Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

My reading is that they have 55 casks, not bottles :

"This Limited Edition Scotch Whisky celebrates a particularly special season for Rangers Football Club. We have hand-selected 55 Single Casks of aged Highland Single Malt to represent a world record 55 league titles and expertly married them together. The resulting Whisky, proudly offered without colouring or chill-filtration, reveals rich honeycomb with creamy cereal sweetness alongside vanilla’d oak and butterscotch."

Are there not loads of these bottles available compared to the original three?

55 casks worth or have I read this wrong?
Yes, looks like a blended malt from 55 casks as opposed to the first 3 offerings which were single cask editions. Not sure, but this could mean there as many as 10-15k bottles available which will generate much more revenue for the club. I can't see this sort of quantity selling out too quickly.

Yes, looks like a blended malt from 55 casks as opposed to the first 3 offerings which were single cask editions. Not sure, but this could mean there as many as 10-15k bottles available which will generate much more revenue for the club. I can't see this sort of quantity selling out too quickly.

That was my reading of it.

Glad everyone is getting them OK now.

It's blended from 55 casks not there will be 55 casks worth. Mixing 55 casks and hoping it turns into a decent blend isn't how it works.
They will still be limited.

Fair enough.

Doesn't say how many this time, though, unlike the first three releases.

Thanks for the updates - all sorted and order confirmed.

This 55 is costing me a fortune!

And it's great haha

It's blended from 55 casks not there will be 55 casks worth. Mixing 55 casks and hoping it turns into a decent blend isn't how it works.
They will still be limited.
Never really thought of that, just presumed they would use 55 full casks.

I have all four in the collection now. I’m no longer a whisky drinker so will be keeping them in the collection along with all the Gins.

Back