Rangers Shop Belfast

Blue180

Was bought a gift voucher for my birthday in the above. Went yesterday to get one of the new Castore tops but after arriving there all I could see was left overs from the Hummel range. Asked the lads working there when is the new kit coming in and was told they havent got a clue when or if at all. Was also told that they havent got a clue what is going on as all they are told is to open up every morning... and they told me to go to sports direct...:confused: I am panicking now that the voucher if worthless even though the girlfriend was told by the same two lads that it can be used online. Who owns that shop? Rangers? Elite? Sports Direct? Any help and advice appreciated

Elite own the shops. If you have a voucher to use, you would be able to get the new top in SD. Seemingly they will be getting a batch, albeit a small number. Not promoting SD but under the circumstances, no point giving fat man free money by not using it.
Do you reckon I could use it at SD even though it is Rangers Retail gift card? She bought it in good faith. Didnt have a clue of the mess our club was in. Be a shame to waste it

Elite own the shops. If you have a voucher to use, you would be able to get the new top in SD. Seemingly they will be getting a batch, albeit a small number. Not promoting SD but under the circumstances, no point giving fat man free money by not using it.
Out of interest, how can an Elite voucher be used in SD?

Do you reckon I could use it at SD even though it is Rangers Retail gift card? She bought it in good faith. Didnt have a clue of the mess our club was in. Be a shame to waste it
You'll need to bite the bullet mate and spend it in the Rangers shop.

Sorry I though you were saying they told you, you could use it at SD. Ive no idea then, yeah it’s a pity they didn’t clear it up with her.

Sorry I though you were saying they told you, you could use it at SD. Ive no idea then, yeah it’s a pity they didn’t clear it up with her.
Shambles mate...as usual. How are "normal" people who dont know the ins and outs meant to know. It carries The Rangers crest and name..but its not really Rangers

I’d question why you’d want to shop in Sports Direct as well.

Also the fact the club are in litigation with elite and it was very well publicised that they were withholding monies due to the club

Was bought a gift voucher for my birthday in the above. Went yesterday to get one of the new Castore tops but after arriving there all I could see was left overs from the Hummel range. Asked the lads working there when is the new kit coming in and was told they havent got a clue when or if at all. Was also told that they havent got a clue what is going on as all they are told is to open up every morning... and they told me to go to sports direct...:confused: I am panicking now that the voucher if worthless even though the girlfriend was told by the same two lads that it can be used online. Who owns that shop? Rangers? Elite? Sports Direct? Any help and advice appreciated

Will need to give you the benefit of the doubt here since your profile says you only joined Follow Follow on 31st July... :rolleyes:

Surely anyone who even occasionally reads this forum knows that the elite shops shouldn't be used and won't have the new tops.

Probably a valid point though on how the club get the message out to the casual fan base. Even a Google search for 'Rangers store' brings up 3 different sites.

I’d question why you’d want to shop in Sports Direct as well.

Also the fact the club are in litigation with elite and it was very well publicised that they were withholding monies due to the club
I always wonder what rock people live under when it comes to retail, none of this is a secret, it’s not just social media and forums it’s all over the media as well

The Poster has highlighted just how out of the loop many of our 'so called" fans are, boy in my work couldn't be convinced that the Rangers shop in Belfast had eff all to do with Rangers and he was calling in there to get the new top, if he couldn't get it there he would get it in Sports Direct?

I until recently was in an RSC of 15 members and at least 5 of them would be ignorant to any off-field activities, back to the same looper in work, he reads the NewsNowRangers headlines every morning and comes down to me passing them off as fact....to be fair Liverpool is his "main team" but has always supported Rangers

Those who read pages on here and listen to H&H, 4Lads etc are pretty well informed, however we still have work to do on our Daily Record reading, Sports Direct shopping "so-called" Fans.

Considering the money is already spent I’d try and pick up whatever non-Hummel branded souvenir type things you can from the Belfast shop. They certainly won’t be getting any new kit in and will close their doors soon enough.

That shop wont be getting tops unless they buy direct from castore and i cant see that,i think i would be using the voucher for some pint glasses or keyrings etc just to use it up because i cant see it being open for too much longer

I know a bear in Belfast who ordered and collected the new strip from Sports Direct over there. His boy was desperate for the strip and it was just the easiest way for him to get the strip as he knew folk who had preordered through Rangers / castore and still hadn’t received them. Until Rangers perhaps have strips etc on sale in somewhere like JD sports which has shops everywhere in the UK or open more stores (I know it’s early days and more will open) then there are people who are always going to find it easier to get the strips from sports direct. It’s easy to criticise when we live in Glasgow and the mainland and can easily get to Ibrox.

That shop is owned by Elite. They likely won’t get the new kits.

They already have the money from the voucher so you may as well use it on some Rangers gear. Else they’ve got money for nothing.

