Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

46 % non chill filtered and no added colouring would suggest a quality product. All I need is the cocaine and I’m sorted.
With the amount of partnerships we have lined up recently I wouldn't rule out a Rangers branded one.

Managed to get one, even though showing out of stock when I first visited website.
I think once they get added to your basket, that comes off the available 'stock' until the 15 minutes have elapsed which might explain them going back on if someone doesn't complete the purchase.

I think once they get added to your basket, that comes off the available 'stock' until the 15 minutes have elapsed which might explain them going back on if someone doesn't complete the purchase.
Let me go through checkout process and pay, so hopefully all good.

There's plenty of whisky 13 or 14 year old on the 45 to 60 quid price range so you'd expect a bit of a mark up as more people aim to make money from the product.

I dont really drink the stuff often but this will probably be decent if slightly pricey and will sell.

Sold out already. Could we not make this a condition of our merchandise partners? An obligation to be able to produce enough not to sell out in an afternoon?

Do me a favour mate and DM me the price list of where you buy your whisky from?

If you’re getting 13 year old malts for £25 I want a piece of that:))
That's silly pal
If you want to pay that go ahead.
Just saying it's too dear. Just because it has the clubs name on doesn't mean it's worth that amount
Worked in a distillery for 22years
Do you know how much it costs to produce spirit.
50p per litre. Hope you find that ok

Sold out already. Could we not make this a condition of our merchandise partners? An obligation to be able to produce enough not to sell out in an afternoon?
Goes against the limited edition selling point then - but perhaps a sale window day after emails come out to give a fair chance to others might be an idea.

It’s really not a rip off. Whisky is Glenrothes and they did a couple of 13YO releases for Halloween over the past few years priced at a similar level. You’re paying for the relatively small volume which makes it more collectible.
Understand that people collect
I certainly wouldn't pay £75.

It’s certainly proven that we were right to suggest things like this could be a potential money spinner for the club.

At the high end I’d like to see a collaboration with a good wine producer both for consumption and collection.

At the everyday end there should be nothing stopping us associating with a beer. I’m sure we’d prefer the weekend/match day carry out to potentially benefit the club.

That's silly pal
Just saying it's too dear. Just because it has the clubs name on doesn't mean it's worth that amount

In that case mate, send me your price list for the 50p spirt that tastes like nice Speyside malt.

I want a piece of that instead:))

It’s certainly proven that we were right to suggest things like this could be a potential money spinner for the club.

At the high end I’d like to see a collaboration with a good wine producer both for consumption and collection.

At the everyday end there should be nothing stopping us associating with a beer. I’m sure we’d prefer the weekend/match day carry out to potentially benefit the club.
Would love to see a nice Shiraz or Cab Sauv from Rangers.

Great idea but poor execution. The design, packaging quality and liquid selection for that price point is very poor.

That's only my opinion but have worked on whisky brand building for many years.

That's silly pal
You do realise the distillery you work in then has to buy an empty cask from Spain at 550 euros to put the whisky in, then sit and wait 13 years , then buy the glass and labels and corks and pay the bottling cost.
There are many other factors to the retail price than the initial production cost.

I like Whisky but not a that price. Hopefully the club get a good bit of cash from it.

You do realise the distillery you work in then has to buy an empty cask from Spain at 550 euros to put the whisky in, then sit and wait 13 years , then buy the glass and labels and corks and pay the bottling cost.
There are many other factors to the retail price than the initial production cost.
Not accurate at all .
They make their own casks and and store them in their own warehouses.It is then bottled in their own bottling halls.
I only said it costs 50p to produce a litre of spirit. Yes of course there are overheads.
But think you missed my point l wouldn't pay that for a bottle which associated with our club boosts the price up.

Not accurate at all .
They make their own casks and and store them in their own warehouses.It is then bottled in their own bottling halls.
I only said it costs 50p to produce a litre of spirit. Yes of course there are overheads.
But think you missed my point l wouldn't pay that for a bottle which associated with our club boosts the price up.

Which is your perogative. But many will want to buy it mainly for that reason

Honestly, is there anything our fans don’t complain about? The club is now doing so well commercially that we are able to work directly with a high-end whisky producer to make an exclusive, limited-edition product for fans to enjoy and yet some find cause for complain.

Just scroll past.

Yeah, really poor execution. That’s why it sold out within minutes of going on sale.
You really haven't got a clue sonny. Huv ye?
People in the know have made valid points but you just poo hoo them
Neither me or the poster who made a comment re bottle presentation and such like have discouraged anyone not to purchase said item. Stick to commenting on something you know a little about.

Honestly, is there anything our fans don’t complain about? The club is now doing so well commercially that we are able to work directly with a high-end whisky producer to make an exclusive, limited-edition product for fans to enjoy and yet some find cause for complain.

Just scroll past.
Time for your lip sonny boy.yez spouted pish aw night.....wish ahd just scrolled past. Lol

Is a good idea especially for collectibles.... wait till they start doing it by my gers tiers in the future
Gold - malt whiskey
Silver - gin
Bronze - buckfast

Back