Rangers SLO

Trueblue82

Official Ticketer
I emailed over 2 weeks ago with a query/complaint and I received a standard reply from the club within 24 hours.

The reply was that my query had been passed to relevant department but I’ve heard nothing back since then.

They did send a feedback email asking me to rate the support I got which was not returned with a high score :rolleyes:

Does it really take coming up for 3 weeks to reply to someone with an update? Any other business would not leave customers this long or expect to keep them as customers.

Club is severely lacking in this department

@Greg Marshall

I emailed over 2 weeks ago with a query/complaint and I received a standard reply from the club within 24 hours.

The reply was that my query had been passed to relevant department but I’ve heard nothing back since then.

They did send a feedback email asking me to rate the support I got which was not returned with a high score :rolleyes:

Does it really take coming up for 3 weeks to reply to someone with an update? Any other business would not leave customers this long or expect to keep them as customers.

Club is severely lacking in this department

@Greg Marshall
You were lucky to get a response at all, when I’ve emailed about stuff it’s just been ignored.

What was your query / complaint about?
The turnstiles at the GE corner on European nights.

Absolute disgrace mate having only 2 available for 3 sections, I offered a solution that those in GE1 could also enter through GF turnstiles and those in GE3 could enter in CF turnstiles.

Would make life a lot easier as the queue is usually bent round past club shop on a European night.

Then you have useless stewards allowing people to jump queue and creates anger from those who have been stood waiting.

The turnstiles at the GE corner on European nights.

Absolute disgrace mate having only 2 available for 3 sections, I offered a solution that those in GE1 could also enter through GF turnstiles and those in GE3 could enter in CF turnstiles.

Would make life a lot easier as the queue is usually bent round past club shop on a European night.

Then you have useless stewards allowing people to jump queue and creates anger from those who have been stood waiting.

Sorry the dept we have passed it on to haven’t responded.

The issue has been highlighted by the feedback we are getting from our matchday surveys and it’s on the list to raise at the next ops meeting I attend.

I’m not sure if our safety team would agree with your proposed solution but it’s something that can be looked at.

Stealing a wage 100%. Picks and chooses his magical responces.

A bit tired of this criticism. Anyone at Ibrox can see the work I put in and the majority of fans I speak to tend to get it.

There is a misunderstanding that what is said on twitter is what I do when that’s not the case. The club decides what goes via my account or what goes via the club account/website and they tend to choose the latter now as it has more reach.

Sorry the dept we have passed it on to haven’t responded.

The issue has been highlighted by the feedback we are getting from our matchday surveys and it’s on the list to raise at the next ops meeting I attend.

I’m not sure if our safety team would agree with your proposed solution but it’s something that can be looked at.
Thanks for reply.

I’ve personally been stood in queue after games have kicked off while turnstiles at GF are empty and I sit in GE1 and usually exit through GF so imo would make a massive difference and not cause any grief.

Hopefully gets looked at and a solution is made.

Going to run against the grain and say that Greg went above and beyond for me, my son and friend with respect to a complete ticket cluster f@?k before Tuesdays game! I have done the blind criticism in the past, but for me his endeavours were helpful and brought a solution to an issue that could easily have been punted back at us with a “what do you really want us to do” , oh and by the way the ticket office staff also really stepped up as well. I genuinely believe that none of these people turn up saying “let’s do a bad job today” systemic frustrations should be direct through people like Greg and the T/O team not at them ! Put Pressure on the decision makers and purse string holders and not the people that have to front up for them.

A bit tired of this criticism. Anyone at Ibrox can see the work I put in and the majority of fans I speak to tend to get it.

There is a misunderstanding that what is said on twitter is what I do when that’s not the case. The club decides what goes via my account or what goes via the club account/website and they tend to choose the latter now as it has more reach.

Unfortunately mate the SLO role will often be a thankless task.

Develop a think skin and crack on doing your best. Plenty of positive posts on here too about your work.

Club communication with its fans (customers) is not fit for purpose, it should be top priority along with a working hours drop in ticket office with a hotline, how hard can it really be?

thankless job and one I couldn’t do
This for me.

The club couldn’t care less about the SLO, they hired him as a tick box (and that’s absolutely no disrespect to Greg as I’ve always had good communication with him), they use him as a deflection tool and he’s in a job that he’s doing the best to his ability despite being under any number of restraints.

