Rangers pubs

Garvagh Rangers club in Co. Londonderry worth a shout.
Just had a full refurbishment and is looking the part, just awaiting the go ahead to get the punters back in

Some good Rangers bars in my local area, moat bar and railway tavern in ballymena both great wee Rangers bars and of course clough Rangers supporters club. A brilliant social club
We watched a Gers v St Johnstone match in the Railway a few years ago. Great Wee Gers Bar and a brilliant clientele.

Rangers 'Themed' Pubs in Glasgow
In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

All these pubs have Memorabilia on their walls and are proper Rangers Supporters Pubs IMO
Plenty of pubs have Rangers supporters in them but not strictly Rangers 'Theme ' pubs
Apologies if I have missed any out,
Please add any I have missed
Can't beleive I'm the first pedant to pull you up on the Louden alphabetical order Brand, Copland, Duke surely :))
I'll no moan to much seeing as you have the pick of the bunch.:p

Rangers 'Themed' Pubs in Glasgow
In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

All these pubs have Memorabilia on their walls and are proper Rangers Supporters Pubs IMO
Plenty of pubs have Rangers supporters in them but not strictly Rangers 'Theme ' pubs
Apologies if I have missed any out,
Please add any I have missed
The Union Bar PRW

Union Lodge No. 1. Admittedly not a bears pub but full marks for the name and any Denver, Colorado bears should really take residence there. I can attest to the quality of the drinks.

I liked sneaking in for a wee lunchtime cider in Oswald's, now I'm working from home I'll miss it when it reopens

It's the one not in the plaza that shows all Rangers games, about 2 mins away from plaza mate

WATP
Across the street form the plaza yes? Sure its two brothers who I've seen at a few away games that run it over there, the dad owner not a Hearts fan?

Don’t think the new one had a chance to pull a pint before lockdown. Quarry Bar Rutherglen is as staunch as they come and Black Bull Cambuslang.

Moved to Cambuslang 3 years ago now and popped into the Black Bull 1 Saturday afternoon by chance.

Felt at home straight away and was in off and on there after. Cracking boozer

Across the street form the plaza yes? Sure its two brothers who I've seen at a few away games that run it over there, the dad owner not a Hearts fan?

The guy that runs Chemies Lounge is defo a Rangers fan no sure if or how often he comes over to go to the games and yes the one in the plaza is also family member of his no sure if brother or father that one has all the scottish memorabilia on walls and shelves and password to wifi is something to do with hearts. Been in the lounge a good few times now watching us and you get scotch pie at HT lol great bar too watch us in

WATP

I remember the wee man well when he used to play for Largs Thistle. A true Aryshire legend is Bobby

Jeezo, that wouldn’t have been yesterday:)
You‘re right though, the wee man is an absolute legend.
He is into his 70’s now, I’ve been going on the bus for over 40 years now and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a disagreement or fallout with anyone.

Moving to Kings Park in Glasgow in the next few months. I see there are 2 pubs, The Montford and The Beechwood are in the area. How are they for the Rangers games and are there any other pubs with Rangers leanings in the area. Also are there any in Rutherglen?.

The Sandy Row Club in Belfast has already been mentioned but here's a wee shout out for the Carrickfergus RSC & the Larne RSC which are both well worth a visit. Great folk who will make all Bluenoses welcome.
Is the Whitehead Rangers Club still going? It had to be the only Rangers club practically to be in the sea. :))

So as to be nearer to Glasgow, I was once told.

EDIT: According to Google maps it's still there. Some lovely pics of it too. I was only there once years ago.

IMG-20210302-223149.png

Last edited:
Are there still Gers friendly bars in London?

Watched a game in one many years back - it may have been a basement bar, and may have been in a market. Or maybe neither of those things. I want to say it was called the White Horse - but that's probably wrong, too.

I know, I'm not helping here!

Are there still Gers friendly bars in London?

Watched a game in one many years back - it may have been a basement bar, and may have been in a market. Or maybe neither of those things. I want to say it was called the White Horse - but that's probably wrong, too.

I know, I'm not helping here!
The Cock Tavern was downstairs in a market, it's long gone...

Another shout for The Grapes.
Brilliant pub and their Rangets quiz nights are epic.

Some seriously knowledgeable Bears drink in there.

Missing the experience of the whole pub literally bouncing, after a mentally challenged victory, or another special European night.

How often was the quiz night? Wouldn’t mind a go

anytime I’ve went to go in for a beer I’ve been knocked back - Regulars only

How often was the quiz night? Wouldn’t mind a go

anytime I’ve went to go in for a beer I’ve been knocked back - Regulars only

It's only regulars only after old firm, or other big matches.
That's pretty much the same policy with The District, Viceroy and the Union as well.

I think that the pubs like to look after the punters that support them all season and make sure they all get in.

As for the quiz nights, they're usually held about 4 times a year.
I usually post on here when one is being held mate.

See a few mentions of the YCV/Calvey club, if anyone is thinking of visiting they must be signed in by a member but they do take bus bookings as well.

Lagan Village Rangers Supporters Club.
East Belfast.
Awesome
I was in the LVRSC in 1998 when I worked in H&Ws and it was indeed awesome and I also remember the Bomb Proof Security Doors and how close it was to Short Strand, which explained them LOL. I lived in Epworth Street and the Cock and Hen, The Welders and The Great Eastern were the hostelries I frequented. the most.

If there's a better place than Ulster, I've yet to visit, that place.

Last edited:
Back