Rangers songs are too good.

Northampton Lodger

I love honking my horn
After a few years of behaving myself I had a couple too many down in London the other week for the Ayr game. As soon as one person starts one of the "traditional" songs it is impossible not to join in. The other night I seen a video I had never seen before of a Canadian rock singer blasting out a few of the favourites and you could tell he was loving it.

Don't think there is a team in the world with a songbook as good as our's.

After a few years of behaving myself I had a couple too many down in London the other week for the Ayr game. As soon as one person starts one of the "traditional" songs it is impossible not to join in. The other night I seen a video I had never seen before of a Canadian rock singer blasting out a few of the favourites and you could tell he was loving it.

The traditional ones are fab.

Some newer ones decent and some utterly grim.

I've always been a bluenose fan
Just like my old man
I've never missed a game in years
Always there to see The Gers

Last edited:
There's a Tim at my work and he told me last year that our songs are great, as in catchy and rousing.
I had to agree! :)

The BB is a topper!

In reply to the OP it is impossible not to join in. I was at an Exeter City v Stockport County game years ago and the Stockport lads were singing their anthem "The Scarf My Father Wore" and I found myself joining in. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and suggested I was at the wrong end.

Couldn't agree more mate. For me, the traditional songs are:

The Billy Boys
The Sash
Derry's Walls
Follow Follow

WATP

In reply to the OP it is impossible not to join in. I was at an Exeter City v Stockport County game years ago and the Stockport lads were singing their anthem "The Scarf My Father Wore" and I found myself joining in. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and suggested I was at the wrong end.
and were you?

There’s just something about the lines,

‘For There's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers
No Not One, And There Never Shall Be One’

It gets me every time it’s sung:cool:

Couldn't agree more mate. For me, the traditional songs are:

The Billy Boys
The Sash
Derry's Walls
Follow Follow

WATP

Think that was my play list in London. You would need to have some willpower to have a few beers in the pub and those songs start and not go for it. Used to sing them on the bus going to primary school and 50 years later they are still as good.

My problem is when it starts I get caught up in the atmosphere the loyalism belting out, pished my emotions tend get the better of me I’m immensely passionate about it and that leads to bother.

Maybe that says more about me as a person but that’s just the way my socks are knitted.

Would i Change it ? Would I hell.

Back