Rangers should produce the FARE charges presented to UEFA

Legality over what can be said and what can’t be said is a discussion for another day in my opinion. What shocks me is how little resistance the Club executive have put up to these allegations - they should be taking this to the courts, draw it out as long as possible, spare no expense to defend our club/fans?!

You need the club to place an awareness guy beside you at all times?

"Sorry Monkey magic, you can't sing %^*& the pope as that offends around 1.2 Billion people, including your own players and fans sitting beside you"

"Sorry Monkey magic, singing up being up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood as this is incredibly offensive in so many levels"

"Sorry Monkey magic, 19th Century Terrorist bastards? see above"

"Monkey magic, do you realise you are watching a football team who play in Scotland? What does the IRA and UVF and bloody Bobby Sands got to do with it"?

Fucking hell.

The numerous Rangers fans and supporters groups should be able to see for themselves the report compiled by FARE and presented to UEFA. I don't know why many have a problem with this simple request.

It is frustrating that we get dragged through the mud for saying 19th Century Terrorist when they openly have banners about it yet nothing gets said.

In saying that, our fans are morons for continuing to sing it knowing fine well the implications...same goes for any reference to the pope and more annoyingly, Bobby Sands. Why do we obsess over a terrorist who died nearly 40 years ago? Odd behaviour.

Legality over what can be said and what can’t be said is a discussion for another day in my opinion. What shocks me is how little resistance the Club executive have put up to these allegations - they should be taking this to the courts, draw it out as long as possible, spare no expense to defend our club/fans?!

It’s UEFA’s competition the game was televised and they had delegates there let’s not pretend and play dumb what wasn’t song. We all know what song did they damage Spiers has shone the light on it for FARE long enough. %^*& all Club could do banged to rights.

And who decides what sectarian?

It’s not up to Rangers to tell fans it’s up to UEFA to let Rangers know what chants are classed as sectarian

How can the word 19th Century Terrorist be sectarian for one set of fans but not another ?

I dont have the brains to do it but it's about time someone started digging in to the background of this mob. Finances, employees/beneficiaries, funding sources, activities, record of matches attended and referrals made to UEFA etc. See what dirty laundry they are hiding. I'd be willing to bet they are no less self interested or corrupt than any other NGO.

If they receive any public funding or are a charity does this render them open to FOI requests?

Come on brainy bears get digging.

Perhaps someone should set up an NGOwatch.uk to monitor the activities of these self appointed guardians of society.

"Quis custodet ipsos custodes?"

You need the club to place an awareness guy beside you at all times?

"Sorry Monkey magic, you can't sing %^*& the pope as that offends around 1.2 Billion people, including your own players and fans sitting beside you"

"Sorry Monkey magic, singing up being up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood as this is incredibly offensive in so many levels"

"Sorry Monkey magic, 19th Century Terrorist bastards? see above"

"Monkey magic, do you realise you are watching a football team who play in Scotland? What does the IRA and UVF and bloody Bobby Sands got to do with it"?

Fucking hell.

You need one of the Little guides you get in bookshops," an idiots guide to" !

They declare themselves 19th Century Terrorists, they sing anti British songs and anti Protestant songs, the head of FARE and his Mrs are enthusiastic Celtic fans. he fails to report the abuse sung by them so why is this not offensive?

You cant say you are against sectarian and racist abuse but fail to report said abuse of the club you and your wife support..

Asking the board to say what the offensive song was is just asking to see the evidence and why this board can not call out the anti Protestant abuse sung to us christ knows!

And who decides what sectarian?

It’s not up to Rangers to tell fans it’s up to UEFA to let Rangers know what chants are classed as sectarian

How can the word 19th Century Terrorist be sectarian for one set of fans but not another ?

We have genuine bigots out there who see we are the people and no surrender as sectarian. FARE will come after those next.

Why would anyone be offended by 19th Century Terrorist? "offensive on so many levels...". No levels at all surely?

I agree re the Pontiff...I despise him but he has his slavish acolytes and we should be aware of staying away from mentioning him.

We know what the word means, but like it or not 98% of people think it is a derogatory term of Irish Catholics or even just Catholics.

It’s UEFA’s competition the game was televised and they had delegates there let’s not pretend and play dumb what wasn’t song. We all know what song did they damage Spiers has shone the light on it for FARE long enough. %^*& all Club could do banged to rights.
This is a centuries old, ideological battle. Neither a football club or organisation will solve the hatred. The club should explain this to UEFA, nothing is going to change and harming innocent fans isn’t a solution.

