Rangers should be defusing any potential hooligan problem in Warsaw

argument? its hardly an argument and more a discussion. as I stated above and as has now been pointed out how nuts they are, there is nothing wrong with just stating that the club is concerned about the safety of our support and issuing them with advice on areas of avoidance.

Legia aren't just daft lads, these are thugs that wouldn't hesitate in seriously hurting our support.

typical game for them

look at the amount of police needed for their match

Who is it you are trying to convince here? Everybody knows they have crackpots in their support. That doesn’t mean Rangers have to issue a statement about their fans....that’s what the thread is about. You, and others have turned the thread into something completely different.

Who is it you are trying to convince here? Everybody knows they have crackpots in their support. That doesn’t mean Rangers have to issue a statement about their fans....that’s what the thread is about. You, and others have turned the thread into something completely different.

you are saying that's not what the thread is about but it is. the op is clearly just stating , let's just say we have concerns about our travelling supports safety and give advice on areas to avoid.

you are saying that's not what the thread is about but it is. the op is clearly just stating , let's just say we have concerns about our travelling supports safety and give advice on areas to avoid.

The OP makes absolutely no mention of areas to avoid or the safety of our support. :D

Let’s be honest if they want trouble areas to avoid won’t matter, as we’ll be easy to find. As said the Rangers support is more than capable of holding our own if anything was to happen which isn’t even a guarantee

I’ve already seen threats on Twitter. Legia have the biggest hooligan firm in Poland. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll be going out to try and steal flags and attack folk for no reason.

Essentially hooliganism in Poland is like what it was back in the 80s in England etc. Only this time these guys don’t go out on the piss but train week in week out in gyms doing MMA.

Legia’s hooligan firm is called the Teddy Boys. Folk on here will laugh and say things like they look like absolute fannies etc but I would hate for our fans to go to Warsaw and some attacked in an unprovoked manner.
abcc39a7e14c687cca50c25d2a2a6328.jpg

8-2.jpg
I’m about as scared of them as we were supposed to be of Osijek or spartak last year or any other number through the years

The OP makes absolutely no mention of areas to avoid or the safety of our support. :D

I guess he was assuming you'd grasp his point..ohh well! I got it as did others and he's had plenty of likes on the op so, others must have grasped that as well.

I guess he was assuming you'd grasp his point..ohh well! I got it as did others and he's had plenty of likes on the op so, others must have grasped that as well.

Aye ok mate:D You have taken something from a guys post that he never actually said, then spent the next couple of hours arguing the point about it.
I’ve said from the beginning that we don’t need to make a statement criticising their fans- that’s what the OP was asking for- regardless of what else you took from it. Any other advice the club wishes to pass on to the travelling support will be put in the email we always get before every game.

I have to laugh as Legia are viewed as troublesome because they're rowdy, nationalist, fans who travel in big numbers. How exactly do you think people view Rangers from outside Britain? :D
we are pro British , right wing loyalist to some , with a support who can be troublesome if required .
As someone who has missed very few games abroad 42 years i will go to Warsaw on Wednesday have a few beers some food and what happens will happen .

Aye ok mate:D You have taken something from a guys post that he never actually said,

then spent the next couple of hours arguing the point about it.
I’ve said from the beginning that we don’t need to make a statement criticising their fans- that’s what the OP was asking for- regardless of what else you took from it. Any other advice the club wishes to pass on to the travelling support will be put in the email we always get before every game.

He didn't need to say it, its inferred.

lets just agree to disagree..

Forewarned is for forearmed, as they say. A short statement ahead of the tie issuing concerns regarding Legia fans prior history for this anti social holigan behaviour. Let's face it, if there is any slight bother or minor incidents, the Scottish media will only be blaming one set of fans, and it won't be Legia's.

You mean Legia and UEFA should be defusing ant hooligan problem in Warsaw. We have no problem with them, none whatsoever.

Was in Warsaw Airport last Wednesday morning when they were flying out to Athens. About 150 max, but they all looked like they were weightlifters.

If you think us issuing a statement will change the above, regardless of circumstances then you are deluded.

Same as giving up songs etc etc, they simply don't care as long as they have some sort of stick to beat us with, they will beat away.

Yes, the narrative will be "Rangers issue fans warning ahead of Legia match". If that's the headline you automatically think it's Rangers fans that have been warned. Far too easy for them to twist it. Then they will say if Rangers are so bothered why let fans travel. A personal note of warning to fans when they are successful for tickets maybe, but not a statement.

Some people spend too much time worrying about things that might never happen.

Disagree, we’re the whipping boy of the Scum Republican Media here, and the Poles have a long list of History. My one fear is FTP in a Country that is you know what, please don’t give them any excuse. The game I’m not bothered about.

Back