Rangers set to sign Sporting Lisbon kid Umaro Balde on two year deal

Going to go against the grain likely here but as much as I would love to stop 9 or 10 IAR or whatever, I'm far more concerned with us building for our future.

Those fucking Rats shouldn't enter our heads. We need to concentrate on building a successful team and not rushing out to buy players for millions that we aren't sure on.

Going to go against the grain likely here but as much as I would love to stop 9 or 10 IAR or whatever, I'm far more concerned with us building for our future.

Those fucking Rats shouldn't enter our heads. We need to concentrate on building a successful team and not rushing out to buy players for millions that we aren't sure on.
We need a sustainable business model. Otherwise the next decade won't be much easier than this one was.

Thats a Balde statement!
In a couple years I believe the squad will be similar to Ajax’s with lots of young talented players alongside experienced players. The amount of trophies the youth team has won this year has been phenomenal. I would like to see the likes of McPake and Mebude more next season. By buying young players and breaking them into the first team is the way forward and also allows the club to cash in greatly when these players move on.

So you are making these bold predictions based on watching a Youtube video? Cool.
Who's talking about not signing him?
No I’m mostly basing it off of Rangers signing him. I’ve obviously not seen him in person but from videos he looks like a good player. Why would we sign a player if we don’t believe he is good? He’s a future prospect.

This is the model we need to adopt in future. Bring in young, talented players from across the world and develop them - they won't all work out but those that do will hopefully bring us success for the first team before netting us healthy profits when they move on.

Great to see us finally start to look like we;'re adopting this

No I’m mostly basing it off of Rangers signing him. I’ve obviously not seen him in person but from videos he looks like a good player. Why would we sign a player if we don’t believe he is good? He’s a future prospect.
Where to begin with this lol, you are mostly basing it on Rangers signing him even after our recent signings being a bit of a lottery.
You have visions of being like Ajax (a team who narrowly missed out on the champions league final) based on absolute fantasy because you know and I know the Ibrox crowd will never have the patience for this to come to fruition.
I've been reading nonsense such as this since we were demoted and that how we were going to start with youth and have a slick young team complimented with some experience by the time we get back. Fair enough we have much better personnel running our football operations now and the advancements are there to see but it's still a fanciful idea at present until we see a steady progression of integration from the youth set up to first team regulars.
That's twice you have asked me why we shouldn't sign him, you'd do well to realise I never actually said we shouldn't sign him. All I asked was have you seen much of him seeing you have such bold predictions and already seem to have us selling him for good money later on, I'd have expected a better reply than having seen a Youtube video ffs.

This is the model we need to adopt in future. Bring in young, talented players from across the world and develop them - they won't all work out but those that do will hopefully bring us success for the first team before netting us healthy profits when they move on.

Great to see us finally start to look like we;'re adopting this

When will we see these players in first team?

Where to begin with this lol, you are mostly basing it on Rangers signing him even after our recent signings being a bit of a lottery.
You have visions of being like Ajax (a team who narrowly missed out on the champions league final) based on absolute fantasy because you know and I know the Ibrox crowd will never have the patience for this to come to fruition.
I've been reading nonsense such as this since we were demoted and that how we were going to start with youth and have a slick young team complimented with some experience by the time we get back. Fair enough we have much better personnel running our football operations now and the advancements are there to see but it's still a fanciful idea at present until we see a steady progression of integration from the youth set up to first team regulars.
That's twice you have asked me why we shouldn't sign him, you'd do well to realise I never actually said we shouldn't sign him. All I asked was have you seen much of him seeing you have such bold predictions and already seem to have us selling him for good money later on, I'd have expected a better reply than having seen a Youtube video ffs.
Maybe he’s shite who knows just wait and see that’s all we can do. Clearly, he’s impressed the coaching staff.

Maybe he’s shite who knows just wait and see that’s all we can do. Clearly, he’s impressed the coaching staff.
Hopefully he's not shite and hopefully he becomes all the things you said you think he will but only time will tell.
In this thread alone we have folk slagging the beggars for the press labelling their young signings wonderkids and those deluded b*stards lapping it up then we have some of our own making such bold predictions for our own young signings.
Let's just wait and see but i'd agree thjngs are definitely moving in the right direction and I have more faith in our current staff than previous staff.
I can't emphasise the point enough about the Ibrox crowd though, we need to be more patient.

We've got a talented bunch of players at U18 and younger.

The group between 18 and 21 aren't quite as strong, and I think that's because they largely missed out on all the major improvements we've made in the last few years at youth level.

We'll get something from the likes of Middleton, McCrorie (both of them), Kelly and maybe the likes of Rudden, Houston or Shiels, but it'll be a few years before the more talented lot are ready.

Love the way we are going about getting our youth players and building the foundations of our club

Hopefully these guys make it and who knows we might do what ajax done this year

Back