Official Rangers Statement on Bus Incident

Can you give examples that show I am “one of the least against today’s decision by the club”?

You’ve already said that I said I have “friends” who are banned and still attend. I have asked you for examples of this too so I can amend the post and you have failed to provide any.

Plenty of folk have suggested ways they may still attend. It doesn’t take a genius to work out some may pick up single match tickets.
While the vast majority of posters were in full agreement with the club's decision, your first post was:

"This is why you should always put your ST in your bro’s name.
It’ll be expensive for them now getting to Ibrox and paying week by week"

Hardly condemnation of the racist abuse, or agreement that that they should be banned - against the club's decision.

Not sure why you'd want to go back and amend your numerous posts about the guys you know with court enforced bans attending every home, away and Euro fixture, but I'm afraid you'll have to go back and find them yourself.

Some whopping takes on this thread, jeezo.
Embarrassing isn't it.

So many different takes on one incident by a drunken fan who sang the wrong song on a bus and was filmed doing it.

The guy has been punished, Rangers took swift action and set an example for other clubs to follow.

Let's see if they follow our lead or bury their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't happen at their grounds.

The guys life has been ruined and I personally would be concerned for his state of mind right now.

While the vast majority of posters were in full agreement with the club's decision, your first post was:

Hardly condemnation of the racist abuse, or agreement that that they should be banned - against the club's decision.

Not sure why you'd want to go back and amend your numerous posts about the guys you know with court enforced bans attending every home, away and Euro fixture, but I'm afraid you'll have to go back and find them yourself.

Yet nothing about the naked sectarian abuse I receive on a daily basis in a minority community?

We can see you!!

Yet nothing about the naked sectarian abuse I receive on a daily basis in a minority community?

We can see you!!
In all seriousness if you receive this on a daily basis then I can only presume it’s at your work or a neighbour in which case I’d suggest you either confront the perpetrators or to your boss.

Unless I’m missing something?

In all seriousness if you receive this on a daily basis then I can only presume it’s at your work or a neighbour in which case I’d suggest you either confront the perpetrators or to your boss.

Unless I’m missing something?

What you're missing is, I don't give a f.uck , I give as good as I get.

Doesn't make it right though.

That was my first post in the thread. Out of all my posts (there’s a lot), the post you mention shows that I am “one of the least against today’s decision”. And it shows that I have “friends” who are banned?

My bro had a better seat than me. When he gave it up, I took his over and never changed the name. All to save about £20.

And yes, it will cost them more to pick up single match tickets, if they attempt it. Others have alluded to this. It’s not a shocking statement to make. Nor, does imply how I feel about the clubs actions.

These are the rest of my posts;
170, 252, 271, 285, 482, 512, 529, 531, 545, 550, 558, 560, 573, 589, 599, 601, 604, 611, 616, 621, 631, 638, 642, 644, 648, 656, 675, 681, 693, 703, 719, 724, 734, 739, 749, 767, 792, 802, 806, 857, 863*, 883, 894, 900, 901, 906, 912, 928, 931, 942, 943, 950, 973, 974, 980, 983.

* Only post 863 refers to my feelings on how the club handled it. And it was a direct response to you. So you know exactly my feelings on the punishment, yet you used one solitary post where I make no mention of it, to make out I am “one of the least against today’s decision”. I have made no other reference to the punishment in any of my posts in this entire thread.

None of my posts contain the words “friends” or anything similar, such as “pals” or “mates”. So you’ve definitely made that up, too.

Last edited:
Just really what I said mate , kinda glossed over. Mentioned how it's harder to identify people in stadium then moved on to how all eyes be on Rangers fans at Ibrox on Sunday !
To be fair to Charlie Adam he kept bringing it up and they basically just brought it round to all clubs should do more !
Thanks for that mate.

Just really what I said mate , kinda glossed over. Mentioned how it's harder to identify people in stadium then moved on to how all eyes be on Rangers fans at Ibrox on Sunday !
To be fair to Charlie Adam he kept bringing it up and they basically just brought it round to all clubs should do more !
Would be a bit hard for all eyes on celtic fans this Sunday.

What did you take from post #863 that made you feel I wasn’t of the same mindset?

You said twice that I called them “friends”. I’ve never called them anything remotely close to that.

I’ve listed my posts. Show me where I’ve said this? I’ve already asked you twice previously and you’ve not replied.

Right action taken in banning the individuals who were caught in the video. Feel like blanket ban on the bus regarding tickets is extremely harsh though.

Been on buses where worse has been sung in the past, luckily nobody was stupid enough to film it. Just shows you the power of social media these days.