It's got nothing to do with what we sing.The crunch is that we are being singly selected for punishment and unfairly treated.
When there is a level playing field then they can punish us.
Grow a fucking set Rangers and have them told.

You need one of the Little guides you get in bookshops," an idiots guide to" !

They declare themselves 19th Century Terrorists, they sing anti British songs and anti Protestant songs, the head of FARE and his Mrs are enthusiastic Celtic fans. he fails to report the abuse sung by them so why is this not offensive?

You cant say you are against sectarian and racist abuse but fail to report said abuse of the club you and your wife support..

Asking the board to say what the offensive song was is just asking to see the evidence and why this board can not call out the anti Protestant abuse sung to us christ knows!

You need to take responsibility for your own actions. I don't care if somebody down the street is being offensive, if my own house is throwing mud I don't have legs to stand on do I?

Get our own house in order before we start pointing fingers.

Why would anyone be offended by 19th Century Terrorist? "offensive on so many levels...". No levels at all surely?

I agree re the Pontiff...I despise him but he has his slavish acolytes and we should be aware of staying away from mentioning him.

See my post regarding meaning.

We’ve not though. Not that I’m aware of.

To me it’s simple. But some need it spelling out.

The club should say songs, x y and z are banned. Words and phrases x y and z are banned. Anyone caught singing them get banned.

But they haven’t done it. And match after match certain fans have got ‘braver’ and we are here

That's what need to happen. The club have to show leadership and put it in a statement explicitly what songs and what words are banned and follow through with the statement and ban any fans caught singing them inside the stadium.

Then and only then can the club can say we're doing all we can to prevent it.

I don't agree with it, it's not a level playing field, but it's the only way to stop it.

We’ve not though. Not that I’m aware of.

To me it’s simple. But some need it spelling out.

The club should say songs, x y and z are banned. Words and phrases x y and z are banned. Anyone caught singing them get banned.

But they haven’t done it. And match after match certain fans have got ‘braver’ and we are here

Correct. The board have to come out and identify to the hard of thinking exactly what they can't sing.

Wasnt Build My Gallows as song that's seen us punished previously?

I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting done for anything that's regarded as unionist/NI related in future.

Fantastic response.

But, but, but they sing bad songs too!

Pathetic.

Whats pathetic, is that our club is targetted by the head of an organisation who himself is a racist yet he is calling us racist! seriously!

I want a level playing field and for this organisation to report ALL racist and sectarian abuse.. which it doesnt. I want the club to state this man has an agenda against our club.

The club have issued song books plenty of times.

All season ticket holders should know exactly what to sing. There’s no excuse. Don’t put this back on the club. Most of us are adults and should know better.

I've emailed them to ask them if they reply I will post.

In my other thread I posted a link to discriminatory guidelines which clearly states which words around the world are not allowed. "19th Century Terrorist" is not mentioned. Not that I condone use of the word, but everyone appears to be pointing to that.

The club have issued song books plenty of times.

All season ticket holders should know exactly what to sing. There’s no excuse. Don’t put this back on the club. Most of us are adults and should know better.

Rangers fans are the club, mate. The Board are just the Custodians. We have a right to know and see the FARE report presented to UEFA. They could be inventing anything they like to damage us. FARE have previous for deliberately targeting our club.

So if I was to give you a list of 4-5 songs, you wouldn't be able to tell me which ones are dodgy to sing at a game & which ones aren't?
Try it on here, and i bet you get lots of different responses.

Yes, it SHOULD be pretty obvious to folk, but the fact is that it isn't. The club need to be more proactive about this.

The fans have to know which songs are and aren't on any FARE proscribed list, as we can see from the numerous threads, it is already causing disharmony amongst the support.
It's pretty simple. You can't say 19th Century Terrorist, you can't denounce another religion. You can't voice a wish for harm or violence on anyone else and you can't use discrimination to invoke anger in another group or mock a religion,Creed or race.

Pretty much just stick to supporting your own and telling the world how great we are.

At some pont in the last 20 or 30 years the definition of 19th Century Terrorist expanded from Keltic warrior to also mean Catholic. Unfortunately we can't do anything about that and can't get around it by saying 'I don't mean Catholic, I mean IRA loving plastic paddys'.

