Rangers Request Pre 1970s Shirts

Exciting!

I wouldn’t have thought it’s for research for next season’s shirt as surely that’s all signed off by now? :oops:

Maybe looking for some for an exhibition or even the museum.

Exciting!

I wouldn’t have thought it’s for research for next season’s shirt as surely that’s all signed off by now? :oops:

Maybe looking for some for an exhibition or even the museum.

Think so, some fans took part in a focus group later part of last year with Castore and the club as to the new shirts for the anniversary.

It may be so they can be displayed in some sort of way ?

Did many folks buy replica shirts backing the 50s and 60s?

I'm presuming that the club are looking for official worn Rangers shirts now owned by ex-players families. ?

Last edited:
And ones that fans/collectors have bought

I've only known some punters who have official Rangers worn shirts since the 1970's, mate. I had my own thread a few months back asking if anyone had even seen some of our official shirts from the 40's / 50's/ 60's, especially our away and European shirts.

I've only known some punters who have official Rangers worn shirts since the 1970's, mate. I had my own thread a few months back asking if anyone had even seen some of our shirts from the 40's / 50's/ 60's, especially our away and European shirts.
Going on the tour at Ibrox and doing Hampden too.
I keep my ear to the ground on Mctears etc, I've only ever seen the 60s V-Neck at Hampden. That's it.
Such an iconic shirt that doesn't seem to exist.

Going on the tour at Ibrox and doing Hampden too.
I keep my ear to the ground on Mctears etc, I've only ever seen the 60s V-Neck at Hampden. That's it.
Such an iconic shirt that doesn't seem to exist.

The fat runt Cashley had Toffs which reproduced the old shirts years ago.

Back