Strong message sent but a bit over the top on the RSC id say.
i'm sure most RSC s have had incidents over different things in the past and dealt with them through their own rules .
I'm curious to know if the club contacted the RSC in question to ask their intentions .
Rules are rules and you cant simply side step them to appease a baying mob.
The rules have to be followed to the letter as regards suspensions and expulsions or any other disiplinary actions and it takes time and meeting to be held and notices served on the members in question.
Another thread is celebrating a victory by PoH over the spfl in court for ignoring rules but seems fine by most on here in this instance .A court would find different i'd say
I'm sure not everyone in that RSC was in attendance and probably not everyone on the bus joined in either although i ve not seen or want to see the video .
Punish those responsible certainly within the rules but the innocent parties deserve better IMO
Meanwhile in the dark east ,the scum do as they please whenever they please.

Wonder what will happen on buses now . Will any sort of non rangers songs be gone . Super rangers , billy boys etc . Or will the convenyer just warm people about filming . Would be sad if buses just become quiet non singing things because people are scared of a similar outcome . Honestly think the future is official away buses organised by rangers which will ban alcohol and singing will be non existent
Wyatt Earp had the answer. No phones allowed in Tombstone.

Right action taken in banning the individuals who were caught in the video. Feel like blanket ban on the bus regarding tickets is extremely harsh though.

Been on buses where worse has been sung in the past, luckily nobody was stupid enough to film it. Just shows you the power of social media these days.
Second paragraph covers it. If no idiot films it....

I can't agree with the "stupid enough to film it"

That's ignoring the fact that this type of horrible racist behaviour is highly unacceptable. Just because others didn't get caught will never make the vile behaviour right.

I can't agree with the "stupid enough to film it"

That's ignoring the fact that this type of horrible racist behaviour is highly unacceptable. Just because others didn't get caught will never make the vile behaviour right.
Guess the argument is and I’m by no means backing it

that the people in the video arnt racist . They are just drunk arseholes on a bus that prob think it’s a funny song . They arnt targeting him for his race . Just that he plays for our rivals. Thousand have sang that song for nakamura . Are they all racist ? Not for me . Idiots sure but if no one films it

the song is unacceptable no doubt and I hope we don’t hear it again

your a tadger your talking nonsense constantly on here I doubt yeve been to Ibrox in yer life tbh

Ye better hope ye life a longtime as what some on here deem as sectarian will never leave the support %^*& not liking green will make ye a bigot soon enough

im naw going to lie in the boozer at the euros when if you hate the fucking English clap yer hands was sung I joined in.

I don’t hate them it’s a song during the football, I don’t do the mock outrage when there’s songs that could describe me and be seen as offensive by some so I expect most to be the same view in that regard.

but your spot in there’s been a far bigger outcry about this than there has been about anything anti English.
I’ll exist happily in the knowledge that the club want fans like me at Ibrox.

They don’t want people like you. How does it feel that your own club don’t want you?

On this thread alone there are multiple posts about how filming should be banned on busses, as if that is the problem here. Mind blowing that people are happy to accept racism as long as nobody else finds out about it.

What sort of fan base or society is happy for blatant racism to be accepted, but the reporting of it to be banned?

You’ve then got some walloper describe it as “jovial” racism. Jovial?!

Thankfully FF is not a true reflection of the wider Rangers support because I’m embarrassed to have any sort of link to some of the members that post on here.

This forum is open for all to view. You have knuckleheads dragging the club through the mud and then folk on here talking about jovial fucking racism where anybody including the press can see?!

Other guy nailed it. For some their first reaction to this sort of thing is “how can we make this someone else’s fault or simply deflect from the real problem”.

One of the girls in my group of pals with STs is of Japanese descent with Japanese family. Constantly talking about Rangers in the group chat, every day.

She hasn't said a single word to any of us since the game on Sunday. Feel sick to my stomach thinking about how she's feeling right now.

Horrible reading that.

Those indulging in excuses and whataboutery should read it.

The amount of folk on here who forget they were young once and made an arse of themselves before taking the moral high ground, while defending mentally challengeds is sickening to the stomach.
Not everyone has standards as low as yours clearly are. The club don't wank the likes of you around aa highlighted by their actions tod
So tell me, how does it feel to know the club don't want you?
Or are you going to try and claim you've never used an add on or sang about Sands, Doyle, Nakamura or Billy Boys, not even once in your life?

Which is it?
Are you a liar?
A hypocrite?
Or do the club not want you either?
Or was there an FTP amnesty that I missed, that you obviously only seen from your lofty position on your high horse.
Nope not sang any of those so nae luck. We arent all as small minded as you seem to be

While I'm sorry to hear you've endured some anti-English sentiment, I'm not sure what you are describing is racist abuse.
Main reason being that you've not been abused on account of your race.
Race refers to any colour of skin, nationality, cultural norms etc so being targetted for being English is indeed racist

There’s arseholes in every colour shape size gender whatever difference, same as their is absolute great people.

maybe it’s because I don’t get offended at being called names myself or because I’m from a council scheme and work on a building site where words are used more loosely but I just don’t get the overreactions some time, I don’t see the issue with the Ate my dog song no different to me than when the Man U fans sang that songs about park and that never got pelters, the slanty eyes thing was poor though.
Did you look into Glen Kamara's eyes after he was "being called names"? Or Connor Goldson's the day after his pal was "called names"?

