Rangers respond to Club 1872 about Rugby Park shambles

So by your argument the filth never reported child abuse at their club, so we should take a similar stance if the same thing happened at Ibrox because they are morally bankrupt?

This is not about ANYONE else in Scottish football.
This is about Rangers, OUR values and how WE believe WE should conduct ourselves, on and off the pitch.
Mate you're way off here

Kilmarnock express 'disappointment' with Rangers after they issue statement before investigation is completed

The Rugby Park side say that it was agreed that no public statements were going to be issued from either club until an investigation into the incidents at Rugby Park last on August 4 had been completed.

0_19178097.jpg

A general view of Rugby Park, home of Kilmarnock FC (Image: SNS Group)
Get the biggest Rangers stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy notice
Kilmarnock have hit back at Rangers for their statement that was issued via Club 1872, expressing their "disappointment" with the Ibrox side.
The Rugby Park side say that it was agreed that no public statements were going to be issued from either club until an investigation into the incidents at Rugby Park last on August 4 had been completed.
Killie have also denied that there was a system-wide failure of their new ticketing system, claiming any suggestion to the contrary is "inaccurate".
A Kilmarnock statement to the media said: "Kilmarnock Football Club notes with disappointment that Rangers Football Club has issued a statement via Club 1872.
READ MORE

"It was agreed and understood by all those attending last Friday’s debrief to wait until the investigations had been completed and appropriate actions identified and agreed between both clubs, the ticketing company, Police Scotland and East Ayrshire Council before issuing any public statement. This process remains ongoing.
"A printing issue in relation to a number of tickets in the Chadwick Stand caused a delay in some supporters gaining entry to the stadium. This was not a systemwide failure with the ticketing system and any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate.
0_19179405.jpg

Rangers fans at Rugby Park (Image: SNS Group)

"Kilmarnock Football Club does not accept that this delay gave Rangers supporters good reason to break through a gate and enter the ground. We had hoped to continue with the constructive approach taken in the meeting last week and had offered to work with Rangers Football Club in advance of future fixtures.
"As Rangers have recognised, problems before the match had no bearing on the incident at the second goal when Rangers supporters entered the field of play and damaged the disabled roof covering to the point of collapse. It was extremely fortunate that no disabled supporters were seriously injured.
"We look forward to Rangers Football Club taking action to identify those responsible and dealing with those fans appropriately.
"As a club that cares about the safety of all supporters, we will continue to work with all parties to conclude our investigation and work to ensure we provide the safest, friendliest and most welcoming football experience we can."

Deflect and deny has started already,like I said earlier we won't be getting any apologies from anyone.

Kilmarnock express 'disappointment' with Rangers after they issue statement before investigation is completed

0_19178097.jpg

A general view of Rugby Park, home of Kilmarnock FC (Image: SNS Group)
Get the biggest Rangers stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeKilmarnock have hit back at Rangers for their statement that was issued via Club 1872, expressing their "disappointment" with the Ibrox side.
Killie have also denied that there was a system-wide failure of their new ticketing system, claiming any suggestion to the contrary is "inaccurate".
A Kilmarnock statement to the media said: "Kilmarnock Football Club notes with disappointment that Rangers Football Club has issued a statement via Club 1872.

READ MORE

"It was agreed and understood by all those attending last Friday’s debrief to wait until the investigations had been completed and appropriate actions identified and agreed between both clubs, the ticketing company, Police Scotland and East Ayrshire Council before issuing any public statement. This process remains ongoing.
"A printing issue in relation to a number of tickets in the Chadwick Stand caused a delay in some supporters gaining entry to the stadium. This was not a systemwide failure with the ticketing system and any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate.

0_19179405.jpg

Rangers fans at Rugby Park (Image: SNS Group)
"Kilmarnock Football Club does not accept that this delay gave Rangers supporters good reason to break through a gate and enter the ground. We had hoped to continue with the constructive approach taken in the meeting last week and had offered to work with Rangers Football Club in advance of future fixtures.
"As Rangers have recognised, problems before the match had no bearing on the incident at the second goal when Rangers supporters entered the field of play and damaged the disabled roof covering to the point of collapse. It was extremely fortunate that no disabled supporters were seriously injured.
"We look forward to Rangers Football Club taking action to identify those responsible and dealing with those fans appropriately.
"As a club that cares about the safety of all supporters, we will continue to work with all parties to conclude our investigation and work to ensure we provide the safest, friendliest and most welcoming football experience we can."

