying to fathom is if we are half way up or down.
:)) Likewise mate.
We seem to be in perpetual state of uncertainty or confusion with the actions of the board.

Is there a plan,our we keeping our powder dry?

Who the %^*& knows?
But it sure as hell has me baffled.

:)) Likewise mate.
We seem to be in perpetual state of uncertainty or confusion with the actions of the board.

Is there a plan,our we keeping our powder dry?

Who the %^*& knows?
But it sure as hell has me baffled.

Its not just our board its scottish football m8.

There was a 5pm deadline yesterday on Hearts proposal to air your views on what would make you vote for a 14 team set up. Before deadline it seemed it was not even up for discussion as would fail ultimately with public views counted deeming a vote in the future useless.

Now the SPFL deadline has been moved to Tuesday LMAO. Can people not see the delay tactic here?

Thats fine in a one-off game. They will be kicked from pillar to post for a season, that will teach them to bulk up physically to men 10 years older and start playing like them. Not what would be Rangers' standard, you will agree.
Anyone who thinks playing against fellow boys all under 18 is the same as playing men doesn’t realise the jump involved. The experience of the game men have over boys is a reason in itself but added to that you’ve got the preparation involved, the crowds and points to play for and the pressure those aspects bring, newspaper articles and reports to aspire being in, the physical aspect too is massive.

They won’t become hammer throwers specifically because we’ll be training them 5 days a week not to be. That doesn’t mean the physicality doesn’t exist. Messi played with people who kick him since he was 13. He can deal with it, he didn’t become it. This is the aspect you can’t control if the boy is at Ayr or Partick

How many “amazing prospects” have we had who are playing 2nd division football if they are lucky by 25? Far more than have made to SPFL level and apart from John Fleck I cant think of any “prospects” who have exceeded expectations in the last decade.

I honestly believe boys need 50-100 games against men before they will be ready to play in our first team.

For the life of me, I just can't work out why, we look to be helping out the spfl with league reconstruction. I want those spfl, sfa wa*kers chased out of Scottish football.

Interesting to hear on Sportsound that the section of our proposal relating to Colts/B Teams was first submitted by Craig Mulholland and Chris McCart (Dhims) 2 years ago. They've simply tagged on more detail to the reconstruction bit in what appears to be a very comprehensive and detailed document, that's receiving much praise and a big dose of scepticism as well. General view seems to be the proposal has a great deal of merit but probably more viable in a years time. As I said earlier in this thread, good idea - wrong time.

This is not something cobbled together to save Hearts, or get Doncaster off the hook, this is something that's been worked on for many months and, in some parts, for several years. Put more simply, the Club have seen an opportunity to promote a plan they've worked on at great length over a period of years.

Last edited:
Doncaster, Lawwell, McKenzie, McLelland et al will have been on a zoom conference last night pishing themselves with laughter.

Not just that, not a single one of the diddy clubs - from the premiership down - will even concede that what we are proposing is fairly benevolent towards any of them in any form or fashion.
They will STILL bitch and whine, still call us all sorts, and still rope us in as being as bad as the paedos despite all that has gone on right in front of them in the last few weeks and before, but they'll grab our money quicker than you can say "mugs".

We need out of this fucking league!

Anyone who thinks playing against fellow boys all under 18 is the same as playing men doesn’t realise the jump involved. The experience of the game men have over boys is a reason in itself but added to that you’ve got the preparation involved, the crowds and points to play for and the pressure those aspects bring, newspaper articles and reports to aspire being in, the physical aspect too is massive.

They won’t become hammer throwers specifically because we’ll be training them 5 days a week not to be. That doesn’t mean the physicality doesn’t exist. Messi played with people who kick him since he was 13. He can deal with it, he didn’t become it. This is the aspect you can’t control if the boy is at Ayr or Partick

How many “amazing prospects” have we had who are playing 2nd division football if they are lucky by 25? Far more than have made to SPFL level and apart from John Fleck I cant think of any “prospects” who have exceeded expectations in the last decade.

I honestly believe boys need 50-100 games against men before they will be ready to play in our first team.
Listening to radio Scotland and Neil McCann and Steven craigan are both for it.they both said young players will learn more playing seasoned professionals than playing players in reserve and youth football.you listen to Craig Mulholland and he says in many interviews they put young players in uncomfortable situations where they are under extreme pressure to see how they react.

See if we do everything right and it's all rejected, then they can have no complaints when we go legal and bring it all crashing down,
That's what I'm hoping for.

To get any changes we want to make at board level we must get allies first and us putting fwd proposals that could benefit all parts of Scottish football is a good way of winning over allies and also help us to produce players battle hardened and ready to step up to the first team
Too level-headed for on here mate, the “no one likes us we don’t care” brigade will be along shortly.

The jump in class from our youths/reserves to the first team is too big to see any internal progression. This proposal would give players an opportunity to showcase what they can do, with the added insensitive of winning a league or a cup (proper one) might see players up their game. I’m for it.

Why do the mentally challengeds need the season to start on 1st august mate?

They want a line drawn under season 19/20. Hence their demand for next season's fixtures to be released.