Racism affects victims and communities deeply which is why the authorities take it seriously.

Last edited:
Think it’s time it got locked tbh.

Club have made the statement and dealt with it accordingly.

All this in fighting is no use to anyone.

Time to move on and concentrate on Thursday imo.
Disagree mate. Its high time we as a support had this difficult conversation. I do understand why the mods keep locking the threads though as they quickly descend into abuse.

The one positive Im taking from this hopefully anyone else planning to do similar is sufficiently put off now.

Darrell Curries tweet is absolutely disgraceful.
Well said mate.

Despite being wary of everyone and anyone who works in the media, I’ve previously thought that Currie was one of the better ones when it came to toning down the sensationalism.

Needless to say, his tweet yesterday has well and truly rendered him just another media snake henceforth.

That was my first post in the thread. Out of all my posts (there’s a lot), the post you mention shows that I am “one of the least against today’s decision”. And it shows that I have “friends” who are banned?

My bro had a better seat than me. When he gave it up, I took his over and never changed the name. All to save about £20.

And yes, it will cost them more to pick up single match tickets, if they attempt it. Others have alluded to this. It’s not a shocking statement to make. Nor, does imply how I feel about the clubs actions.

These are the rest of my posts;
170, 252, 271, 285, 482, 512, 529, 531, 545, 550, 558, 560, 573, 589, 599, 601, 604, 611, 616, 621, 631, 638, 642, 644, 648, 656, 675, 681, 693, 703, 719, 724, 734, 739, 749, 767, 792, 802, 806, 857, 863*, 883, 894, 900, 901, 906, 912, 928, 931, 942, 943, 950, 973, 974, 980, 983.

* Only post 863 refers to my feelings on how the club handled it. And it was a direct response to you. So you know exactly my feelings on the punishment, yet you used one solitary post where I make no mention of it, to make out I am “one of the least against today’s decision”. I have made no other reference to the punishment in any of my posts in this entire thread.

None of my posts contain the words “friends” or anything similar, such as “pals” or “mates”. So you’ve definitely made that up, too.
"Hopefully it’s just Rangers who ban them and they can easily pick up single match tickets. And get season tickets in other folks names."

You hope they easily find a way to bypass Rangers decision to ban them indefinitely and continue to attend games whenever they please.

Guess the argument is and I’m by no means backing it

that the people in the video arnt racist . They are just drunk arseholes on a bus that prob think it’s a funny song . They arnt targeting him for his race . Just that he plays for our rivals. Thousand have sang that song for nakamura . Are they all racist ? Not for me . Idiots sure but if no one films it

the song is unacceptable no doubt and I hope we don’t hear it again
Given the song is based on his nationality, and they made “slitty eyes” gestures based on features associated with his race, can you please explain your stance that “They arnt targeting him for his race”?

Because for me and every sane person looking in, that is EXACTLY what they were doing. If you can let me know how they weren’t, I would really love to hear it.

Given the song is based on his nationality, and they made “slitty eyes” gestures based on features associated with his race, can you please explain your stance that “They arnt targeting him for his race”?

Because for me and every sane person looking in, that is EXACTLY what they were doing. If you can let me know how they weren’t, I would really love to hear it.
Correct.

i think its time for the RSC's in future have a ban on people carrying mobile phones onto the bus, maybe hand them over and stored away at the front of the bus, that should put an end to this shit

then all the ones defending it and can carry on singing the bile that gets our club into shit ;)

"Hopefully it’s just Rangers who ban them and they can easily pick up single match tickets. And get season tickets in other folks names."

You hope they easily find a way to bypass Rangers decision to ban them indefinitely and continue to attend games whenever they please.
Lol.

Okay, mate.

You’ve not answered any of the questions that I asked you.

And post #863 is my feelings towards what has happened.

No, stress.

i think its time for the RSC's in future have a ban on people carrying mobile phones onto the bus, maybe hand them over and stored away at the front of the bus, that should put an end to this shit

then all the ones defending it and can carry on singing the bile that gets our club into shit ;)
I can’t be the only one thinking if all the phones are stored in the front of the bus the club won’t be getting into “shit”.