One SLO to 50k people attending the stadium every home game, do people actually think that’s realistic?

Give the guy a break and aim your frustrations at the actual decision makers who could make Greg’s job a lot easier really.

You were lucky to get a response at all, when I’ve emailed about stuff it’s just been ignored.
I had emailed the hospitality dept to up my original booking from a table of 6 to 8 for the Spurs game. They didn’t even have the decency to reply to me when I was trying to spend quite a lot of money.

I can only imagine complaints/issues are definitely ignored with more vigour.

(Not a criticism of the SLO)

We are miles behind from a customer service point of view. The club simply isn’t up to 2022 standard and hopefully in the next few years we keep building the infrastructure to a decent standard. Right now it’s quite poor.

SLO is a thankless task the way the club is at the moment.

This for me.

The club couldn’t care less about the SLO, they hired him as a tick box (and that’s absolutely no disrespect to Greg as I’ve always had good communication with him), they use him as a deflection tool and he’s in a job that he’s doing the best to his ability despite being under any number of restraints.

One SLO to 50k people attending the stadium every home game, do people actually think that’s realistic?

Give the guy a break and aim your frustrations at the actual decision makers who could make Greg’s job a lot easier really.
I had to speak to him in Brondby and he was helpful never really needed help as much as some seem to have needed in all honesty.

What’s the point in you having twitter then? Who at the club decides that?

Seems like a needless level of bureaucracy.

What’s the point in you having twitter then? Who at the club decides that?

Seems like a needless level of bureaucracy.
I'd say it was pretty necessary, imagine the headlines if Greg or any other Rangers employee decided to get a few things off their chest.

I’ve found both the SLO and ticket office staff very helpful when contacted directly for assistance.

They are not the issue. They do their best as far as I can see.

I had a rant yesterday about the awful experience as a season ticket holder / CCCS member in GR4 having to move seats for the PSV match, interact with the terrible online ticketing system that only works sporadically, pay web transaction fees that I shouldn’t as a CCCS subscriber and finally find out that my seat in GR4 was available after all - after I’d bought an alternative, “worse “ seat.

I emailed the SLO about this, not to have a go at Greg, none of this is his fault, but in the hope that the poor overall experience is escalated to the necessary departments so that they appreciate the frustration and do something about it. Including taking on UEFA and their ridiculous ticket demands that kick paying season ticket holders out of their seats and doing something to improve the online ticketing experience.

I can only say my experiences with Greg have been positive.

I've said before on a previous thread that the club really need to be more proactive with the fans and actually give the SLO a team of staff to work with.

He has an impossible job trying to keep everyone happy with the little resources he has.

Give the guy a break.

I like many have contacted the TO with a complaint. Mine was a double booking of my sons seat at the start of last season. Obviously I complained and tried to chase this up, but no response ever received.
Other events in my life and the complaint became insignificant.

The problem as I think most will understand, is a lack of resources, a lack of staff and a antiquated system for the size of support we have. Some do get a good response, I would imagine the staff deal with a specific problem, once resolved they move onto one of the newest emails that they know they can deal with, hence many emails / complaints will be ignored or overlooked. This is typical customer service attitude for an overrun department.

The solution is a new system, more staff and unfortunately more money being spent. So no solution soon.

Thankless job at times due to what is going on above him. That said If I was working for 5 years and comms were getting worse in that time and I was having to clean up the mess constantly I’d be walking

your inbox must be a shitshow @Greg Marshall. Any chance you can hire an assistant (or two)?
I don't think that's his decision. There's obviously a serious problem with supporters who pay a small fortune getting ignored when sending a query or looking for help, so some help for the SLO is something the club should be looking at. It's shocking business practice to ignore your customers.

I don't think that's his decision. There's obviously a serious problem with supporters who pay a small fortune getting ignored when sending a query or looking for help, so some help for the SLO is something the club should be looking at. It's shocking business practice to ignore your customers.
There should be at least 2 or 3 people on this role considering the size of our fan base.

When the SLO dm’s FF members who criticize his dads pub, that shows a clear conflict of interest.

Not sure what you are referencing but I do have a vested interest in the Louden, everyone knows that. But there is not one decision anyone can show me that I’ve made as Rangers SLO in my day to day work that disproportionately benefits The Louden.

A key skill in my role is the ability to have empathy and being able to see differing points of view (wear different hats as the old business literature refers to it).

Back