Rangers should be defusing any potential hooligan problem in Warsaw

monkey magic

Forewarned is for forearmed, as they say. A short statement ahead of the tie issuing concerns regarding Legia fans prior history for this anti social holigan behaviour. Let's face it, if there is any slight bother or minor incidents, the Scottish media will only be blaming one set of fans, and it won't be Legia's.

I can remember the days of the press telling us we were getting leathered in Brugges and Marseille.
Utter shite.Foreigners dont have the minerals ;)

Some people spend too much time worrying about things that might never happen.

Do the Legia fans have a reputation for attacking opposing fans? YES
they even attacked they own players before so, the OP is correct in that best to get it out there that our support needs to be careful when going to the away fixture as there may be a potential for trouble due to the reputation of elements within the Legia fans.

You know if there is trouble, the media will blame our support so best to open our mouths now about their reputation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4593337/legia-warsaw-hooligans-beat-up-players-local-rivals/

I let’s issue a statement that will sort it

that's not what the op is getting at id suggest. He's trying to say that best to warn our fans about the reputation of the Legia fans to save our own fans from getting attacked or involved in any potential serious incidents.

Forewarned is for forearmed, as they say. A short statement ahead of the tie issuing concerns regarding Legia fans prior history for this anti social holigan behaviour. Let's face it, if there is any slight bother or minor incidents, the Scottish media will only be blaming one set of fans, and it won't be Legia's.
Whoa there. What sorcery is this you speak of? Are you suggesting our directors become pro-active? This smacks of professionalism to me.
"How do you know this isn't going on in the background anyway?" or "Anything for a crack at the board" or "Let's wait and see" etc. etc.

Denmark was an excellent trip bus Several Rangers fans have been attacked by foreign neds and thugs on European jaunts recently, namely Maribor & Vienna, I think it’s only right this should be highlighted prior to our visit to Warsaw and before Liewells monkeys use us as a deflect again

Its called protecting ourselves in advance from any negative PR fallout. Its what good PR departments do.

just wait until something does happen, the usual suspects will be moaning that the board should have given the support a warning as to the potential for trouble with the Legia support.

just wait until something does happen, the usual suspects will be moaning that the board should have given the support a warning as to the potential for trouble with the Legia support.

I’m pretty sure the advice that’s sent to supporters who are travelling will contain relevant information about safety. To anticipate trouble that may not happen and then communicate it could well have an adverse effect.

To hope for what? A media who utterly despise us to not spin the story to be negative about us?

Their fans will likely cause it, certain irrelevant hacks in the media will bitch and moan about it. Genuinely who cares? Your Leckie’s and Spiers have been spinning their wheels on this for years.

Totally agree with you OP. Strange that your average supporter can see this coming but the board and Level5 have said sod all

I’m sure Spiers and Leckie will have the Big Bad Rangurs template ready to go. If there’s any bother at any game the Scottish media will blame us, doesn’t matter if we highlight it before or not. We highlighted Kilmarnock’s safety issue to them multiple times and were still blamed for the trouble.

To hope for what? A media who utterly despise us to not spin the story to be negative about us?

Their fans will likely cause it, certain irrelevant hacks in the media will bitch and moan about it. Genuinely who cares? Your Leckie’s and Spiers have been spinning their wheels on this for years.

For too long we've allowed the Rangers hating media to control the narrative surrounding our club and fans, the ludicrous pro Killie lies and nonsense in the tabloids after the recent fiasco at Rugby Park as another example. We should always be ahead of the media and be pro active and not reacting to events after they've happened.

They've not got the mentally challengeds spouting shite to them because they have had previous wouldn't surprise me if they went a wee wander down the Gallowgate.

I'll come over and sort them out. I need:

First class airfare from Toronto to Warsaw return.
Suite at the best hotel in Warsaw
Limo from hotel to where they assemble
4 ambulances to take them away
Limo to the game and a seat in the Directors box
Good bevvy after the game then limo to the airport.

Won't cost that much.

To save fans from being attacked and making them aware of potential trouble spots.

Aye, let’s issue a statement basically calling our hosts a shower of arseholes before we travel over there.
Tad dramatic! Nobody at all it saying that so maybe stop spouting bollox!

Making fans aware of potential areas to avoid is nothing at all as you are suggesting.its simply helping fans as they support the team.

Do you think when the Govt issues statements they are doing that to JUST insult the areas they are discussing or maybe it's looking after their citizens just like the club would be doing.

Scaremongering nonsense. The vast majority of Legia fans will be good people. Trouble will only occur where it’s being looked for.

Tad dramatic! Nobody at all it saying that so maybe stop spouting bollox!

Making fans aware of potential areas to avoid is nothing at all as you are suggesting.its simply helping fans as they support the team.

Do you think when the Govt issues statements they are doing that to JUST insult the areas they are discussing or maybe it's looking after their citizens just like the club would be doing.

Dramatic? I’m not the one posting pant pissing nonsense about Rangers issuing statements. Have you ever been away with Rangers in Europe? The Rangers away support are more than capable of looking after themselves without wee advice notes and statements.

Issue a statement about the behaviour of their fans before a ball is kicked would most likely provoke an attack if anything surely?

I'm pretty sure the Scottish rags will find a way to drag Rangers down regardless of what happens come Thursday.

We are always way behind on the PR angle. This time, we should be ahead of the PR game.

I don't think we have any chance in a PR game. The major papers and the people in charge of sport at both BBC and STV hate our club. It doesn't matter what we say beforehand they will grab any opportunity for negative headlines against our club. Just look at the Hivs cup final as the prime example.

Dramatic? I’m not the one posting pant pissing nonsense about Rangers issuing statements. Have you ever been away with Rangers in Europe? The Rangers away support are more than capable of looking after themselves without wee advice notes and statements.

Whoosh...as the point goes straight over your head.

If you think us issuing a statement will change the above, regardless of circumstances then you are deluded.

Same as giving up songs etc etc, they simply don't care as long as they have some sort of stick to beat us with, they will beat away.

What a thread.

You can't just release a statement and chastise a support prior to playing their club.

Another missing what the op is meaning! I care about our support not getting attacked and avoiding potential danger spots.

As for chastising a support before we play them, these are the fans that Attacked their own players for getting beat!

Back