Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

Mine arrived late afternoon.

Now can I be self disciplined and put it away and not open it until, an occasion deserving of this lovely malt, title 55.

Anyone received their bottle today?

Considering a lot of people will have bought this to collect I feel it could have been presented a lot better.

Recently did some work for Mr Laing himself, big bluenose. Hes pretty delighted and surprised that all bottles from the first range sold out as quick as they did. First bottle set is blue label I think, then red then white.
Mr Laing, keeping it staunch.

Is a bit steep in price tbh I’d have bought that for my dad for Xmas but I could buy 3 bottles of his favourite malt for that and still have change left

I emailed then the other day and she said the next is due out end of month/staft of next. Wouldn't tell me what age or region though lol

The 2nd one is now available on the Douglas Laing website.

2nd Whisky is a single grain whisky. Can't say I've ever tasted a grain whisky that I liked :))

Port Dundas as well which is now closed.

Maybe better as an investent rather than drinking the stuff??

185 of the next one?

What does it say, mate?
No 185 of this one.

Email text below.

The first release in the Rangers single cask Scotch whisky series sold out in under 24 hours and as a MyGers Member, we wanted to give you first notice of the second release which is available now from Douglas Laing.

The second release is an exceptional single cask, single grain whisky that was distilled in February 1990 at the Port Dundas Distillery in Glasgow and bottled in November 2020.

With this 30 year old product, you can anticipate milk chocolate developing to vanilla, pineapple in syrup and cereal with candied ginger tasting notes.

Single cask Scotch whiskies are by their nature extremely limited and only 185 bottles of this whisky are available and therefore purchasing is limited to one bottle per person.

The second release in the Rangers single cask series is a white edition label which will soon be followed by a blue edition label to complete the red, white and blue series.

No 185 of this one.

Email text below.

The first release in the Rangers single cask Scotch whisky series sold out in under 24 hours and as a MyGers Member, we wanted to give you first notice of the second release which is available now from Douglas Laing.

The second release is an exceptional single cask, single grain whisky that was distilled in February 1990 at the Port Dundas Distillery in Glasgow and bottled in November 2020.

With this 30 year old product, you can anticipate milk chocolate developing to vanilla, pineapple in syrup and cereal with candied ginger tasting notes.

Single cask Scotch whiskies are by their nature extremely limited and only 185 bottles of this whisky are available and therefore purchasing is limited to one bottle per person.

The second release in the Rangers single cask series is a white edition label which will soon be followed by a blue edition label to complete the red, white and blue series.

Ah, sorry for confusion.
DL website says 240 of the white one.

Red edition - 360 bottles @ £75 each
White edition - 240 bottles (185 for sale) @ £130
Blue edition - ???

I’ll leave that one for the mathematicians.

Gutted i missed this, Mygers email didn’t pop up as a notification! Don’t even want my first one now :(

That's me got the Glenrothes and the Port Dundas, I bet the 3rd will be an Islay, probably Caol Ila or Bowmore, but I will be buying it so I have all 3.

I missed the first one but managed to get a white one, don't suppose anyone is selling a red edition?

Back