Rangers respond to Club 1872 about Rugby Park shambles

Have we apologised privately ? A few days ago the usual Rangers haters on FF said we'd apologise to Killin. I offered one a wee Erskine bet that we wouldn't.

I said why in the conversation. How do you see that playing out in the media? You think it would maybe be used to totally ignore every other point and turn our statement into front pages of negativity about our fans on the disabled shelter?
Then the same people could be angry with Rangers for saying something. Maybe the end justifies the means for some I suppose.
Who cares how it looks in the media,they are not exactly fair with us as it is?
The only thing that would be on the front page,if the shelter doesn't hold a certificate,is that Kilmarnock are playing with fans life.
The question that should be asked is about the safety of our disabled support.

Who cares how it looks in the media,they are not exactly fair with us as it is?
The only thing that would be on the front page,if the shelter doesn't hold a certificate,is that Kilmarnock are playing with fans life.
The question that should be asked is about the safety of our disabled support.
Plenty of people care what’s reported. You only have to look at any thread on here about an article to see that. I’m sure you post plenty about it too. Why would they miss the opportunity to use our own statement to ignore the bulk of it and splash negative headlines in the papers? You’re obviously just arguing Black is white for the sake of it.

One thing that has been annoying me in the aftermath of that game is the repeated claim that Rangers fans ‘forced their way through a gate’. At first, I thought it was a case of crossed wires, I naively thought that they would realise that the gate was opened from the inside and amend their comments accordingly. It turns out that they are just continuing with this out and out lie, christ, there’s even a video showing the gate being opened as fans voice their concerns about people being crushed.

It truly is staggering that they continue to push this line in the face of concrete evidence which shows otherwise. Mind you, why not, when they know they will have the full backing of the national broadcaster and the media in general.

The people we are up against are fighting dirty. That allows them to set the narrative and when we do speak it is easily ignored. Playing by egalitarian rules, no matter how laudable, is getting us nowhere. Plus this not coming through the official website is piss poor. Like the empty statements after the cup final, this will get us nowhere. Too little too late.
Correct, the people running the club want to play Marquis of Queensbury rules with people who have lead shot in their gloves, as you say it’s always too little too late with them.
Yet another case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Plenty of people care what’s reported. You only have to look at any thread on here about an article to see that. I’m sure you post plenty about it too. Why would they miss the opportunity to use our own statement to ignore the bulk of it and splash negative headlines in the papers? You’re obviously just arguing Black is white for the sake of it.
I'll put it another way then.You would also find others who post about the lack of reaction from the club when we are pilloried in the media.
As for arguing Black is White.Pot and kettle would be my reply to you.

I'll put it another way then.You would also find others who post about the lack of reaction from the club when we are pilloried in the media.
As for arguing Black is White.Pot and kettle would be my reply to you.
You realise you’re posting on the thread with reaction from the club which rightly states they waited for the debrief and facts to be known?

Arguing black is white right enough.

Pushes all the correct buttons for me. Though I do hope that if any of our fans are identified for their behaviour after our dramatic winning goal, the club will focus on education and personal responsibility of the individuals, rather than the media satisfying route of retribution. An admonishment and contrition is entirely sufficient.

Hopefully whatever action is taken against any fans is proportionate. There seems a tendency to issue life bans for any transgression. Missing a few games should suffice as a warning.

Hopefully whatever action is taken against any fans is proportionate. There seems a tendency to issue life bans for any transgression. Missing a few games should suffice as a warning.
Yep, a rap on the knuckles and a heavy warning would be sufficient...it was hardly a pitch invasion ffs.
Hibs fans pouring onto the pitch at Hampden in their thousands and assaulting our players was "over exuberance" so a bit of perspective is required.
Getting back to the point, that was good work from Club1872.

The club should be slating Killie in a press release. %^*& agreeing not to make any public statements, they were on the offensive the day after helped by all the haters in the media. Why are we pussy footing about with folk who hate us. Bridges are well and truly burned.

According to STV News, Kilmarnock are insisting the Rangers version of events is untrue and there was no ticketing failure.

