Rangers Squad Numbers - Season 20/21?

Barisic should revert to number 3 this season

his squad number for Croatia is 3
He played number 3 for Osijek

he probably chose 31 when he signed because 3 wasn’t available

He could have switched to 3 this time last season and never

I would think that if Patterson and Kennedy are more involved in the first team next season, they'll probably get a top 30 squad number, rather than 63 and 70 currently.

As others have said, Barasic could have used the 3 shirt last season but chose to continue with 31. I don't think he change his number now.

Can't see Davis's number getting changed to accommodate a new signing.

Nor should it.

Cant see Davis being too precious about the number 10 shirt. He wears 8 for Northern Ireland and HAGI 10 is a good marketing opportunity for the club. Makes sense for them to swap.

Cant see Davis being too precious about the number 10 shirt. He wears 8 for Northern Ireland and HAGI 10 is a good marketing opportunity for the club. Makes sense for them to swap.

You really think folk won't buy a top with Hagi on the back if it's not number 10?

Don't think it'll make the slightest difference mate.

You really think folk won't buy a top with Hagi on the back if it's not number 10?

Don't think it'll make the slightest difference mate.

Won't make a difference to Rangers fans but a good opportunity to attract fans from elsewhere. Could see it being popular amongst Romanians. Also a good PR exercise that might generate some international interest in our club.

Re numbers they don't bother me so much, wish Morelos had 9 but obviously likes 20. As long as nothing like 87 or 8+1 is being dished out i'm not really fussed. I understand the 1-11 idea and i used to agree but now i couldn't be bothered.

Won't make a difference to Rangers fans but a good opportunity to attract fans from elsewhere. Could see it being popular amongst Romanians. Also a good PR exercise that might generate some international interest in our club.

What does the last bit mean?

Gheorghe Hagi's boy plays for Rangers now.

Does he? Number 10 shirt?

No, number 7.

Ach, not interested then.

You’d have to presume he’s been given another number but yes I can’t see him staying around for much longer myself.
I imagine the numbers will be released soon to correlate with the strip launch, for example my brother is desperate for Hagi, but obviously cant pre-order it till i know his number.

What does the last bit mean?

Gheorghe Hagi's boy plays for Rangers now.

Does he? Number 10 shirt?

No, number 7.

Ach, not interested then.
I did laugh at this, there is something nostalgic and attractive about a "Hagi 10" jersey. However, in my personal opinion he strikes me as a guy who'd rather not be associated with his dad.

Last edited:

It may sell a few strips in Romania mate, but outside that country I don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference.

His dad was a real legend 30 odd years ago, but at the moment, his son has no real reputation in football, outside of Romania and Glasgow.

It may sell a few strips in Romania mate, but outside that country I don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference.

His dad was a real legend 30 odd years ago, but at the moment, his son has no real reputation in football, outside of Romania and Glasgow.

You'd be surprised, the u21 European Championship put him on lots of radars.

I did laugh at this, there is something nostalgic and attractive about a "Hagi 10" jersey. However in my personal opinion though he strikes me as a guy who'd rather not be associated with his dad.

Yeah I don't think him wearing a different number would stop any stories but it just adds an extra bit of interest if he wears the same number as his Dad did.

His Twitter handle in IanisHagi10 and he wears 10 for Romania so I don't think he's trying to distance himself from comparisons with his Dad. It seems he has a determination to prove himself to reach similar levels and make his Dad proud.

Yeah I don't think him wearing a different number would stop any stories but it just adds an extra bit of interest if he wears the same number as his Dad did.

His Twitter handle in IanisHagi10 and he wears 10 for Romania so I don't think he's trying to distance himself from comparisons with his Dad. It seems he has a determination to prove himself to reach similar levels and make his Dad proud.
Fairpoint mate, i would prefer him to have 10 in general as i really dislike the number 7. Not fussed though as long as he does the business as expected.

You'd be surprised, the u21 European Championship put him on lots of radars.

I'm certainly not doubting his potential and ability mate.

That's a separate point.

It doesn't make his marketing potential any different in a Rangers no 10 , or no 7 top.

That's a Dutch thing that left back wears number 5.

In the UK it's traditionally number 3.
A quick look at Ajax this year has their CH as number 5...another CH as 3. My understanding of this was Amoruso was already 3 and captain when numan came to Ibrox so nothing to do with him being Dutch.

A quick look at Ajax this year has their CH as number 5...another CH as 3. My understanding of this was Amoruso was already 3 and captain when numan came to Ibrox so nothing to do with him being Dutch.
Numan was offered captaincy before Amo, after Numan rejected Dick gave it Amo.

He wore number 5 for Holland too.

Back