Rangers related facts you didn’t know

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
or forgot but recently found out.

One of the interesting things I’ve noticed a bit recently is players who played in the same side. That, due to my memory, had no recollection of.

For instance davie Robertson playing in the same side as Albertz.

Also, totally can’t remember Albertz playing for Clyde

Any other interesting things that some folk may not know or have forgotten about?

or forgot.

One of the interesting things I’ve noticed a bit recently is players who played in the same side. That, due to my memory, had no recollection of.

For instance davie Robertson playing in the same side as Albertz.

Also, totally can’t remember Albertz playing for Clyde

Any other interesting things that some folk may not know or have forgotten about?

that one is bizarre to be honest . every time i watch THAT free kick against the soapdodgers Robertson is the one that sticks out the most .

Going through the H&H podcasts it blows my mind that Vidmar was signed by Walter. Always thought Advocaat signed him!

Also that Seb Rozenthal played games for us in the 2000s, including the Ayr Utd semi final where Kanchelskis stood on the ball

that one is bizarre to be honest . every time i watch THAT free kick against the soapdodgers Robertson is the one that sticks out the most .
That’s the one I just watched. Would have thought they were years apart

Going through the H&H podcasts it blows my mind that Vidmar was signed by Walter. Always thought Advocaat signed him!

Also that Seb Rozenthal played games for us in the 2000s, including the Ayr Utd semi final where Kanchelskis stood on the ball
Good point about seb. Memory gave him one game.

I have no recollection of Ray Wilkins playing for Hibs
I knew he did. But didn’t realise when.

Out of interest, what happened to his play? Clearly had a great career. Scored 30 in 180 for Chelsea then only 18 in the rest of his career

Watched some games on YouTube recently and had completely forgotten that Charlie Miller played a few games under Advocaat.

Also, Barry Ferguson and Derek Ferguson played against each other when Derek was at Dunfermline.

Alfie Conn one of our Heroes of Barcelona has 2 Scottish Cup winner medals. One playing for Rangers against celik, the other playing for them against us.

1988 FA Cup Final, Nigel Spackman was playing from the start for Liverpool. Not particularly interesting I only just seen it the other day.

Derek Johnstone and Peter McCloy were picked for the Rangers first team by Willie Waddell and by Walter Smith.
Waddell signed Peter McCloy from Motherwell and gave DJ his debut against Cowdenbeath.
Walter picked the two of them against Celtic in Glasgow Cup before Souness took official charge.
When Greame took over freed DJ and made Big Peter GK coach

Waddell signed Peter McCloy from Motherwell and gave DJ his debut against Cowdenbeath.
Walter picked the two of them against Celtic in Glasgow Cup before Souness took official charge.
When Greame took over freed DJ and made Big Peter GK coach
Actually just checked and Big Peter never played in that game

Back