So they will take zero responsibility for there part in the ticketing failure, which they are unbelievabley still in denial about. The club should tell them we won't be taking any further allocation until they prove it is sorted. We should also be demanding the stand be closed until sorted to save endangering any other clubs fans.

The club actively helping Plod identify bears for exuberant celebrations doesn’t sit right with me

Plenty other clubs have fans on the park without their own club hunting them down.

Don’t like that part at all.

The rest of the response is pleasing though

They know the rules. We can't have this both ways.

We'd be slagging the manky mob for pitch invading and then we'd criticise them for not identifying and banning those responsible (see their own Rugby Park incident, the Ricksen lighter and the young bear who got bottled at Hampden).

Just because other clubs don't do it doesn't mean that it's right. We should lead by example.

No comment about the safety of the roofing on the disabled shelter? Whilst our fans caused the damage, I thought Killie had been warned about this shelter prior to our match?

Writing pretend statements on the internet is cringe. Pretending you can get points across to politicians and other executives better than people who have got to the position of running Rangers and probably Rangers lawyers is also cringe. Being angry at clubs for not clamping down on fan behaviour because they’re scum but expecting Rangers to wheel out excuses thinking we’re clever would be hypocritical and utterly cringy.

No comment about the safety of the roofing on the disabled shelter? Whilst our fans caused the damage, I thought Killie had been warned about this shelter prior to our match?

they had been and the health and safety had alerted them to the fact they had urgent health and safety issues in their stadium including the disabled section

Why would Rangers start banging on about the safety of their disabled shelter when it was our fans who jumped on it? Talk about making bullets and loading the gun for people ffs.

Simpering, sniggering, snide Stewart responded via social media yet?
Or are he & Tom English waiting to hide behind BBS Scotland's petticoats again.

How's Tom English taking being called out as a liar and agitator, not in those words but that's what the club ment.

Why would Rangers start banging on about the safety of their disabled shelter when it was our fans who jumped on it? Talk about making bullets and loading the gun for people ffs.

maybe because they had been warned before the match that it had urgent health and safety issues including the roof

maybe because they had been warned before the match that it had urgent health and safety issues including the roof
Why would Rangers comment on that here? So the media could splash it everywhere that Rangers fans collapsed an occupied disabled shelter and completely ignore every other point? As I’ve said above maybe people should leave Rangers “saying stuff” to people who have got to the positions to say stuff and see a slightly bigger picture.

Why would Rangers comment on that here? So the media could splash it everywhere that Rangers fans collapsed an occupied disabled shelter and completely ignore every other point? As I’ve said above maybe people should leave Rangers “saying stuff” to people who have got to the positions to say stuff and see a slightly bigger picture.

You keep telling people to stop saying stuff, maybe take that advice yourself! As paying customers, the fans can say as much "stuff "as they want!

You keep telling people to stop saying stuff, maybe take that advice yourself! As paying customers, the fans can say as much "stuff "as they want!
I never said people shouldn’t say stuff, I pointed out how flawed expecting Rangers to bring that up would be. You seem incapable of getting your head round a simple point.

Great statement from the club. not that I expect apologies from the anti-Rangers element named in the statement, but I'm delighted that the club named the rhats.

I never said people shouldn’t say stuff, I pointed out how flawed expecting Rangers to bring that up would be.

You seem incapable of getting your head round a simple point.

Less of the abusive responses !

I clearly understand the point! It's hardly "flawed" to expect Rangers to bring up the health and safety report stating the disabled section before our fans even sat in it had major health and safety flaws including the roof. The club has already stated fans shouldn't have been on it but, maybe if it was in a condition that wasn't akin to a shack that would blow over in a strong wind, it wouldn't have collapsed.

The club should keep reminding killie of the health ad safety report and the URGENT flaws they need to get fixed and should have had fixed before any fan entered their stadium.

Good statement from the club.

Its got to be said unfortunately. There was unacceptable behaviour what do you want them to say - we have details of who was given the seats but we are not releasing it to anyone as they did nothing wrong?

I just feel banning them would be harsh as did we chase down and work with police Scotland to identify the people who crossed the barriers at the last old firm game when Arfield scored? I can understand those that caused problems , ie The few on the roof

Why shouldn't we question the status of the disabled shelter safety wise?
Wouldn't you like to know if a safety certificate was valid?

Where has this come from? Where is the report, etc

suck posted it just after the game and i found this

Stuart McCall, a legal manager for the council, said: “Together with colleagues from our Building Standards and Planning Service, we visited Rugby Park first thing this morning and met with Kilmarnock Football Club Safety Officer Bob Pitt.

