Rangers shop - St Enoch Sq

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Trivial I know (and probably related to the pop up shops) but yesterday at 5.45 the shop was closed. Late night shopping, game on, lots of fans milling around (in fact a fair few outside the shop wondering why it was closed). Was this an oversight?

Later today I will pop in and update the troops on the black and orange training tops!

Tbh that seems to be a bit short sighted by the shop,kids on holiday and a game on surely the shop should have been open till 7 pm to catch trade heading to the game

Anyone know if they have the training trackies in kids sizes? Working up the toon the noo and was gonae pop in during my lunch break

Tbh that seems to be a bit short sighted by the shop,kids on holiday and a game on surely the shop should have been open till 7 pm to catch trade heading to the game
Contradictory post from you.
On one hand you berate fans for not turning up early and causing a logjam at the turnstiles and now you're criticising the Rangers store for closing early and not allowing fans a chance to buy until 7pm.

Maybe because most Bears around that area last night would be taking the Subway which had the pop up shop at the other end.

Trivial I know (and probably related to the pop up shops) but yesterday at 5.45 the shop was closed. Late night shopping, game on, lots of fans milling around (in fact a fair few outside the shop wondering why it was closed). Was this an oversight?

Later today I will pop in and update the troops on the black and orange training tops!

Tell them to get them back online ASAP! :))

Right update - almost no training gear at all in adult sizes.

White with orange - they said this has been all kids sizes so far but delivery due and 'it might' have adult sizes.
Black with orange - sold out. Hummel stunned by reaction and have no more so have put it back in queue for production....October at earliest!!!
Blue and light blue - S only, or kids.

Basically she hinted that Hummel had produced 'as for normal clubs' and had no idea that our fans would snap up everything in days. So yes, huge under estimation of demand.

White with orange - they said this has been all kids sizes so far but delivery due and 'it might' have adult sizes.
Black with orange - sold out. Hummel stunned by reaction and have no more so have put it back in queue for production....October at earliest!!!

Basically she hinted that Hummel had produced 'as for normal clubs' and had no idea that our fans would snap up everything in days. So yes, huge under estimation of demand.
So hummels think we are just a run of the mill club n fanbase.. ffs we ain't no Danish club or basketball team... good hummels have done the shirts but I'm hoping it's a bigger name come the season after next

Poor from Hummel.

Last season in 1st year of the contract & not being able to get any reliable figures of what we might sell due to boycott etc etc you could understand it but now they're in the 2nd year they should've had a grip of what demand should be like so there's no excuse in my book.

Poor from Hummel.

Last season in 1st year of the contract & not being able to get any reliable figures of what we might sell due to boycott etc etc you could understand it but now they're in the 2nd year they should've had a grip of what demand should be like so there's no excuse in my book.

10 seconds with a small group of fans: "Right, black top with orange trim which WILL be a favourite of Mr Gerrard..."
Fans: "Take our fucking money!!!"

10 seconds with a small group of fans: "Right, black top with orange trim which WILL be a favourite of Mr Gerrard..."
Fans: "Take our fucking money!!!"

Correct! It's not rocket science.

I want the orange & black training top, a long sleeved home shirt & the new trackie top the players had when they flew out to Portugal (with the chevrons the correct way) but I can't get any of them.

Frustrating.

Will save you the problem mate - there is none at all.

I was in yesterday morning.

So hummels think we are just a run of the mill club n fanbase.. ffs we ain't no Danish club or basketball team... good hummels have done the shirts but I'm hoping it's a bigger name come the season after next

I can see what you mean here but I've been really surprised with Hummel. The kits look brilliant and they're always promoting us on social media etc.

Add in the fact they paid extra to name our training ground and I'd say we've got a partner who, on the face of it, seems to be an absolute pleasure to work with.

They also seem fine negotiating the minefield that is Ashley.

I just wish they could sort the supply issues out.

Surely Robertson/King would have had discussions with Hummel to assist in planning, forecasting and supply levels. No excuses.

As I have mentioned before, this is basic stuff that Hummel are failing on.

Thank god we didn't sign a long term contract with this lot.

Any extension of the current contract must be severely under threat even at this stage.

"Unreliable" is not good enough from any manufacturer.

Last edited:
Even if board had said "Like an English team but 25% more stock to start with AND always have more ready to go..."
This.

