Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

Kranjcar was nowhere near world class.

Some don't seem to see just what level Marchisio was. A regular alongside the likes of Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba while dominating Serie A, making 2 Champions League finals, a Euros final with Italy. I get some of the hesitation, but Marchisio is several levels above the others mentioned.

I'd also say Alves wasn't anywhere near as bad as some suggest, he was stuck next to Martin and Bates in a gutless team with a paper midfield. That team is gone.

Zenit have ripped up his contract after a year as he was either injured or frighteningly off the pace/below par and is seen there as one of the biggest disappointments/flops to grace Russian football in recent memory. He’s no use to us, no thanks.
Ir he didn't fancy living in Moscow many miles from home

What kind of player is Marchisio? for those who watched a lot of Italian football over the years.
Got to be honest and say I've not really seen much of him as a player.

Interesting to see this story hasn’t been rubbished by anyone yet, seems to be getting more and more likely by the day. Starting to wonder if there actually is something in it.

He’s on a free, if it’s say a 1 or 2 year deal and his wages aren’t insane then I’m all for it.

What kind of player is Marchisio? for those who watched a lot of Italian football over the years.
Traditional number 8, box to box. Loves a tackle and a shot from distance. He was a genuinely brilliant player for Juventus, but I haven't seen him play in a couple of years. Reports from Russia weren't great.

Classy in possession, tough in the tackle, gets into advanced areas...he can play whatever midfield role you need.

Traditional number 8, box to box. Loves a tackle and a shot from distance. He was a genuinely brilliant player for Juventus, but I haven't seen him play in a couple of years. Reports from Russia weren't great.
Can't imagine him being a box to box player anymore, with his age and recent injuries.

Right, this thread had my curiosity, but now it has my attention. What’s going on with this one?
Started as a fairly minor rumour due to expected wage demands and interest from other clubs.

Posters have since pointed out that no recognised ITK posters have stepped in to rubbish the rumour. And as you’ve probably seen, some Italian journalist claims we are ‘close’ to signing him.

So in a nutshell, dunno.

As much as I hate Lego being brought into our threads he came and strolled it at Ibrox once again, meny a F/F expert has told me his legs are done etc. His influence over that team is apparent their players look to him as a leader. Could this boy give us a bit of that winning mentality?
That sort of influence comes through time at a club imo. A new player doesn’t walk into a team and instantly have that influence while he’s settling into a country, city and club.

Started as a fairly minor rumour due to expected wage demands and interest from other clubs.

Posters have since pointed out that no recognised ITK posters have stepped in to rubbish the rumour. And as you’ve probably seen, some Italian journalist claims we are ‘close’ to signing him.

So in a nutshell, dunno.
Got you, the silence is quite deafening then... I don’t think my heart can take the stress of another ‘will it happen/will it not’ after Kent :oops:

That’s because I’m not, fortunate enough to have some well placed friends & that is it - that’s enough to keep the blog doing well & for that I’m extremely grateful & to them I owe my thanks

I’ve never wanted the tag of ITK & on request I barely get involved in this stuff anymore

So please keep me out of it

So you reckon this most probably goes the same way as skirtel which is nowhere, as do I.

Cheers m8

Makes no sense.

No matter the ability he had, the level he was on, when you are plagued with serious injurys then your technical ability will quickly diminish, along with your ability to actually play games.

Would take him months to get up to speed, massive wage, strongest area of our team, serious chance of him getting more injurys as he trys to get up to speed.

Load of pish.

That’s because I’m not, fortunate enough to have some well placed friends & that is it - that’s enough to keep the blog doing well & for that I’m extremely grateful & to them I owe my thanks

I’ve never wanted the tag of ITK & on request I barely get involved in this stuff anymore - my posts are more subtle or I post on twitter, that simple really

So please keep me out of it
Reading between the lines, this is f.ucking happening!!!:D

That sort of influence comes through time at a club imo. A new player doesn’t walk into a team and instantly have that influence while he’s settling into a country, city and club.
Good point mate however it comes down to how good a player he is if he came in and settled quickly and was doing the business then all the other stuff that comes with that comes into play, if he struggles to adapt etc all that as you say goes out the window

Back