Rangers should produce the FARE charges presented to UEFA

Times have changed mate unfortunately we have been a bit behind keeping up. We have all done it in not in any way taking some faux moral high ground. Since souness arrived and the influx of catholic players from around the world arrived I have always felt we needed to lose it.

When u have the catholic players singing the same songs it can confuse players

why? they declared them selves "the 19th Century Terrorist army" on a massive banner and 19th Century Terrorist isn't sectarian.
This is actually top trolling from them.TBB had all but disappeared and with one banner from them,it’s been back this season.Thise in our support that sing TBB have been played like a fiddle here.

How about we start with cutting out the ftp and 19th Century Terrorist references first and then worry about the rest on a position of strength.
Why aren't those that sing FTQ condemned and reported by FARE?

It's that expecting parity thing again?

Rangers fans are the club, mate. The Board are just the Custodians. We have a right to know and see the FARE report presented to UEFA. They could be inventing anything they like to damage us. FARE have previous for deliberately targeting our club.

Yeah because it’s not like us to sign bigoted songs. This report could’ve been made at any match this season. Let’s just blame a conspiracy instead of just putting our hands up changing our behaviour and coming into the 21st century.

Actually we have not, the club have done the bare minimal by stating don't sing offensive songs.

Several years ago sheets were given out telling what to not sing...
No one took notice then!

A 5 year old knows what’s ok to sing so grow up and know what’s right and wrong

For what it’s worth I think we’ve had a massive target on us since Stevie Clarke and his run in with the union bears. It’s all bullshit, and it’s unfair but it’s a stick we will continue to be beaten with unless we can eradicate it. No doubt uefa’s actions will now embolden the spl/sfa.

Yeah because it’s not like us to sign bigoted songs. This report could’ve been made at any match this season. Let’s just blame a conspiracy instead of just putting our hands up changing our behaviour and coming into the 21st century.

It's aboutr parity and questioning why FARE never hear or report the racist and sectarian singing from Celtic fans

Whats pathetic, is that our club is targetted by the head of an organisation who himself is a racist yet he is calling us racist! seriously!

I want a level playing field and for this organisation to report ALL racist and sectarian abuse.. which it doesnt. I want the club to state this man has an agenda against our club.
Well said sir.

The rights and wrongs of the word 19th Century Terrorist can, and will, be debated. But what is not up for debate now is that the word cannot be used at Ibrox.

We can cry about how unfair that is, but it's a battle we've lost and anyone who keeps trying to fight it will cost us the war.

We need to go on the offensive regarding FARE and their premeditated and prejudiced scrutiny of us and their deliberate ignorance of goings-on elsewhere. We need to go on the offensive to ensure that we don't lose the next battle - whatever it is they choose to attack us for next. But make no mistake, anyone who tries to defend using the word 19th Century Terrorist makes will make that battle infinitely harder.

The Club need to do more to defend us, to defend the rest of our wonderful songbook. But we can't turn the clock back and recover what is already lost.

You reckon FARE don't have an agenda against our club and support. ? Our ex Chief Executive and various Rangers fans groups stated that FARE deliberately targeted our club. What makes you think otherwise ?

I constantly hear media intellectuals bleating that TBB and The Sash are archaic and neanderthal as it celebrates battle victories from as along ago as 1690. We are told it has nothing to do with sport.
Yet when the national team play they are proud to blast a tune that celebrates the defeat of the English back 1314.
It's as if there is no reason, just an agenda.

I constantly hear media intellectuals bleating that TBB and The Sash are archaic and neanderthal as it celebrates battle victories from as along ago as 1690. We are told it has nothing to do with sport.
Yet when the national team play they are proud to blast a tune that celebrates the defeat of the English back 1314.

I'm disappointed that the club will not show the supporters the report presented to UEFA by FARE. The names of FARE can easily be redacted to ensure anonymity. We are being crucified here and are still left in the dark.

Wrong. In Eindhoven the fans didn't sing it and we still got a fine and ban and FARE refused to show report to the club.

So I'm not sure how you work out that's it all so simple.
Pretty sure it was Build My Gallows that was deemed to be the contentious song in eindhoven as it was sung for a good twenty minutes.
So the songs we sing aren’t the issue, it’s just that we are Rangers.
They’ll find a way to say we did something wrong no matter what I feel.
It will make our case stronger if we only sing Rangers songs but I get the feeling we’re on to a loser no matter what.

It's aboutr parity and questioning why FARE never hear or report the racist and sectarian singing from Celtic fans

Who cares
All I care about is rangers being able to compete in Europe.
Whataboutery is going to get us no where here.

There’s no point trying to fight it.
Need to take medicine and learn from mistakes. Get our own house in order

It time for someone to get there finger out and take this to the court of human rights, Yes the songs that have been sung for years have to go from inside Ibrox, But the way we are being hounded by Fare and the influence of the Beasts from the East surely needs to be took to task, But given our legal teams track record it would probably do more harm than good.

Who cares
All I care about is rangers being able to compete in Europe.
Whataboutery is going to get us no where here.

