Rangers star Alfredo Morelos could miss Celtic derby clash (The Herald)

A number of European Leagues aren’t playing due to it.

We decided to cram as many games as possible into it.
These leagues made their own decision not to play as there no games under UEFA there is no requirement to have blank weekend

When have you players outwith UEFA then it became a problem

Only 2 clubs in Scotland are affected

It says this in the article. I think it'll be more likely they call up Luis Muriel from Atalanta than Morelos. Seems like Rueda went right off Morelos at the Copa America.

Saying that Morelos is in serious contention sells newspapers and generates clicks here - the simpletons will be all over it for example.
no idea how, Morelos hardly played at the tournament while Zapata who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo started every game because he plays in a better league

would rather Alfie just told them to piss off and not waste his time

Boils my piss they could call him up for him to just sit on the bench and it could potentially affect our season, infuriating.

Even if its true, we've more than enough squad depth to cope.

Without morelos or Aribo, I'd still be confident in us putting out a side good enough to beat them, with or without Furuhashi.

McGregor, Barasic, Goldson, Bassey, Tavernier, Davis, Kamara, Kent, Hagi, Sakala.

That side could absolutely beat any side celtic offer up.

These leagues made their own decision not to play as there no games under UEFA there is no requirement to have blank weekend

Yes I understand what’s happening.

Even if its true, we've more than enough squad depth to cope.

Without morelos or Aribo, I'd still be confident in us putting out a side good enough to beat them, with or without Furuhashi.

McGregor, Barasic, Goldson, Bassey, Tavernier, Davis, Kamara, Kent, Hagi, Sakala.

That side could absolutely beat any side celtic offer up.
Even playing with 10 men?

Of course it's speculative until their squad is announced, but if one of their starting strikers has picked up an injury it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

If we're missing Alfie, Aribo, Arfield, Sands (?) and Roofe we should be requesting a postponement.
If we don’t get a postponement we should just go nuclear and tell the world how corrupt Scottish football is. No more fannying around. Look at what happened in 2008 and where that got us.

The better Alfie plays, the likelier the chance of being called up as part of the squad.

There’s another set of qualifiers in March with a game only a few days before the yahoos come to Ibrox.

Christ I can’t wait for squads to be confirmed and some kind of decision made on this bloody game.

Tedious in the extreme.

the same click bait author wrote this

Celtic's triple signings, Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi and Reo Hatate, will be joined by countryman Kyogo Furuhashi in the Japan squad for their clashes against China and Saudi Arabia on January 27 and February 1 - which would rule them out of the derby showdown a day later.
The desperation to proclaim those 3 new signings as Japanese internationals is bizarre.

The last time one of them was picked for a proper international was 3 years ago now.

Half of me wants to send the kids out just to go for legs at this point and they can all soak up hefty bans.

Disaster ? :rolleyes:
With Roofe out, missing Morelos, our most lethal and recognised striker, for a potential season defining match, would constitute as such for me. Dance around your definition of the word all you like, but it would be a disaster.

I don't get your point.

On the bright side, if this happens the scum might actually consent to playing a game of football.
Gio will get us out of there with a draw at worst, no worries.

Due to the circumstances involving the Celtic game then it should be postponed until the internationals that would of been able to play get back.

They will drop at least 2 points against Hibs and Hearts so if we can take full points at Pittodrie and I would also expect against Livi and Ross County and go in 8 clear then a draw will suffice. Still think we are in their heads and all the pressure is on them so the headline on the 3rd is 'Weakened Rangers pump also rans'.

Alloa have a player at AFCON so definitely more than 2 clubs affected. Coincidentally they play Celtic in the cup

Alloa have a player at AFCON so definitely more than 2 clubs affected. Coincidentally they play Celtic in the cup
AFCON would have happened regardless and it would us that would have been affected by that

There is as stated an additional International break fitted in January

His record in games against them is not great if he's out we have a big squad to choose from and the way they attack a quicker player would cause them more damage.
I think when we play them set pieces will be their downfall or pushing too high up the park.

With Roofe out, missing Morelos, our most lethal and recognised striker, for a potential season defining match, would constitute as such for me. Dance around your definition of the word all you like, but it would be a disaster.

I don't get your point.
Very seldom a positive factor in old firm games Mate.
And that’s it for me.;)

Back