It's basic stuff. How could there be such a bad communication breakdown and such an underestimation of the stock levels they would be required to plan to?? Very poor.

Its woefully inadequate from hummel.

ah shite
cheers for the update, I was gonna head down there today

i can see why Hummel havent been able to work out supply. First season they had nothing to project sales with in previous years, this season they can claim similar as they would likely be unable to predict if last season was a one off due to the previous couple of years.

I'm confident they'll be better prepared in future

Quite frankly it is shocking that they have underestimated demand. Surely somebody within our Club should have made them aware of demand, if we knew that we would be selling online or in a club shop? So basically, unless I mug somebody of my own size that is wearing the Black n Orange training top, I'm going to have to wait until October at the earliest? Yet again, we are shafted at the height of the better weather/summer holiday season. Not much chance of cutting about outside in a training top come November and December, so demand will probably go down by then, and after Xmas, unless they start to reduce the price, people will be more inclined to wait for the new range to be produced.

i can see why Hummel havent been able to work out supply. First season they had nothing to project sales with in previous years, this season they can claim similar as they would likely be unable to predict if last season was a one off due to the previous couple of years.

I can't buy into them not knowing. Not unless there is zero communication with our Club! Somebody at the Club or within Hummel, should be getting their baws booted. If we are not having to buy through SD, then sales history will show what demand for products is like.

I can't buy into them not knowing. Not unless there is zero communication with our Club! Somebody at the Club or within Hummel, should be getting their baws booted. If we are not having to buy through SD, then sales history will show what demand for products is like.
it had been what, 8 years since we had a 'normal' retail deal? Quite hard to get an accurate projection, easy for us as fans to say we know we will buy!

We have bought kits and training stuff pre Ashley stuff you know. It shouldn't take much from the club or Hummel to work out the demand for these products.

Failings all round.

We have bought kits and training stuff pre Ashley stuff you know. It shouldn't take much from the club or Hummel to work out the demand for these products.

Failings all round.
i know that mate, 7/8 + years ago though. Not exactly a recent record. I can see why they have not been going all in so far. I am sure next season they will

I think as with many things in life it’s the lack of information that’s the most frustrating. This inevitably leads to guesswork as to the causes for the delay in supply. In an ideal world the club perhaps through the SLO would comment and give us some kind of explanation. However we all know they cannot do that because of the ongoing court action by SD. However that doesn’t excuse Hummel/Elite. Given the ease with which information can be imparted in the modern age via the web and social media I cannot see why they cannot provide us as their customers more information. They must know the timescales their factories work to and so must at the least know when stock will be available in their shops and online. Dates of future availability would at least ease a bit of the frustration caused by “just not knowing”.

We are not like anyone. The reason clubs stagger home, away and third releases is that their fans won’t buy 3 strips at once.

We’d buy 3 strips, 9 training shirts and a branded tin opener.
All the more reason for Hummel not to get this wrong. Which they have.

They should be aware of our historical purchasing trends. It's not rocket science.

The fact they that have failed in this most basic of planning is hugely disappointing and inexcusable.

All the more reason for Hummel not to get this wrong. Which they have.

They should be aware of our historical purchasing trends. It's not rocket science.

The fact they that have failed in this most basic of planning is hugely disappointing and inexcusable.

Spot on! Somebody at the Club that looks after this, needs a roasting as well.

I get it is tough to gauge demand but ANYONE from SLO to H&H pod guys could have been used as a sounding board...put out nice product and we buy it ALL in huge numbers. Why didn't they sit down with interested parties and quickly see the passion, and the high demand.

Hummel "stunned" by the demand in training gear - two years in a row? Absolute gross incompetence. The shareholders should be demanding sackings given how much money they have missed out on due to supply issues.

I get it is tough to gauge demand but ANYONE from SLO to H&H pod guys could have been used as a sounding board...put out nice product and we buy it ALL in huge numbers. Why didn't they sit down with interested parties and quickly see the passion, and the high demand.

Last year we could accept short notice etc.

This year - tinpot.

We are not like anyone. The reason clubs stagger home, away and third releases is that their fans won’t buy 3 strips at once.

We’d buy 3 strips, 9 training shirts and a branded tin opener.
Do you know if the shop had the branded tin opener in stock so I can head over today?

Back