Rangers Squad Numbers - Season 20/21?

Probaably looking too much into it but maybe a decent indication as to who is in the managers plans and who isn't.

Docherty moved from 23 to 27 and McCrorie now 28.

Murphy given 15 and Patterson given 16.
That’s very positive for Patterson. I still thought Holt was 23 (until now obviously as he’s left). Assume that was changed prior to his loans at Fleetwood and St Johnston.
Looks to me Patterson will be involved in some capacity.

Probaably looking too much into it but maybe a decent indication as to who is in the managers plans and who isn't.

Docherty moved from 23 to 27 and McCrorie now 28.

Murphy given 15 and Patterson given 16.
Murphy I can understand. Patterson will maybe be seen as first choice back up for Tav so makes sense he’s lower. Docherty moving 4 is a strange one and I can’t even remember what McCrorie was when he went on loan!

Murphy I can understand. Patterson will maybe be seen as first choice back up for Tav so makes sense he’s lower. Docherty moving 4 is a strange one and I can’t even remember what McCrorie was when he went on loan!
He was 17 in Gerrard's first season and that was given to Aribo after he went on loan.

Just been though all the profiles. No pictures for Polster, McCrorie(Ross) and Barker.

McCrorie is clearly at Pompey, but does that mean the other two are for the off?
Barker was seen in the early pre season stuff but hasn't been spotted since.

Just been though all the profiles. No pictures for Polster, McCrorie(Ross) and Barker.

McCrorie is clearly at Pompey, but does that mean the other two are for the off?

That is odd. To have everyone apart from someone who has been playing elsewhere, which is understandable, but to not have a player who has been reported as definitely leaving as well as Barker may indicate they are both leaving imminently.

Kennedy’s squad number is down 40 so probably means we’re hoping to start involving him more
The fact he is even on the list suggests to me he has been fully promoted to first team.

Also the players with no photos would suggest they are leaving (except McCrorie ofc), so perhaps Barker has been told to go?

Not until after he’d made his debut playing with 31 IIRC.

played 3 for Osijek and croatia so I assumed he’d take it. However it is just a number.
There was no permanent player with number 3 after John left in 18/19 meaning it was free after Worrall returned fo Forrest last summer. If he wanted it in 19/20. Borna didn’t take it, not to worry.

Last edited:
Not until after he’d made his debut playing with 31 IIRC.

played 3 for Osijek and croatia so I assumed he’d take it. However it is just a number.
Worrell took number 3 domestically in 18/19 and Barisic signed before him that summer.

If he wanted to change, number 3 was free last summer.

Number 3 was free last summer and he opted to stay 31.

It means nothing that he's decided not to change.
Did he? Or was it chosen for him?

I don't think numbers necessarily mean anything and players have preferences but I don't think it's as black and white as that.

no mebude in that list. would like to see him have a good season and get a bit of game time in the first team. i also noticed there were a few fringe players photos missing. jordan jones is in there still so maybe hes been given a second chance (if there is anything to look into, that is)

no mebude in that list. would like to see him have a good season and get a bit of game time in the first team. i also noticed there were a few fringe players photos missing. jordan jones is in there still so maybe hes been given a second chance (if there is anything to look into, that is)
Supposedly a loan target for ICT

Here's the current squad numbers with the players out of contract removed:

Do you think Hagi and Davis will swap numbers for the new season if Haig signs permanently?

I believe 12 was retired by the spivs for the fans. Should that be rescinded?
Without a doubt.
What patronising crap that turned out to be.

Back