Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

For any bears on you who haven’t complained about this article to the bbc already I urge you to take 5 minutes and fill in the form, mark Daly’s article is inflammatory, Ill informed and slanderous I’m the extreme.
Hopefully their inbox is crammed, I certainly made a complaint when this "article" was released.

Just a thought that I've asked Daly and McLaughlin this morning what they would have expected the Rangers News to say given that Neely at that point had never been found guilt in a court of law would they not be be opening themselves up to be sued if they called him out

Cheers Davie. I’m not on Twitter but you definitely seem to have his measure mate, and his gang too.

Repulsive group of people.
We all know that its propaganda bullshit. They have been trying desperately to equalise with this one since all of the mentally challenged crimes have come more into the publics attention. The problem is mud sticks. Like a few of the other posters on here have said the damage is done and daly and his BBC cronies have achieved what they set out to achieve.

could you post the relevant form to do this mate..cheers
I used this way on Friday. I've only received an email confirming they've received my complaint.

I used this way on Friday. I've only received an email confirming they've received my complaint.
Cheers m8.complaint sent

cheers, I shall fill that in and hope everyone else does

Could we go through a solicitor?
It is obvious that they are confident that they can say what they like about us even going as far as telling lies about us and there is little we can do about it.
That is not the way it should work, especially by a publicly funded organisation.
I would chip in.

If anyone is on Twitter, could they ask him the following questions:

1. Was it not the responsibility of the boy and his parents to make an allegation of criminal behaviour to the police?

2. According to your report they appear not to have done so. Why not?

3. Was the boy’s father a serving police officer?

4. Can you cite one example of a club newspaper - or any similar publication - accusing an individual of a serious offence while announcing his/her resignation in the absence of any criminal procedure?
Put those questions to him yesterday. No reply, obviously.

I got a reply this evening regarding the complaint I registered:

Thanks for contacting us regarding our reporting on the emergence of new evidence suggesting Rangers FC covered up the reasons why a former youth coach (Gordon Neely) accused of child sex offences left the club.

We’ve received a range of feedback about our coverage of this story across our news output. Keeping in mind pressures on licence fee resources, this response seeks to address the key points. We’re sorry we can’t reply individually but we hope this will address most of the points raised.

In choosing which stories to cover each day and where they appear in our output, our editors base their decisions on the editorial merits of all the stories at hand, looking at various factors including whether it’s breaking news, follows on from a recent event, changes our understanding of things, is unusual or attracting interest etc. We accept that not everyone will agree with each decision.

We’ve reported extensively on child abuse allegations in Scottish football. As with our other reporting, this story was reported accurately and with due sensitivity and we stand by our journalism.

We can also assure you that, contrary to what’s been suggested, the BBC is not biased for or against Rangers FC. Our reporting is undertaken fully in line with the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines and with the Broadcasting Code which is laid down by the independent industry regulator, Ofcom.

Thank you again for your comments which have been shared with news teams and senior management.

Kind regards

Thanks for contacting us regarding our reporting on the emergence of new evidence suggesting Rangers FC covered up the reasons why a former youth coach (Gordon Neely) accused of child sex offences left the club.

We’ve received a range of feedback about our coverage of this story across our news output. Keeping in mind pressures on licence fee resources, this response seeks to address the key points. We’re sorry we can’t reply individually but we hope this will address most of the points raised.

In choosing which stories to cover each day and where they appear in our output, our editors base their decisions on the editorial merits of all the stories at hand, looking at various factors including whether it’s breaking news, follows on from a recent event, changes our understanding of things, is unusual or attracting interest etc. We accept that not everyone will agree with each decision.

We’ve reported extensively on child abuse allegations in Scottish football. As with our other reporting, this story was reported accurately and with due sensitivity and we stand by our journalism.

We can also assure you that, contrary to what’s been suggested, the BBC is not biased for or against Rangers FC. Our reporting is undertaken fully in line with the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines and with the Broadcasting Code which is laid down by the independent industry regulator, Ofcom.

Thank you again for your comments which have been shared with news teams and senior management.

Kind regards
I'm still waiting for a reply.no doubt it'll be the same shite

Thanks Hazy. Your efforts are much appreciated.

They really don't give a shit. For them to say that the story was accurately reported is a blatant lie by them. Reason being that they wrote that Neely carried on abusing between 86 and 91 before the incident that is central to their story.

What evidence do they have to support this part of the story? Are there numerous other incidents that they know of?

No, of course there isn't.

And thats before we even get to the main aspect of the story itself.

BBC Scotland is not fit for purpose. A completely biased operation in reporting and employing.

If anyone who is employed there went into journalism hoping to make a difference and report on the truth and yet ended up covering up Celtics paedo past can look at themselves in the mirror You're in the wrong job.

Back