Yes, I think they have one of their judges to thank for that. I still think however there's something in pursuing that definition because that's what the pederast protectors call themselves with impunity.

And if FARE now decide to arbitrarily move the goalposts regarding songs or chants that they themselves decide are offensive from Rangers fans, what do we do then ? Face more UEFA charges ?

So what do we do? Take on UEFA? That will be a fight we cannot win.

Or not sing the songs?

Listen I am really annoyed about this, I may have to take a step back and cool down.

Try it on here, and i bet you get lots of different responses.

Yes, it SHOULD be pretty obvious to folk, but the fact is that it isn't. The club need to be more proactive about this.

The overwhelming majority of people who sing TBB go quiet at 'that' word.

Am I being unfair in saying that? With that being the case, the pleads of ignorance only go so far.

Yes, I think they have one of their judges to thank for that. I still think however there's something in pursuing that definition because that's what the pederast protectors call themselves with impunity.

It might be worth a try but in my opinion they would go down the Black/White 'it's our word' defence.

It's pretty simple. You can't say 19th Century Terrorist, you can't denounce another religion.

You can't voice a wish for harm or violence on anyone else and you can't use discrimination to invoke anger in another group or mock a religion,Creed or race.

Pretty much just stick to supporting your own and telling the world how great we are.

ITS NOT A BLOODY RELIGION!!!

It's pretty simple. You can't say 19th Century Terrorist, you can't denounce another religion. You can't voice a wish for harm or violence on anyone else and you can't use discrimination to invoke anger in another group or mock a religion,Creed or race.

You mean like Flower of Scotland or the French national anthem La Marseillaise, the latter which speaks of the French wading in the furrows of foreign blood ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Marseillaise#Lyrics

The overwhelming majority of people who sing TBB go quiet at 'that' word.

Am I being unfair in saying that? With that being the case, the pleads of ignorance only go so far.

That's where the club have to show leadership, if they come out and say its not TBB that's banned it's 19th Century Terrorist, then people singing Celtic blood can drown it out

It might be worth a try but in my opinion they would go down the Black/White 'it's our word' defence.
What? Their 'N' word?
Thing is, the longer the club refuses to bring this issue in-house, ie. get the UBs and others on board and policing themselves and continues to accept the uneven application of sanctions the further away we get from a genuine solution.

I am not defending any songs as a number are cringe worthy at best and have no place at our games but it is about time UEFA showed some transparency and a Supporters organisation took UEFA to some sort of Court for a legal definition. They are openly accusing and tarring all Rangers fans as being sectarian racists.

Who defines what is racist what is sectarianism and where is the right to freedom of speech.

Let’s be honest UEFA seem to have no regard for player safety with sanctions for pitch invasions, attacking players or assaulting them with missiles not as important as some words.

They also have little regard for fan safety and are happy for fans to be treated like criminals or herded about worse than cattle. Or whacked with batons when overzealous Police take a notion for it. Most recently Maribor last season.

We were held inside the ground for over an hour for our own safety. Surely in this day and age supporters should be able to go to any game across Europe without fear of being attacked. If fan welfare is their concern why are they not banning clubs from their competitions.

So let’s be having it from UEFA what is unacceptable and their reasoning for it.

That's where the club have to show leadership, if they come out and say its not TBB that's banned it's 19th Century Terrorist, then people singing Celtic blood can drown it out

Sorry mate, but that's not right. We aren't solely banned from singing/using that word, we are banned from singing "TBB" in all forms - I appreciate that's a bit woolly, but it's reality.

"The Billy Boys" being sung breaches the ban. Not agreeing with it, just telling you what it is.

There's a document from 2006 where fan group leaders met Murray & Bain & a further statement confirmed this, I'd dig it out but too many don't agree with it.

What? Their 'N' word?
Thing is, the longer the club refuses to bring this issue in-house, ie. get the UBs and others on board and policing themselves and continues to accept the uneven application of sanctions the further away we get from a genuine solution.

Yes, I agree it's shit but I think that's the direction of travel.

It's already kinda happened down south with Spurs and Yid, its OK for them to song it but punishable for other fans to refer to them as Yids.

Stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists. It's not rocket science. To UEFA, 19th Century Terrorist = catholic. You can argue it for the rest of your life if you want but it's not up for debate.

Latest posts

Back