Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

Exactly this. Funny you say that because I too am a big lover of the Clynelish 14. Nothing better than opening up a single cask and savouring it's unique flavour and profile but the Clynelish 14 for the price is an absolute normal drinker. If only we could afford a constant stream of si gle casks. Again you've hit the nail on the head with the reason why and how single cask expressions from good distilleries sell well. We live in a world of exclusivity and that goes hand in hand with whisky at the moment. The only gripe I would have with this release is it is not cask strength. That though is my preference with single casks and I can totally understand their need to lower the ABV.
Thanks mate and I agree with you I think a cask strength version would have been great or bottled at 55% even better !!

Exactly this. Funny you say that because I too am a big lover of the Clynelish 14. Nothing better than opening up a single cask and savouring it's unique flavour and profile but the Clynelish 14 for the price is an absolute normal drinker. If only we could afford a constant stream of si gle casks. Again you've hit the nail on the head with the reason why and how single cask expressions from good distilleries sell well. We live in a world of exclusivity and that goes hand in hand with whisky at the moment. The only gripe I would have with this release is it is not cask strength. That though is my preference with single casks and I can totally understand their need to lower the ABV.
For someone interested, why will they not have released it at cask strength? Is the duty higher and therefore on a run of limited bottles, the profit less?

I like Malt whisky but far too dear for me. Great idea though and I’m sure it’s will be a big seller despite the price as it has Rangers on the bottle.

That's capitalism. You could apply this logic of yours to any purchase. Say, for example, £65 on a Rangers top which is priced as such because of the badge. It certainly does not have a material value of £65. Maybe £3.

At the end of the day, £75 is a competitive price for this product. End of.
So that's that then

Both of mine coming tomorrow, got the emails.

No ideas about the others being released? I imagine the next two might have more interest given that these ones will be known about now.

Back