I know a bear in Belfast who ordered and collected the new strip from Sports Direct over there. His boy was desperate for the strip and it was just the easiest way for him to get the strip as he knew folk who had preordered through Rangers / castore and still hadn’t received them. Until Rangers perhaps have strips etc on sale in somewhere like JD sports which has shops everywhere in the UK or open more stores (I know it’s early days and more will open) then there are people who are always going to find it easier to get the strips from sports direct. It’s easy to criticise when we live in Glasgow and the mainland and can easily get to Ibrox.
Pretty shite excuse. You forgot to put Bear in inverted commas.

Pretty shite excuse. You forgot to put Bear in inverted commas.
It wouldn’t be my choice but hey ho just highlighting someone else’s choice. His boy is happy while other kids are still waiting on there strip. And maybe it is a rubbish excuse , but is it not quite bad that it’s perhaps the easiest way to get the new strips for Rangers fans in loyal Ulster. Fair enough there will Be many Ulster bears who are happy to order through castore in the hope that the strip arrives in a timely manner. The guy is a relative of mine who just happened to live in a community under attack by republican Terrorists while he grew up so he will have experienced a lot worse than not being allowed to call himself a bear cos someone on an Internet forum said so for buying the rangers strip from the fat mans shop. I can certainly tell him the facts about sports direct but I won’t criticise him for buying his boy the strip how he did.

Last edited:
As much as that sounds terrible and mind blowing i can actually understand why people would do that

Why is the kit not on sale online in the likes of JD and kitbag sports for example?

The supporters who have been scared off from Castores online delivery shambles and don't live close to Glasgow what other options do they have?

As much as that sounds terrible and mind blowing i can actually understand why people would do that

Why is the kit not on sale online in the likes of JD and kitbag sports for example?

The supporters who have been scared off from Castores online delivery shambles and don't live close to Glasgow what other options do they have?

They wait. It’s completely unacceptable any Bear buying anything from Sports Direct under any circumstance.

They wait. It’s completely unacceptable any Bear buying anything from Sports Direct under any circumstance.
I get you 100% i wouldn't do it though it becomes a tough decision for some I'd imagine when you have a child desperate for the kit and only fat cashley has it to offer

It's painful that we are in this position the part that he has the kit exclusively ahead of the other sports retailers still annoys me and i believe he will be getting some sales which is sickening

You can afford to be snippy living on the mainland as opposed to the poor islanders.
My top arrived days late, I went to the shop to exchange it and they had none left in the size I wanted. At no point has it entered my head to get a refund and go and fill that fucking leech’s pockets. Order it online and wait.

I know you only joined on 31st July but was that your first day on the internet as well?

Few points. To the ones that have been helpful and civil many thanks. To the faceless keyboard warriors, conspiracy theorists and general smart arses.
1. I am well aware of the issues with Elite, law suits etc
2. By "normal people" I meant the likes of my girlfriend, or anybody who has a Bluenose in the family and has not got a clue that a "Rangers" shop is not quite what it seems and buys vouchers in good faith.
3. The reason I went there was that I thought (more hoped) that the shop is back in our hands same as the Ibrox one.
4. I did not buy the voucher and would never do so (see point 2)
5. I said the boys working in the shop wanted me to go to SD, I had no intention, funny enough.
6. No I dont live under a rock and had internet before 31st and would not go to SD if they were giving stuff away.
7. Just because someone is not on the internet, forums etc all the time and does not have the time to post 20000 times a day that they have seen a crane at Ibrox or what our kit man had for breakfast does not make them a yahoo.
8. Speaking of yahoos who needs them if so called your own cant wait to stick the boot in before they even know all the facts.

Have a nice day

Few points. To the ones that have been helpful and civil many thanks. To the faceless keyboard warriors, conspiracy theorists and general smart arses.
1. I am well aware of the issues with Elite, law suits etc
2. By "normal people" I meant the likes of my girlfriend, or anybody who has a Bluenose in the family and has not got a clue that a "Rangers" shop is not quite what it seems and buys vouchers in good faith.
3. The reason I went there was that I thought (more hoped) that the shop is back in our hands same as the Ibrox one.
4. I did not buy the voucher and would never do so (see point 2)
5. I said the boys working in the shop wanted me to go to SD, I had no intention, funny enough.
6. No I dont live under a rock and had internet before 31st and would not go to SD if they were giving stuff away.
7. Just because someone is not on the internet, forums etc all the time and does not have the time to post 20000 times a day that they have seen a crane at Ibrox or what our kit man had for breakfast does not make them a yahoo.
8. Speaking of yahoos who needs them if so called your own cant wait to stick the boot in before they even know all the facts.

Have a nice day

1&3 are a contradiction.

Why? Because I know of the issues with Elite, but I was hoping that maybe unbeknown to me we have taken over Belfast and St Enoch as well so I could spend the voucher I was bought as a present? Aye this must make me lennons twin. You are either a wind up merchant or a pedantic cnut

Back