Rangers Social Media channels missing the boat

Has anyone taken the trouble to create a separate thread on his achievement? I know the square root as they say, so if someone can do him justice please do.

Edit: And indeed someone has :)

You're right, you are.

Think of the WWE title as an Oscar, it's about who bring in money at the box office.

WWE is HUGE and them putting the Title on Drew McIntyre means they have faith he will bring in the viewers. It is an accolade and reward for the mans hard work.

Okay Bud, I'll take your word for it.

Ignorant as I am, I'm not going to argue with an expert.

Please stop excusing incompetence, especially trying to be snarky about it. "The Club" has hundreds of employees assigned to various roles and not a lot is happening in the main business. "The Club" are not 'kinda busy with various things'.
I know nothing about WWE but those numbers should make even apologists ask questions.

Are you suggesting one of the sales directors or someone from the merchandise department should fire up Twitter and create a post while the social media team are out?

Aye, disgrace they've only posted it on twitter, Facebook and Instagram at lunchtime, the peak of social media activity :mad:

Just realized me and my brother seen this guy back in 2002 near Glasgow when he was called Drew Galloway I think it was. I'm 6 foot and he was a good 6 or 7 inches taller, he was pretty skinny too, not the monster in that pic!

Good to see him at the very top of sports entertainment. WATP big man.

Go on, explain how you came to this conclusion.
Fantasist.

I read your post as other areas of the club should be mucking in. If I'm wrong, forgive me.

Just a nothing complaint. The club will use third party software to optimize their IG and Twitter posts at peak traffic times. It's an algorithm that decides when the post goes live. It would have already been created by the time the OP made this thread.

Have a search at my previous posts and I'll wait for you to give me examples of ANY negativity from me.

This is a JUSTIFIED criticism so accept it for what it is.
Firstly WWE is for children, and the club as far as I've seen have mentioned him.

Regardless of whether you have any interest in WWE or not isn't really relevant. This isn't the lounge and I'm not creating this thread to debate the fact that its fake, grown men who watch it are for the watching, etc.

For those of you who don't yet know/care, Drew McIntyre became the first ever British WWE Champion and did it by "beating" Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania - in Pro Wrestling terms, it can't get much bigger than that.

Now, Drew has firmly nailed is colours to the mast on several occasions. He is a massive Rangers man - he's shared a lot of content to his followers and the wider "WWE Universe" wearing the kit and slagging the likes of Scott Brown and Sutton. This is excellent publicity that, as usual, is simply not utilised by our club.

Go on to our various platforms this morning - facebook, Instagram and Twitter - you'll see a mention of the 2002 cup final yesterday, a happy birthday for Richard Gough... and not a jot about a Rangers man becoming the first ever British WWE Champion :rolleyes:

Inevitably I'll get the "who cares" responses but, we absolutely should care. Our club should always be on top of these things, especially if we want to compete with other elite clubs around Europe. Compare our SM following against that lot from the East and we are beaten every time. If Galloway was a dhim - you know they'd absolutely be all over this and utilising him to tap further in to the American market - especially now during quarantine with social media traffic increasing.

Put this in to context:

Facebook
WWE followers: 43m
Rangers followers: 688k

Instagram
WWE Followers: 20m
Rangers followers: 384k

Twitter
WWE Followers: 11m
Rangers followers: 540k

The forum wouldn't let me post the image I wanted so here it is below. That's a Rangers man holding their title which is accessible to 40 million people this morning. Its ridiculous that the club is not even putting out a "congratulations" this morning with a picture of him in our colours and tagging him. Why are we so slow with these things?

Do we have the quality required to run our club?

Social media marketing is so much more than just posting content all the time.

The social media team will most likely have a social media strategy already in place that they'd need to alter to fit reactive news like this in. A lot of social media posts are actually scheduled to be posted at specific times and isn't the case of someone writing it up and hitting the post button when they're done.

Seems like the social media team are on top of this after all?

Maybe the posts have been delayed due to time differences?

