Rangers should produce the FARE charges presented to UEFA

We need to be shown in balck and white any FARE report presented to UEFA. It is imperative the fans know that FARE cannot invent new charges for disciplinary proceedings in the future.
FARE don’t make they rules. They just pass recordings on to UEFA.
We know what we can’t sing.

The fans have to know which songs are and aren't on any FARE proscribed list, as we can see from the numerous threads already it is already causing disharmony amongst the support.

If some genuinely don't know what songs are 'naughty' and can get us into trouble, then actually spelling it out isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

The club should do it, though, but how impactful it'd be remains to be seen.

Actually we have not, the club have done the bare minimal by stating don't sing offensive songs.

You not been at Ibrox long?

I’ve been in my seat for 18 years and roamed for years before that, I can remember at least 3 or 4 occasions of getting a wee book telling us what we can sing.
I’m sure there was communication as well as to what songs were banned.

If you don’t no that you can’t sign anything about being a sad 19th Century Terrorist bástard, up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood or fück the pope and the Vatican then you must live on the moon!

I’ve been in my seat for 18 years and roamed for years before that, I can remember at least 3 or 4 occasions of getting a wee book telling us what we can sing.

It doesn't need spelt out, those who sing it will cling on for dear life.

I’m pretty sure we’ve been told plenty of times what words we can’t say/sing.
We’ve not though. Not that I’m aware of.

To me it’s simple. But some need it spelling out.

The club should say songs, x y and z are banned. Words and phrases x y and z are banned. Anyone caught singing them get banned.

But they haven’t done it. And match after match certain fans have got ‘braver’ and we are here

Wrong. In Eindhoven the fans didn't sing it and we still got a fine and ban and FARE refused to show report to the club.

So I'm not sure how you work out that's it all so simple.

So if I was to give you a list of 4-5 songs, you wouldn't be able to tell me which ones are dodgy to sing at a game & which ones aren't?

So if I was to give you a list of 4-5 songs, you wouldn't be able to tell me which ones are dodgy to sing at a game & which ones aren't?

The one that was 'banned' at that time was TBB and we didn't sing it. FARE had us punished anyway and refused to show report.

It is NOTHING to do with bad words, but by all means stop singing them.

Folks need to realise they don't get to decide the definition of 19th Century Terrorist.

Aucht I only sign it is a laugh.

Try it with a few other words and see how it goes.

The fans have to know which songs are and aren't on any FARE proscribed list, as we can see from the numerous threads already it is already causing disharmony amongst the support.
If people actually don’t understand what is acceptable and what is not in 2019 then they should stop going to the football. It’s not bloody difficult. The fans that caused this are an absolute disgrace.

FARE can’t produce a “list” because it is a fluid situation. The songs we sing this season might be different to the ones we sing next season. As a rule of thumb, if the song is about Rangers it’s likely to be ok. If it denigrates a nation or faith then not ok

FARE can’t produce a “list” because it is a fluid situation. The songs we sing this season might be different to the ones we sing next season. As a rule of thumb, if the song is about Rangers it’s likely to be ok. If it denigrates a nation or faith then not ok

so why dont FARE report their anti British racist songs and anti protestant songs sung by them? He knows the songs they sing, he and has his mrs are "enthusiastic" Celtic Fans after all.

I dont have the brains to do it but it's about time someone started digging in to the background of this mob. Finances, employees/beneficiaries, funding sources, activities, record of matches attended and referrals made to UEFA etc. See what dirty laundry they are hiding. I'd be willing to bet they are no less self interested or corrupt than any other NGO.

If they receive any public funding or are a charity does this render them open to FOI requests?

Come on brainy bears get digging.

Yes mate I'm 37 years old, I still have the 'wee blue book' that was given out during the murray era.

Not good enough. Our current board have done nothing to engage with fans over the matter or anything pro-active to try and stamp out sectarian chanting.

Quite happy to take all the money and the prestige that goes with the UEFA competitions but wont help the same fans bursting their banks to help support the club.

It really is so easy to pass the buck to the average fan by issuing a warning or condemning offensive singing. There is so much more to this than 'naughty fans'

So is the word 19th Century Terrorist sectarian or racist?

They seem to like using 'racist' now as it sounds worse to outsiders.

Irish republicans are not a race, that's for sure.

But the simple truth is we can't sing songs with that word in it.

why? they declared them selves "the 19th Century Terrorist army" on a massive banner and 19th Century Terrorist isn't sectarian.
Well uefa have taken the line that “19th Century Terrorist” is sectarian. If you go to Ibrox and sing songs with the word “19th Century Terrorist” you are hurting our club. Why would anyone want to sing songs which they know will hurt our great team.

No idea why Rangers have never communicated what is banned. Spell it out in black and white.

Have an adult conversation with the fans. Use the exact words and songs banned so no one is under any illusion. Can be sorted in an instant. The SPL will now employ the same tactics.

If we roll over on ulster folk tunes (with no reference to religion,) it will be a sad day in my life as a Ranger.

The songs that are allowed will be sung twice as loud.

FARE, who are proven to have an agenda against our club, must have produced unchallenged physical evidence to UEFA. It is utterly scandalous. We as supporters are entitled to see such evidence.

Yes mate I'm 37 years old, I still have the 'wee blue book' that was given out during the murray era.

Not good enough. Our current board have done nothing to engage with fans over the matter or anything pro-active to try and stamp out sectarian chanting.

Quite happy to take all the money and the prestige that goes with the UEFA competitions but wont help the same fans bursting their banks to help support the club.

It really is so easy to pass the buck to the average fan by issuing a warning or condemning offensive singing. There is so much more to this than 'naughty fans'

My first remark was tongue in cheek by the way.

I completely agree we are disproportionately targeted by FARE & UEFA
But we know this, everyone does. Yet the same people still maintain that they can sing the main song which we know will get us into bother with TBB. It’s not even a debate. It’s a fact that we’ve been told it’s not allowed, especially in Europe.
Ideally we would have a group like FARE set up to target anti British and anti Protestant racism, but that still doesn’t change the fact that we sung a banned song.

You need the club to place an awareness guy beside you at all times?

"Sorry Monkey magic, you can't sing %^*& the pope as that offends around 1.2 Billion people, including your own players and fans sitting beside you"

"Sorry Monkey magic, singing up being up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood as this is incredibly offensive in so many levels"

"Sorry Monkey magic, 19th Century Terrorist bastards? see above"

"Monkey magic, do you realise you are watching a football team who play in Scotland? What does the IRA and UVF and bloody Bobby Sands got to do with it"?

Fucking hell.

I've just read the Rangers statement again and I think some are getting confused by the use of the term 'racist behaviour'. Looking at that differently I think what Rangers are saying is that UEFA deem sectarian singing to be 'racist behaviour'. UEFA are wrong to do so but I think that's what Rangers are actually saying in their statement rather than suggesting racist behaviour took place.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

Last edited:
Why would anyone be offended by 19th Century Terrorist? "offensive on so many levels...". No levels at all surely?

I agree re the Pontiff...I despise him but he has his slavish acolytes and we should be aware of staying away from mentioning him.

Its nonsense when people try and claim that.

you are either offended by a term or you just arent.

I get that, anyone with common sense gets it. But you’d still wind up with a criminal record as a racist if it went further.

Back