“During the course of the meeting we identified a number of issues which will need to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and we will work with the Club and all relevant partner agencies
in the coming days to ensure compliance with the specific terms of the Safety Certificate.

So they let our fans into a stadium that didn't comply with the safety certificate?

Last edited:

I'd like to know it, but under the circumstances it would be a frankly embarrassing attempt at deflection, rather than taking responsibility for our own actions - which is the very thing we spend our time moaning about other clubs doing.

Focus on the events of the day. Some of our fans were wrongly accused - the club has correctly called out those accusers and publicly said they should be apologising. Some of our fans decided to act like fckwits when we scored (this defence of over-celebrating due to excitement is bollocks and we all know it. It's an attention-seeking young team that have decided in the past few seasons to do this at every opportunity) - the club has correctly taken responsibility for that wrongdoing and promised to take appropriate action.

Anything else would look like a lazy excuse to avoid taking that responsibility in full and effectively back-handedly condone it - that would be an open goal for the media to spin.

suck posted it just after the game and i found this

Stuart McCall, a legal manager for the council, said: “Together with colleagues from our Building Standards and Planning Service, we visited Rugby Park first thing this morning and met with Kilmarnock Football Club Safety Officer Bob Pitt.

“During the course of the meeting we identified a number of issues which will need to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and we will work with the Club and all relevant partner agencies
in the coming days to ensure compliance with the specific terms of the Safety Certificate.

So they let our fans into a stadium that didn't comply with the safety certificate

On the match thread?

EDIT - Just seen your edit.

That's very vague, would like to see details before starting to take lines like the above.

I said why in the conversation. How do you see that playing out in the media? You think it would maybe be used to totally ignore every other point and turn our statement into front pages of negativity about our fans on the disabled shelter?
Then the same people could be angry with Rangers for saying something. Maybe the end justifies the means for some I suppose.

I'd like to know it, but under the circumstances it would be a frankly embarrassing attempt at deflection, rather than taking responsibility for our own actions - which is the very thing we spend our time moaning about other clubs doing.

Focus on the events of the day. Some of our fans were wrongly accused - the club has correctly called out those accusers and publicly said they should be apologising. Some of our fans decided to act like fckwits when we scored (this defence of over-celebrating due to excitement is bollocks and we all know it. It's an attention-seeking young team that have decided in the past few seasons to do this at every opportunity) - the club has correctly taken responsibility for that wrongdoing and promised to take appropriate action.

Anything else would look like a lazy excuse to avoid taking that responsibility in full and effectively back-handedly condone it - that would be an open goal for the media to spin.

I don't think its a "lazy excuse" to talk about the state of the stadium and health and safety issues with it that had been deemed by health and safety as urgent issues that needed to be fixed.

I don't think its a "lazy excuse" to talk about the state of the stadium and health and safety issues with it that had been deemed by health and safety as urgent issues that needed to be fixed.

Doesn't matter what a Rangers fan thinks. That's not the point. When the club is having to wage war in public against a tide of media spin, to hand them their headlines as open goals isn't very bright.

The statement nails the important points and without ignoring the responsibility our own have for protecting the image of the club.

Deflect and deny has started already,like I said earlier we won't be getting any apologies from anyone.
So they will take zero responsibility for there part in the ticketing failure, which they are unbelievabley still in denial about. The club should tell them we won't be taking any further allocation until they prove it is sorted. We should also be demanding the stand be closed until sorted to save endangering any other clubs fans.

One thing that has been annoying me in the aftermath of that game is the repeated claim that Rangers fans ‘forced their way through a gate’. At first, I thought it was a case of crossed wires, I naively thought that they would realise that the gate was opened from the inside and amend their comments accordingly. It turns out that they are just continuing with this out and out lie, christ, there’s even a video showing the gate being opened as fans voice their concerns about people being crushed.

Doesn't matter what a Rangers fan thinks. That's not the point. When the club is having to wage war in public against a tide of media spin, to hand them their headlines as open goals isn't very bright.

The statement nails the important points and without ignoring the responsibility our own have for protecting the image of the club.

its "not very bright" to point out that killie's stadium could have led to serious injuries to our support as health and safety had labeled it as one that needs urgent repairs to comply with the safety certificate. It also does matter what the fans say they are paying customers that could have been placed in a situation via entering a stadium that wasn't in compliance with the safety certificate..

