Rangers Silk Scarves 60's?

That's where I got mine ,& still got it today
Was the shop called Dunn’s? It was a gents outfitters.
I will need to look out my bonnet and check the label inside. I also have a tie.

If you want to go the heaven when you die.

I will need to look out my bonnet and check the label inside. I also have a tie.

Not sure of the name of the shop but it wasn't a men's outlet use to sell all sorts of stuff coming from the top end that's Hope St it was on the right

Last edited:

I thought I was doing well but to have the bonnet & tie wow that's going some I bet that bonnet is worth a few bob as there won't be many of them still about

Still have one I wore in Barcelona 72’, Have it on a bronze bust and if anyone asked ‘who’s the bust’? I tell them it’s Dave Kinnear!(some young bears might not know who DK was).Gave a couple away to American military when I was in Barcelona, they were supporting us against the Russians.

We have my granpa's silk scarf, ties and bonnet! They are thing's of beauty and will be passed on for generations hopefully
That’s great that future generations will get to enjoy them.

I have two daughters who don’t like football.

They were worried and are worse now I was going to have a heart attack watching Rangers.

So I gave away my scarves and programs to family and friends whose kids liked Rangers.

I had a silk scarf back in the 60's but can't remember where it came from. My mother convinced/browbeat me to give it to her pals son who at 16 suddenly took an interest in Rangers. Her idea being it would encourage him to go to games etc. He lasted 4 games and I never saw the scarf again.

:mad: :mad::mad:

Had a look there that's not the one I'm talking about it's the one with loads of wee Lion
rampants
And the white silk tassles on either end...That's the one I've still got. Was given it in 1980, never use it but I love it to bits and it's still in great nick.

I'm sure the shop under the Central Bridge was called Maxwell's.

They also had another shop on the High St.

I'm sure the shop under the Central Bridge was called Maxwell's.
I sure there was two shops that sold our scarf & other stuff one was like a gift shop remember also getting a mug from there with gold rim & on the tip of the handle & Rangers print around the middle wish I still had that now

I sure there was two shops that sold our scarf & other stuff one was like a gift shop remember also getting a mug from there with gold rim & on the tip of the handle & Rangers print around the middle wish I still had that now

The Maxwells shop under Central Bridge had both us and their scarves in the window together, for some reason. :D This was back in the 1970's.

The Maxwells shop under Central Bridge had both us and their scarves in the window together, for some reason. :D This was back in the 1970's.
That's it they had exactly the same stuff of ours & their stuff inside coming from north Glasgow we use to get off the bus in hope St by the print & always use to go in for a look on the way into town

Iv got one from 1976 treble season and bought others of eBay
my friend got his dad's from 60 s
these scarf s are worth a fortune
near 100 pounds or more

I have this scarf that was passed down from Grandfather, Dad and now Myself. Never gets worn but wrapped up and put away. Im not even sure how old it is

image1.png

image0.png

You would be surprised just how valuable this scarf is, only drawback tassels should be white. Late 60/70s
Not sure I want to sell mate.

Just looking to see what it's worth
Bought mine in 1966/67 and it was already scarce, and one of the last available even them. Think it was about £5 then. I'm guessing it dates to 1964. Value as original with a white fringe in very good condition, between £75 to max of £120 probably; depending on the buyer. Yours dyed and wrinkled £50, but I'd be surprised if anyone wanted it in that poor a condition. Keep it m8.

Got this one as well - had it for longer than I can remember. My papa gave it to me when I was tiny. It has a larger scarf with it as well, almost like a head scarf, but has no tassels but is about 2 - 3 times the width. Always wondered what that was. Same design.

Anyone remember the Rangers knickers from 60s early 70s, my maw bought me a pair and I used to flash them when playing fitba for the school team. Imagine superman knickers except where they had the caped crusader, these had a Gers crest. I'm sure she got them from DH Hoeys in Loyalist Partick.

Anyone remember the Rangers knickers from 60s early 70s, my maw bought me a pair and I used to flash them when playing fitba for the school team. Imagine superman knickers except where they had the caped crusader, these had a Gers crest. I'm sure she got them from DH Hoeys in Loyalist Partick.
Rangers boxing shorts were for sale at modern homes exhibition in late 80 s

Good old thread this, we done a limited run last summer knitting front & rear on a much thinner design of the classic diagonal stripes. As the original scarves were all woven cotton - not knitted, this was the closest we could knit to those old techniques on a weaving loom. Fine gauge Merino Wool 1 ply thickness yarn. Were a limited run, may do another batch down the road but with the square edges and not angled.

IMG-20210802-182929-595.jpg

Screenshot-20210802-172311-Instagram.jpg

what about the one with the pin stripe and the fringes
I got pin striped Centenary scarf along with tie for Christmas 1973 they were crackers,wish I still had them.Although most adults wore ties to the games then I had no use fir mine as a 10 year old.o_O

Back