Someone is lying, surely Police Scotland should issue a statement summarising the findings of the post match investigation. Then the media can finally be forced to report fact and the impression of "it's just those evil Rangers fans" can be stopped.

that refers to the stadium but, they had also been told to fully repair the disabled section as well. any repairs they previously made to it clearly hadn't been done properly or it was done on the cheap with shoddy materials.
From my memory of the end of the match, the goal and lads on top of the Disabled section. It was covered in some plastic Tarpaulin, probably because it may have been leaking in the rain? That would corroborate the shoddy repairs theory.

There going to ban a 10 year old kid celebrating a last minute goal???

Would be disgusting if they did.

I don’t know, was a 10 year old on the park, can a 10 year old he held accountable for their actions? Probably not.
But an adult can and should be.

I would agree, but we lose out on controlling the narrative - Killie and their MSPs etc were quick to paint a picture that will remain in some people's minds regardless of the reality. We should have had someone at the time saying 'Rangers are concerned about these reports, but will await the full safety debriefing before commenting'.

Too late Im afraid. Its not headline news anymore and the damage to our reputation is fixed in the public's mind.

Still Im sure Mr Robertson is back from his holiday all nice and relaxed so no problems on that front.

We await a full apology from the BBC scumbags who mocked the fact that our fans were being crushed.

Patient+Bear_70d1de_3973404.jpg

Less of the abusive responses !

I clearly understand the point! It's hardly "flawed" to expect Rangers to bring up the health and safety report stating the disabled section before our fans even sat in it had major health and safety flaws including the roof. The club has already stated fans shouldn't have been on it but, maybe if it was in a condition that wasn't akin to a shack that would blow over in a strong wind, it wouldn't have collapsed.

The club should keep reminding killie of the health ad safety report and the URGENT flaws they need to get fixed and should have had fixed before any fan entered their stadium.
I know where you're coming from but Kilmarnock will always have leverage with this one as it will be seen as people were in an area they shouldn't have been. So I can see why they didn't go down this road.

It is worth mentioning that the STV News at 6:30 had a report on this. What they said was - "Kilmarnock football club have hit back at Rangers and deny that there was a system-wide failure of their new ticketing system, they claim any suggestion to the contrary is "inaccurate".

No mention of what Rangers said, just your usual mentally challenged infested media giving Kilmarnock 'the last word' so to speak.

STV used to be a fine station for giving out sensible responsible news stories without all the drama and pomp, unfortunately, just like that infested place over at Pacific Quay, it appears they've got a foothold in there too. Our country is becoming a proper shitehole because of this vermin.

Rangers have demanded an apology from Kilmarnock for “having pointed the finger of blame” at their fans after crowd trouble at a match.
Rangers fans were accused of breaking through a barrier to enter Kilmarnock’s stadium, Rugby Park, invading the pitch when their team scored the winning goal and damaging the roof of an enclosure for disabled spectators during a Scottish Premiership fixture on August 4.

Phyllis McLeish, the Kilmarnock director, said she was “horrified” by the behaviour and denied claims that a failure in the club’s ticketing system had caused a crush outside. Willie Coffey, the MSP for Kilmarnock & Irvine Valley, described the behaviour of Rangers’ supporters as “outrageous’ and suggested that they “grow up”.
A Rangers spokesman said the comments were “misinformed and misleading”, also criticising the BBC pundits Tom English and Michael Stewart for remarks made in the aftermath.
After taking part in a debrief at Rugby Park on Friday Rangers issued a statement through the fans’ group, Club 1872. It said: “Rangers felt it appropriate and sensible to wait until after the debriefing session before commenting despite many others, including a Kilmarnock director, Phyllis McLeish, pundits and a politician, William Coffey, making misinformed and misleading comments.
“Kilmarnock’s new ticketing system did indeed fail. It has been accepted there was also a failure to deal properly with the problems this caused.
“There was no plan of action to deal with such a situation and it was close to kick-off before someone thought [that] the problem, which had started to cause panic among those Rangers supporters who were being pushed and squeezed together toward the turnstiles, should be brought to the attention of the police. By that time some fans were being crushed and in a state of alarm.”
The statement said that Kilmarnock had admitted to a failure in their ticketing system and that it was “irresponsible” to suggest otherwise. “We would hope to receive a retraction and an apology from Kilmarnock for having pointed the finger of blame at Rangers fans.”
Rangers admitted that the crush beforehand had no bearing on the conduct of fans during the game and said they would work with Police Scotland to identify those who invaded the pitch and damaged the enclosure. “Rangers believes the safety of all fans to be paramount and will not tolerate this kind of behaviour,” the club said.
Kilmarnock said investigations were continuing and expressed disappointment that Rangers had chosen to comment before the process was complete.
They said that a “printing issue” delayed access to the stadium. “This was not a system-wide failure and any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate. Kilmarnock Football Club does not accept that this delay gave Rangers supporters good reason to break through a gate and enter the ground.
“As Rangers have recognised, problems before the match had no bearing on the incident at the second goal when Rangers supporters entered the field of play and damaged the disabled roof covering to the point of collapse.”
Four men were arrested for alleged breach of the peace offences but these were not related to the pitch invasion.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...an-apology-from-kilmarnock-for-fans-6nmdbrmjv

