Rangers star Alfredo Morelos could miss Celtic derby clash (The Herald)

MrStruth

(Derby clash)
The Herald attempting to endear itself to Timmy once again.
Not good news at all if it happens as he is in great condition right now and is playing really well under Gio.

Last edited:
Not sure how true it is or not but international football needs to be played to be played at same time. Absolute farce that clubs need to release players. We pay their wages.
Go into this clash without our best midfielder and striker and some will still say moving winter break was right thing to do.

And reports in Colombia have suggested that Rueda has indicated he will make a decision at whether to recall Morelos, after being impressed with his recent performances for Rangers, or call up another Atalanta striker, Luis Muriel.

It says this in the article. I think it'll be more likely they call up Luis Muriel from Atalanta than Morelos. Seems like Rueda went right off Morelos at the Copa America.

Saying that Morelos is in serious contention sells newspapers and generates clicks here - the simpletons will be all over it for example.

the same click bait author wrote this

Celtic's triple signings, Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi and Reo Hatate, will be joined by countryman Kyogo Furuhashi in the Japan squad for their clashes against China and Saudi Arabia on January 27 and February 1 - which would rule them out of the derby showdown a day later.

Why are these c*nts playing games during the normal football season. Get international football so far to f*ck
FIFA sanctioned it the break

It is catchup games that were meant be played during the normal International breaks but postponed/delayed due to Covid 19

A number of bigger European League aren't playing due to it

No games under UEFA as they added 2 set of fixture to existing International breaks

I'll file this under 'pish'.

As if the Herald know what the Colombia boss is thinking. They're taking a punt to try and sell papers.
Maybe Alfredo doesn't want to be a benchwarmer any more and doesn't want to go. I'm sure he's well aware how important he is to the team , what's at stake , and who pays his wages.

Absolute farce. It's an incredibly important game for both sides. In an ideal world, postpone the game and let us battle with our strongest teams. We will annihilate them.

This was actually mentioned for the first time by Clive on RTV on Boxing Day.

Quite incredible no-one knew it could be a possibility and even Neil McCann quite rightly responded along the lines of some fans chocking on their dinner hearing that news.

Article is more than likely a pile of shit.

Some of the posts on here are not far of it as well.

Looking forward to seeing Alfie ragdoll their defence, but if he isn't in, still believe we have more than enough to leather them.

This was actually mentioned for the first time by Clive on RTV on Boxing Day.

Quite incredible no-one knew it could be a possibility and even Neil McCann quite rightly responded along the lines of some fans chocking on their dinner hearing that news.
It's been discussed on here for ages tbf

I mean, it could happen but there's no indication that he is getting a call up.
Note the lack of quotes or sources.

I was worried this could happen. Arfield and roofe also

While the media continually go on abot 3 Japanese tajers who don’t get picked for Japan

It's almost like they've been baiting us to have our say on them wanting the game called off only to change our tune if it happened to us

Club football should take precedence over international football, the clubs pay the player's wages so they should get priority to use them when they want. Clubs shouldn't have to release players if they are due to play club games when an international game is on.

Things are the wrong way around the way there are now with international football taking priority.

If national teams want to use players they should fit it in around club football and not vice versa.

Not sure how true it is or not but international football needs to be played to be played at same time. Absolute farce that clubs need to release players. We pay their wages.
Go into this clash without our best midfielder and striker and some will still say moving winter break was right thing to do.
Why are these c*nts playing games during the normal football season. Get international football so far to f*ck
Is the problem here not the SPFL? Other European leagues, including the EPL, appear to be taking the international break.

I reckon we will have Alfie, Roofe and Arfield away and they will have only 2 missing.
I always said Postanoclue was setting the narrative for this game. We could have at least 4 missing and they will be lucky to have 1 or 2. Kyogo is injured and a sub for Japan anyway so he might not get called up and the other 3 they signed I don't think they've been called up for a while.

FIFA sanctioned it the break

It is catchup games that were meant be played during the normal International breaks but postponed/delayed due to Covid 19

A number of bigger European League aren't playing due to it

No games under UEFA as they added 2 set of fixture to existing International breaks
A number of European Leagues aren’t playing due to it.

We decided to cram as many games as possible into it.

Back