Id want to know if I was entering a building that may not be safe and would expect to have the right to reply if I had been placed in a position where I was sold a ticket for something and said building had urgent health and safety problems!

if it needs to make urgent repairs to comply and hadn't already done so before our fans paid to sit in it then, our fans could have been sitting in an unsafe stadium?

that needs pointed out I'd say!

Last edited:
its "not very bright" to point out that killie's stadium could have led to serious injuries to our support as health and safety had labelled it as one that needs urgent repairs to comply with the safety certificate.

if it needs to make urgent repairs to comply and hadn't already done so before our fans paid to sit in then, our fans could have been sitting in an unsafe stadium?

that needs pointed out I'd say!

Again, I think it would be wise to know exact details of the issues before rolling out these kind of lines.

Point it out by all means - but do it at the right time, not as an "aye, but..." on a response to our supporters acting like dickheads and climbing onto and jumping up and down on the thing while it had disabled supporters in it.

Usual Beano-standard of journalism here.
Kilmarnock say "It was agreed and understood by all those attending last Friday’s debrief to wait until the investigations had been completed and appropriate actions identified and agreed between both clubs, the ticketing company, Police Scotland and East Ayrshire Council before issuing any public statement."
So, an investigation and agreement between umpteen stakeholders.
But the rhags are running with us acting 'before the investigation' completed. Judiciously omitting the agreement element. I wonder if the truth is we agreed to wait until the investigation was complete and the agreement with other parties was grafted on at a later date?

Also 'agreed and understood'?
Reads strange to me. Why separate the agreement and the understanding? Surely no one would agree to anything they couldn't understand?

Again, I think it would be wise to know exact details of the issues before rolling out these kind of lines.

Point it out by all means - but do it at the right time, not as an "aye, but..." on a response to our supporters acting like dickheads and climbing onto and jumping up and down on the thing while it had disabled supporters in it.

I posted above what health and safety said;

this gives the impression to me the stadium wasnt in compliance with the health and safety certificate when Rangers fans had been sold tickets for it and entered this stadium.

found this

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/kilmarnock-stadium-number-safety-issues-18832632

Documents obtained by the Record through a Freedom of Information (FOI) request show East Ayrshire Council officials raised concerns about the safety of the disabled shelter last year.
The FOI states the repair work was undertaken on August 10.

clearly, they didn't repair the shelter properly.

I posted above what health and safety said;

this gives the impression to me the stadium wasnt in compliance with the health and safety certificate when Rangers fans had been sold tickets for it and entered this stadium.

Yes, so what does that refer to? Is it relevant to the roof of the disabled section? Maybe it is. I'm just not seeing anything that says our supporters should've been able to jump up and down on a disabled section.

And you think that’s what would come out of it in the papers along with the important points Rangers raised?
Are you sure?

Is a compliance requirement for such a shelter that it has to be able to support the weight of people jumping up and down on it?

The thing is, if the shelter didn’t break nobody would be making reference to it. We’ve seen examples of supporters in Aberdeen and other instances of pitch invasions which haven’t had such scrutiny placed on it.

I don’t claim to know much about roof safety myself, but I wouldn’t expect it to collapse with 2 or 3 people on it.

I do understand where you’re both coming from, but I believe I am correct to say it had been highlighted to Kilmarnock previously that it wasn’t up to safety standards. I don’t think I’m making that up, I’m sure I heard Heart and Hand reference that.

It is important to highlight all aspects of the stadium/fan experience which is unsafe at Rugby Park to avoid supporters of ANY team being injured.

Yes, so what does that refer to? Is it relevant to the roof of the disabled section? Maybe it is. I'm just not seeing anything that says our supporters should've been able to jump up and down on a disabled section.
that refers to the stadium but, they had also been told to fully repair the disabled section as well. any repairs they previously made to it clearly hadn't been done properly or it was done on the cheap with shoddy materials.

The thing is, if the shelter didn’t break nobody would be making reference to it. We’ve seen examples of supporters in Aberdeen and other instances of pitch invasions which haven’t had such scrutiny placed on it.

I don’t claim to know much about roof safety myself, but I wouldn’t expect it to collapse with 2 or 3 people on it.

I do understand where you’re both coming from, but I believe I am correct to say it had been highlighted to Kilmarnock previously that it wasn’t up to safety standards. I don’t think I’m making that up, I’m sure I heard Heart and Hand reference that.

It is important to highlight all aspects of the stadium/fan experience which is unsafe at Rugby Park to avoid supporters of ANY team being injured.

they had been told to repair it properly

Back