At least one SMSM has been bothered to write it up
Cannot imagine we will get anything from the daily retard, The Scum or definitely not the BBC

Phyllis Phuckin McLeish - a convicted drunk driver apparently with the voice of reason. Ha! If she hates the Rangers she's worth a listen, never mind the fact the idiot could have devastated a family with her irresponsible behaviour, cunts like her should be in jail.

Shame on the Scottish media for supporting the boot.

The statement isn’t strongly worded enough imo, that’s evidenced by Killie being happy enough to hit back straight away.

The club themselves should’ve come out at the time and gave Killie both barrels, and then some.

Now we are on the PR back foot, as always.

It is worth mentioning that the STV News at 6:30 had a report on this. What they said was - "Kilmarnock football club have hit back at Rangers and deny that there was a system-wide failure of their new ticketing system, they claim any suggestion to the contrary is "inaccurate".

No mention of what Rangers said, just your usual mentally challenged infested media giving Kilmarnock 'the last word' so to speak.

STV used to be a fine station for giving out sensible responsible news stories without all the drama and pomp, unfortunately, just like that infested place over at Pacific Quay, it appears they've got a foothold in there too. Our country is becoming a proper shitehole because of this vermin.
STV has always been riddled by vermin.From top to bottom.

The statement isn’t strongly worded enough imo, that’s evidenced by Killie being happy enough to hit back straight away.

The club themselves should’ve come out at the time and gave Killie both barrels, and then some.

Now we are on the PR back foot, as always.
I think it’s more likely we hit a nerve which is evidenced by killie hitting back. But it’s not about hitting out with sound bites to give people on the internet a giuy, it’s about getting to the facts and ensuring as much is done to prevent it happening again.

I don’t remember Willie Coffey,MSP condemning the Kilmarnock fans when they invaded the pitch at the end of their playoff game v Falkirk at Rugby Park in 2016.

Frankly, I think that the statement is just the latest in a long line of lengthy, statements that do nothing but make the person that wrote it feel good for a wee while.

It will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If we have something to say, put a name on it and get the person on the media. Even just the club media. And get people lined up to back you up when you do.

Its not rocket science

He said, she said a d we are made out to be liars.

The club can't let this drop and should be demanding accountability and a public apology from Kilmarnock. The narrative will be we were the bad guys and poor wee Killie.

I fucking hate them now and relegation would be too good for them.

Killie are being judicious with the truth here and playing with words. It’s almost in Charles Green territory. Rangers say there was ‘a failure of the Kilmarnock ticketing system’. Killie respond by saying there was ‘no system-wide failure’. Two different things. Rangers haven’t said there was a ‘system-wide failure’. A system-wide failure would have seen similar problems in all stands at Rugby Park and not just at the Rangers end.

Frankly, I think that the statement is just the latest in a long line of lengthy, statements that do nothing but make the person that wrote it feel good for a wee while.

It will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

If we have something to say, put a name on it and get the person on the media. Even just the club media. And get people lined up to back you up when you do.

Its not rocket science
The problem is there’s a lot of people who absolutely demand we say something or they’ll be demanding people lose their jobs.

Why aren’t Rangers releasing this though?

Very good statement but it shouldn’t be coming from an independent fans group.

Surely reasonable to assume that the fans group have been in correspondence with the Club, providing witness accounts etc, and the Club, accordingly, have responded to the fans group? Why wouldn’t they?

Doesn’t mean the Club cannot provide a further press release for wider dissemination - and they may yet do so once any investigation has finally concluded.

Back