Its in their interest that the new season starts asap, probably to avert any possible court action or UEFA stepping in, possibly telling the SPFL that unless the season is completed, then co-effiecient points will be used to determine Euro Qualifiers.

The SPFL also have a few problems too, with further penalties from Sky if the new season doesn't start. Also the small matter of Aberdeen in Europe if the Scottish Cup is played to a conclusion.

Catching up with the thread, we've went from not being 'bullied into silence' & 'not being found wanting' to sit back Peter, Neil & Murdoch, just you say & write what you want in the press & then tell us what you want done & we will do it for you

Seriously although we’ve renewed our STs, if this carry’s on, after over sixty five years of supporting RFC, on protests with SOS, being called Blue Tim’s by our supposed support, if this continues next Season, they can stick the ST. We will not be part of That Showers Lap Dugs, that’s how bitter I feel about it.

Seriously although we’ve renewed our STs, if this carry’s on, after over sixty five years of supporting RFC, on protests with SOS, being called Blue Tim’s by our supposed support, if this continues next Season, they can stick the ST. We will not be part of That Showers Lap Dugs, that’s how bitter I feel about it.

Don’t be like that

So the SPFL lied when they said it was agreed unanimously to end the season?

No, they didn't lie. Once again, it has been very carefully and sneakily worded.

They didn't say that clubs 'voted' unanimously to end the season, they said that clubs 'agreed' unanimously to end the season. There is a huge difference.

In the event of 10 clubs voting to end the season and 2 clubs voting against ending the season. The result would be declared and clubs likely asked, "Do you agree that the motion has been passed and the season will end?" Clubs would then have no choice but to agree that the required 75% backing was reached and the motion to end the season early had been passed.

So, even although 2 clubs 'voted' against ending the season, they have no choice but to accept and 'agree' with the majority decision.

As such, it is technically correct to say that the clubs unanimously 'agreed' to end the season, as they have all agreed with the decision reached.

I've been saying for ages, you have to look very carefully at how Doncaster answers questions and issues statements. More often than not, they are sneakily designed to give a false impression, without actually lying. Something that solicitors and politicians are very good at.

Too level-headed for on here mate, the “no one likes us we don’t care” brigade will be along shortly.

The jump in class from our youths/reserves to the first team is too big to see any internal progression. This proposal would give players an opportunity to showcase what they can do, with the added insensitive of winning a league or a cup (proper one) might see players up their game. I’m for it.
Steven craigan said that as Motherwell u20 coach he saw the biggest improvement in young players was when they got to the quarter of the challenge cup.he reckons a few Motherwell players would have been in the first team quicker if they had the opportunity to play first team football when they were 16&17

There are a few other countries who would disagree.
In the document rangers have produced the have figures that show the top international teams in Europe most of the players in those teams played in colt teams playing in the lower leagues in there respective countries

In the document Rangers have produced the have figures that show the top international teams in Europe most of the players in those teams played in colt teams playing in the lower leagues in there respective countries
So doing the SFA’s job for them ... absolute chancers running our game !!!

Whilst I agree that the proposal would benefit our youth/reserve teams mate,it's also understandable that many bears have a fcuk everyone else attitude given that every club,bar a few where quite happy to put the boot into us.
Obviously what ever happens not everyone is going to be happy that's for sure and that's life in general,I guess but just by going by opinion on here,many bears are down right confused by the sudden u turn and the status quo being allowed to continue and large amount of sabre rattling with no follow up.
Just my opinion obviously.

Whilst I agree that the proposal would benefit our youth/reserve teams mate,it's also understandable that many bears have a fcuk everyone else attitude given that every club,bar a few where quite happy to put the boot into us.
Obviously what ever happens not everyone is going to be happy that's for sure and that's life in general,I guess but just by going by opinion on here,many bears are down right confused by the sudden u turn and the status quo being allowed to continue and large amount of sabre rattling with no follow up.
Just my opinion obviously.

But our proposal is to benefit us. And isn't that the most important thing?

The thread is noticeable for how quickly a few have turned on the Board. It might be worth waiting before the insults and accusations are made.

The jump in class from our youths/reserves to the first team is too big to see any internal progression. This proposal would give players an opportunity to showcase what they can do, with the added incentive of winning a league or a cup (proper one) might see players up their game. I’m for it.

fixed that for u mate ;)

Italy has just implemented it too with Juve under-23s

We've had it here in Norway for ages now. Gives the youngsters a chance to prove themselves amongst gown men. Martin Ødegaard played fifth tier football for Strømsgodset's reserves at 14 before being promoted to the first team squad. Håland played fourth tier football at the age of 15 for Bryne's reserves. Kris Ajer played fouth tier football for Lillestrøm reserves at the age of 15.

But our proposal is to benefit us. And isn't that the most important thing?

The thread is noticeable for how quickly a few have turned on the Board. It might be worth waiting before the insults and accusations are made.
Yes it is mate, i think I said that.

I'm just pointing out that a lot of bears are confused with the current silence on the matter of getting rid of the vermin placemen has mysteriously been put on the back burner.
What's happened to the status quo can't continue?

Back