What an absolute idiot in the first instance and secondly who ever posted it to the internet is a total walloper as well. Im glad this idiots been punished as he makes the rest of us look daft

From the clubs Facebook page

"
Even though I didn’t travel to Dingwall last Sunday as the senior committee member I thought I had to make a statement about the unsavoury video that was filmed on our supporters bus and put on social media. What was on that video is totally unacceptable and everyone that was involved have been handed lifetime bans and will not be allowed to travel on the bus again. Our club was founded in 1966 and I personally have been involved with it for over 40yrs and have always prided ourselves for being a family club and have a large membership of all ages and I can assure you that the views and actions of the lads in the video are not those of myself or the members of WRSC. We have accepted the decision R.F.C and will work with them going forward and reiterate to everyone there is no place for this behaviour not just in football but in Society as a whole, although I can’t condone the vile abuse one of our female members and a young boy received after their phone number was accidentally posted online
On a personal note I’d like to thank all the people who know me and the good members of my club for their kind words of support it’s very much appreciated
David Cook Treasurer WRSC
"

There was a thread in the Lounge last week, asking if the 40+ generation wished they had mobile phones back in their younger years.
What has happened here is another reason to think 'thank fcuk there wasn't' given some of what went on, on some buses:oops: but then again, Bears weren't eager to see other Bears hung out to dry over 1 stupid, childish incident.
The wank who filmed it needs a word in his ear though.

From the clubs Facebook page

"
Even though I didn’t travel to Dingwall last Sunday as the senior committee member I thought I had to make a statement about the unsavoury video that was filmed on our supporters bus and put on social media. What was on that video is totally unacceptable and everyone that was involved have been handed lifetime bans and will not be allowed to travel on the bus again. Our club was founded in 1966 and I personally have been involved with it for over 40yrs and have always prided ourselves for being a family club and have a large membership of all ages and I can assure you that the views and actions of the lads in the video are not those of myself or the members of WRSC. We have accepted the decision R.F.C and will work with them going forward and reiterate to everyone there is no place for this behaviour not just in football but in Society as a whole, although I can’t condone the vile abuse one of our female members and a young boy received after their phone number was accidentally posted online
On a personal note I’d like to thank all the people who know me and the good members of my club for their kind words of support it’s very much appreciated
David Cook Treasurer WRSC
"
Feel sorry for Cookie. Top, man. He’ll be gutted by this.

Hopefully, the bus can move forward now. It seems like it can, with those words.

I know the eye pulling was for sure racist because it is making fun of a racial feature.

But I haven't heard a proper explanation about how the chant about eating dog is racist, dog meat is available in many restaurants in Japan it is making fun of a cultural practice.

If a Scottish player went to Japan and fans there sung a song mocking the player for eating haggis would that be racist?

The dog chant might be racist, but I haven't read a proper explanation of why it is racist.

If that's the punishment then fair enough but why are we the only club that takes these kind of decisions racial abuse by other Scots supporters against our players nothing gets done mainly from that peado lot across the city ALWAYS CHEATED NEVER DEFEATED that lot
People in glasshouses can’t throw stones. Unless that is, you don’t follow Rangers.

We’ve reached a stage now where we need to be setting agendas rather than reacting to them. If we get our house in order, we can slowly but surely shift the focus elsewhere and start to forcibly point out the hypocrisy writ large. People can crow about it not being the club’s responsibility to police society all they like, and whilst I agree with that sentiment up to a point, there is an expectation from society, however unfairly, that the club should clean up its act with regard to supporter behaviour.

Regardless of whether you deem these strictures right or wrong, they aren’t going away anytime soon so we really need to play the game, reluctantly or otherwise. In the past, the club always adopted the line that ‘people will be people’ to such an extent that custodians like Willie Waddell, publicly, even drew parallels with domestic abuse levels and how well the team were faring! This approach left the club wide open to criticism not only from its detractors, but any reasonably minded person. We as a club can ill afford to continue the adoption of the line ‘that it’ll blow over’ to situations management with regard to public relations.

Rangers need to be looking to lead the game on all fronts in this country. To do so successfully, we cannot be seen to be accused of double standards in any way, shape or form. If this means hammering supporters who continually let the side down through selfish actions, especially fuelled by a protestant superiority complex, then so be it.

Let’s just be sure that we’ve covered all the angles and see it through to the finish.

I know the eye pulling was for sure racist because it is making fun of a racial feature.

But I haven't heard a proper explanation about how the chant about eating dog is racist, dog meat is available in many restaurants in Japan it is making fun of a cultural practice.

If a Scottish player went to Japan and fans there sung a song mocking the player for eating haggis would that be racist?

The dog chant might be racist, but I haven't read a proper explanation of why it is racist.

Ok I'll bite.

The Asian culture of farming and eating dogs was commonplace because it was cheaper than rearing cattle. Over the years this has faded away as the area became more wealthy. To sing that an Asian person "ate your dog" could be seen as suggesting that they are so poor/backward that they can't afford proper food and therefore resorted to stealing and eating your dog.

Its clearly racist and highly offensive to Asians.

Back