Anyway, I don’t know the first thing about wrestling but anyone who’s at the top of their game with millions of followers and is proud to tell everyone that they are a bear is OK by me. :)

Last edited:
I'd imagine the club are kinda busy with various things at the moment.
They have in the past congratulated anyone who has won something and has Rangers connections and they probably will get to it.

I doubt the Social Media guys are busy with the logistics of dealing with our current situation.

If it was posted at 1.30pm that would have been 8.30am on the East Coast of the USA so good time for a lot of Yanks waking up, instead of posting it too early and getting lost on news feeds before it hits the States

Atleast we know whoever deals with the clubs social media stuff have a log in on FF.

FF moans about something then boom - we have a social media update or a statement posted on the website.

Wonder who it is? :))

Wait a minute, "it's fake? "

Seriously, congrats to him and yeah we should definitely be mentioning it on social media

Regardless of whether you have any interest in WWE or not isn't really relevant. This isn't the lounge and I'm not creating this thread to debate the fact that its fake, grown men who watch it are for the watching, etc.

For those of you who don't yet know/care, Drew McIntyre became the first ever British WWE Champion and did it by "beating" Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania - in Pro Wrestling terms, it can't get much bigger than that.

Now, Drew has firmly nailed is colours to the mast on several occasions. He is a massive Rangers man - he's shared a lot of content to his followers and the wider "WWE Universe" wearing the kit and slagging the likes of Scott Brown and Sutton. This is excellent publicity that, as usual, is simply not utilised by our club.

Go on to our various platforms this morning - facebook, Instagram and Twitter - you'll see a mention of the 2002 cup final yesterday, a happy birthday for Richard Gough... and not a jot about a Rangers man becoming the first ever British WWE Champion :rolleyes:

Inevitably I'll get the "who cares" responses but, we absolutely should care. Our club should always be on top of these things, especially if we want to compete with other elite clubs around Europe. Compare our SM following against that lot from the East and we are beaten every time. If Galloway was a dhim - you know they'd absolutely be all over this and utilising him to tap further in to the American market - especially now during quarantine with social media traffic increasing.

Put this in to context:

Facebook
WWE followers: 43m
Rangers followers: 688k

Instagram
WWE Followers: 20m
Rangers followers: 384k

Twitter
WWE Followers: 11m
Rangers followers: 540k

The forum wouldn't let me post the image I wanted so here it is below. That's a Rangers man holding their title which is accessible to 40 million people this morning. Its ridiculous that the club is not even putting out a "congratulations" this morning with a picture of him in our colours and tagging him. Why are we so slow with these things?

says he wants to smash sutton lol

I read your post as other areas of the club should be mucking in. If I'm wrong, forgive me.

Just a nothing complaint. The club will use third party software to optimize their IG and Twitter posts at peak traffic times. It's an algorithm that decides when the post goes live. It would have already been created by the time the OP made this thread.
Okey dokey. My post was meant to highlight that there were people specifically employed to do the social media things and they wouldn't be pretty busy at all if they weren't doing their job.
Anyway, I see we now have an interview with the wrestler. We should do much more.

I may be showing my ignorance here, but "first ever British winner".
Whilst factually accurate aren't these things pre determined and therefore not truly an accolade is it?

I’ve not watched wrestling since I was a teenager during the whole WWF Attitude Era but my opinion is - although the actual outcome of the decision is pre-determined the Wrestler actually has to work extremely hard and get himself into the position where he is a character being considered for these positions and titles.

The fact that he won the Royal Rumble and has now taken the Championship mean he is obviously going to become a very prominent part of the storylines and the WWE obviously have big plans for him and his character.

There’s not a single part of our club that couldn’t be significantly improved.

Pains me to say it, but we’re bang average from top to bottom imo. And it’s rubbing off on some fans who continue to make excuses for accepting mediocrity.
Watching a game on Rangers TV gives me the fear sometimes, the commentary is proper 3rd world. Its like they grabbed a guy out the pub, gave him a microphone and said "get on with it". I know the guy is a good blue nose but ffs can we not "up our game" and get a semi professional commentator ?
Thats just one aspect of how we project our image that seriously needs to improve IMO

Back