Rangers Statement - no candidate for the manager's job has yet been interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, haha, funny. hoho.

You seem to be laughing out loud a lot today.
For a 50 year old man I'd find that concerning.
Is it a nervous thing? A mental disorder or have you just got a boner for Docherty?
I ask, because if it's one of the first 2 I'll take it into consideration before replying.
Well if you want to talk about maturity,just look at what you have just written.

Neil Lennon captained NI so I’m not sure what your point is mate. O’Neill has done a very good job with them but he’s from the same stock as Brendan Rodgers and his managerial experience at club level is nowhere near good enough to qualify for the Rangers job.

We could employ him as a coach to work under Lennon as manager, approach Docherty to see if he'd come from Aberdeen as his number 2.
Sign McGinn and make him captain, bring back O'halloran.
I'm sure we could find another 9 players to help take us to the next level, is Xander Diamond still playing, he could be the next Davie Weir.

Would make a lot of people on this thread very happy.

you on the bevvy? Time for your bed.
Can you prove I'm on the bevvy?
Either way, people are entitled to their opinion.
I just don't see the need for the condescending lol, haha pish.
Only a prick would come onto a forum and try to make out someone they don't know is a liar.
So assuming that wasn't your intention as I'm sure you're not a prick I have to wonder what other reason there is for it..
Don't like what I say? Fine. Ignore or better still, block me.

Only a prick would come onto a forum and try to make out someone they don't know is a liar.
So assuming that wasn't your intention as I'm sure you're not a prick I have to wonder what other reason there is for it..
I didn't say you were a liar,you hostile prat.You were just asked to back up your statement?

BTW it's not my style to ignore or block or report you.

I didn't say you were a liar,you hostile prat.You were just asked to back up your statement?

You started the condescending. Then the insinuations of lying. The hostility. And now the insults.
And I'm the prat?
No problem.
You've usually lost the argument when you need to resort to insults. ;)
Maybe it's you who should call it a night! ;)

I've an ex-workmate who now studies in Aberdeen and knows his family. It's safe to say the Docherty's are as rabid as they come.

Last edited:
I've an ex-workmate who now studies in Aberdeen and knows his family. It's safe to say the Doherty's are as rabid as they come.

Watch out mate, can't criticise the Docs on her.
You'll have bears snearing at you, insulting you, calling you a liar and then blaming you for it.
Tonys cheerleaders are out in force today!

We could employ him as a coach to work under Lennon as manager, approach Docherty to see if he'd come from Aberdeen as his number 2.
Sign McGinn and make him captain, bring back O'halloran.
I'm sure we could find another 9 players to help take us to the next level, is Xander Diamond still playing, he could be the next Davie Weir.

Would make a lot of people on this thread very happy.
James McLean - player manager ;)

The board better get somebody appointed this week before they're complicit in an FF Riot taking place :D
Sky Breaking News: There are reports coming in to us of disturbances on the Follow Follow forum. Some are reporting it as a near riot. We will bring you an update as soon as we can but it appears all control has been lost and it has become an insane free for all.

Of course he will
Im not so sure...
If he did, so would the 1St team coach I mentioned and therefore the McClaren name would have carried weight. I'm inclined to believe the person close to the 1St team coach used the name based on rumour and or paper talk. So if we then assume the 1St team coach ain't fully aware, then I'd need to assume Brown wouldn't be either??

I've an ex-workmate who now studies in Aberdeen and knows his family. It's safe to say the Docherty's are as rabid as they come.
Older bears will probably be well aware of the bold Anthony Docherty who used to kick around East Kilbride in bygone years singing his Provo tunes.

Older bears will probably be well aware of the bold Anthony Docherty who used to kick around East Kilbride in bygone years singing his Provo tunes.
Can you prove that wild allegation against Tony "The bear" Docherty? :D
You must have ran home, even 20 years ago, grabbed a tape and your ghetto blaster with dual record function, ran back stealth mode, hid behind a bush and recorded him, in fact quite clearly if your trying to claim you never you are a liar, hehe, lool.

Can you prove that wild allegation against Tony "The bear" Docherty? :D
You must have ran home, even 20 years ago, grabbed a tape and your ghetto blaster with dual record function, ran back stealth mode, hid behind a bush and recorded him, in fact quite clearly if your trying to claim you never you are a liar, hehe, lool.
:D:D

Went home to get it but the batteries in ma ghetto blaster were f.ucked !:D

I'm sure older members of the Westwood RSC, EK, for example, will have some idea though ;)

:D:D

Went home to get it but the batteries in ma ghetto blaster were f.ucked !:D

I'm sure older members of the Westwood RSC, EK, for example, will have some idea though ;)
I take it back, your story checks out.
8 D batteries, taking up the space of a house brick, and lasting all of 10 minutes.
I apologise sir. For my abhorrent and wild allegation and mockery.

Going to be another long week, just can't see anything happening this week.
The statement informed us applications will close next week. So no appointment will happen. However, week after next a shortlist will be drawn up and interviews arranged. We might finally hear who the serious contenders are.
Posters are speculating the new manager will be in place for the AGM. I hope so but it might be a little too soon.

The statement informed us applications will close next week. So no appointment will happen. However, week after next a shortlist will be drawn up and interviews arranged. We might finally hear who the serious contenders are.
Posters are speculating the new manager will be in place for the AGM. I hope so but it might be a little too soon.
The new manager will be paraded at the AGM, difficult questions averted! :D
Disclaimer: I say the above as someone who has a lot of time for the board given what they saved us from!
Disclaimer2: This is not fact, I don't have proof, just a feeling in my big bawz. (Should really get some eye drops for the red eye)

The new manager will be paraded at the AGM, difficult questions averted! :D
Disclaimer: I say the above as someone who has a lot of time for the board given what they saved us from!
Disclaimer2: This is not fact, I don't have proof, just a feeling in my big bawz. (Should really get some eye drops for the red eye)
Isn't the AGM slap bang in between the 2 Sheep games, If it is McInnes, I'd be surprised if that was the timing.
I'm thinking we could easily be into December and Murty will handle the next few games.

Isn't the AGM slap bang in between the 2 Sheep games, If it is McInnes, I'd be surprised if that was the timing.
I'm thinking we could easily be into December and Murty will handle the next few games.
If I was King it's what I'd aim for then, Scotland would go into meltdown. And I mean Scotland. Holyrood, tims, sheep, everyone would be wanting a UEFA, FIFA and SFA intervention, especially if we beat the sheep twice! :D

In my place of work the accepted minimum time to fill a vacancy is 6 weeks. I know football had generally operated differently to the majority of other industries but it would appear that we are treading a path of requesting applications, closing them on a certain date, formulating a short list from those candidates, interviewing the candidates (single or several) then making an appointment.

The biggest issue I see with this is that managers currently employed elsewhere either can't or wont apply. If that is the case are we potentially missing out on the best possible manager for Rangers? If we are only going to interview/consider those that have applied does that mean the McInnes is ruled out? We would have to approach Aberdeen to speak with him. We all know that hasn't happened so I would assume that we know he wont apply, wont be interviewed and cant be appointed via this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back