Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

As a fellow collector I'd love to know about your collection.

it’s humbler than it sounds :D I like to collect stuff I have a link to, silent distilleries and anything that’s a bit interesting.

Some Cambus and Carsebridge, various glenlivets, I do like the teapot dram and the story at the back of them. Went through a phase of collecting all the peat monsters I could, but my acid reflux lost the battle, still like the octomore bottles though, and bruichladdich WMD releases.

the most recent interesting one I got was a collaboration between Kilchoman and Ardnamurchan, the two owners (Bruce & Wills) always said they would never do anything like that, got pissed together one night and committed to this. The mingle of the owners and distillery names led to the play on Die Hard, Kilch ard by Bruce & Wills.

It was a bargain at £55 a bottle, and I managed to pick 2 up (despite it being limited to 1 per person) there’s already daft prices of over £200 a bottle being paid, although I don’t do it for the money, I’m not clever enough or rich enough for that :D

it’s humbler than it sounds :D I like to collect stuff I have a link to, silent distilleries and anything that’s a bit interesting.

Some Cambus and Carsebridge, various glenlivets, I do like the teapot dram and the story at the back of them. Went through a phase of collecting all the peat monsters I could, but my acid reflux lost the battle, still like the octomore bottles though, and bruichladdich WMD releases.

the most recent interesting one I got was a collaboration between Kilchoman and Ardnamurchan, the two owners (Bruce & Wills) always said they would never do anything like that, got pissed together one night and committed to this. The mingle of the owners and distillery names led to the play on Die Hard, Kilch ard by Bruce & Wills.

It was a bargain at £55 a bottle, and I managed to pick 2 up (despite it being limited to 1 per person) there’s already daft prices of over £200 a bottle being paid, although I don’t do it for the money, I’m not clever enough or rich enough for that :D
Met the distillery owner of kilchoman Antony Wills when I did a tour of the distillery. What a miserable git, hardly had the manners to speak to guests, put me off buying a bottle.

Ardbeg and Glen Moray did this years ago. It was called Serendipity

That the 3rd Whiskey on Douglas Laing's website now.

Link : Rangers Single Cask Series 12 Years Old Single Malt | Shop | Douglas Laing

RANGERS SINGLE CASK SERIES 12 YEARS OLD SINGLE MALT

Rangers Football Club and Douglas Laing & Co. proudly bring you the Rangers Single Cask Series; A sought-after range of rare, individually-selected Single Cask Scotch Whisky from all over Scotland.

This special Limited Edition Single Cask Single Malt distilled at the Caol Ila Distillery on the legendary Whisky region of Islay is aged for 12 years and bottled without colouring or chill–filtration at 46% alcohol strength.

Only 360 bottles from this Single Cask have been produced. Anticipate rock pools and charred oak alongside peat smoke, honeyed barley and citrus fruits – the sweet peat character of this Whisky makes it a perfect festive dram.

It was distilled February 2008 and bottled October 2020.

The response to the Single Cask series has been phenomenal and we would like to thank supporters for their continued interest in the Rangers whisky range.

Additional products are planned for early 2021 so stay tuned for more!

Caol Ila is my current favourite is I'm more than happy.

Less happy that I may not be able to open it...............................

Email will be out from MyGers in the next 15 mins.... :)

360, so plenty to see everyone ok I’d imagine.

I’ve been watching for the Mygers email, but managed to order one via the link. By the time the official email arrives they will all be gone again. Big thanks from a very happy bear.

Got one. That’s me got bottles 2 and 3.

If anyone fancies selling their bottle 1 for good money, give me a PM please:))

I’ve been watching for the Mygers email, but managed to order one via the link. By the time the official email arrives they will all be gone again. Big thanks from a very happy bear.
My official email came in at 10:37, I bought mine at 9:58. Lots of refreshing the page on Douglas Laing website. Relieved to get one after missing out on the 2nd bottle in the series, so got the Red and Blue labels.

Back