There’s no point trying to fight it.
Need to take medicine and learn from mistakes. Get our own house in order

oh christ.. everytime i see that bloody expression whataboutery on here

giphy.gif

its about parity, its about questionig how Fair, FARE really are and showing up the frankly obvious discrepancies... The tramps have been charged 11 times by UEFA and yet never had the punishment we have been given...

oh christ.. everytime i see that bloody expression whataboutery on here

giphy.gif

its about parity, its about questionig how Fair, FARE really are and showing up the frankly obvious discrepancies... The tramps have been charged 11 times by UEFA and yet never had the punishment we have been given...

And then what?
Is that Gona help us play in Europe.
Get a grip

I’ve no interest in that lot.

Does it really need us being dragged to UEFA again for singing we are the people or no surrender before folk wake up to the FARE campaign against us ?
You just cant give it up, thin edge of the wedge conspiracy bullshit, stop the offensive songs and then we are in a far superior position, currently we have little or no moral high ground on which to stand

I hear you but so many are just not interested, their own prejudice is more important than Rangers FC the club we love and support

Fantastic response.

But, but, but they sing bad songs too!

Pathetic.
Fare who are run by racists .who are full of terrorist supporters.but you are happy enough for them to report us for singing.the guy who runs fare what was his wife allegedly shouting at the Celtic vs arsenal game .but you seem quiet happy for this organisation to be able to judge us.

Fare who are run by racists .who are full of terrorist supporters.but you are happy enough for them to report us for singing.the guy who runs fare what was his wife allegedly shouting at the Celtic vs arsenal game .but you seem quiet happy for this organisation to be able to judge us.
I need to assume from your post your OK with singing songs UEFA deems as racist/sectarian, juts dont want FARE to report it, correct?

We’ve not though. Not that I’m aware of.

To me it’s simple. But some need it spelling out.

The club should say songs, x y and z are banned. Words and phrases x y and z are banned. Anyone caught singing them get banned.

But they haven’t done it. And match after match certain fans have got ‘braver’ and we are here

Spot on, would solve a lot of potential arguments as well in the stands and online

Rangers must now produce the evidence of sectarianism presented to UEFA, how and why it was deemed to be sectarianism, and show it to the various fan groups. It is their duty to do so. We must know our prosecutors. It is scandalous.
You are correct mate. I have said on several threads. The game was on 18th July. The club must have been informed of charges long before the verdict came out on Friday. Why have they said nothing. They were still selling tickets for the Legia game.

Get the songs stopped can only help the club.
But what will be targeted next????
Yip they hate us that much,they haven't spent a fortune on a new PR company for eff all.

Christ almighty! you should as their interest in us and working together on social media is why we are losing a PR battle..!
We’ve just lost the pr battle by singing the billy boys.
Branded as racists accross all of Europe.

It just needs to stop

the 2nd verse of the French national anthem has a line in it with fields of childrens blood

English translation:
Arise, children of the Fatherland
Our day of glory has arrived
Against us the bloody flag of tyranny
is raised; the bloody flag is raised.
Do you hear, in the countryside
The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
They’re coming right into your arms
To cut the throats of your sons, your comrades!
To arms, citizens!
Form your battalions
Let’s march, let’s march
That their impure blood
Should water our fields.

We need to be shown in black and white any FARE report presented to UEFA. It is imperative the fans know that FARE cannot invent new charges for disciplinary proceedings in the future.

Are these people self-appointed moral guardians or are they appointed by UEFA? our club should ask for info on all the games where FARE had a rep and compare it against the games of ours they have '' watched '' to see if there is an equal spread also how many games did the watch at porkhead and did they report them for their religious bigotry?.
we are governed by an illiberal elite who see nothing wrong in people referring to themselves as '' 19th Century Terrorists '' but anyone else making the same reference is deemed to have committed an offence.

FARE have never once cited or reported that mob across the city to UEFA for racist anti British and anti Protestant songs and chants, which happen at every one of their European ties. FARE receive money from the EU as an anti racism initiative. They are a fraud.

all the more reason to Leave the EU

Why would anyone be offended by 19th Century Terrorist? "offensive on so many levels...". No levels at all surely?

I agree re the Pontiff...I despise him but he has his slavish acolytes and we should be aware of staying away from mentioning him.

It’s akin to Anjem Choudary complaining about being of a Jihadist minded.

FARE have never once cited or reported that mob across the city to UEFA for racist anti British and anti Protestant songs and chants, which happen at every one of their European ties. FARE receive money from the EU as an anti racism initiative. They are a fraud.

Piara Power is married to a tim

We need to be shown in black and white any FARE report presented to UEFA. It is imperative the fans know that FARE cannot invent new charges for disciplinary proceedings in the future.

This is it in a nutshell and I’ve been arguing that in TBB thread.

We need to be clever here and make sure the charges are explicit and well publicised amongst the support.

The many posters aggressively saying “it’s obvious” and “those who have to ask are idiots” and other expressions to that effect are the ones who are missing the point.

Use this opportunity to define it. Otherwise we face the threat of constantly moving the goalposts and continuing to come after our club. We need the ability to call that behaviour out if it happens in the future. Clarity and constructive debate is the only way to achieve that.

Back