Rangers Still in Talks With Claudio Marchisio According to French Website

Good point mate however it comes down to how good a player he is if he came in and settled quickly and was doing the business then all the other stuff that comes with that comes into play, if he struggles to adapt etc all that as you say goes out the window
Agree natural leadership skills and ability would bring influence a lot quicker. I suppose that could only be assessed by meeting him personally to gauge confidence and presence.

That’s because I’m not, fortunate enough to have some well placed friends & that is it - that’s enough to keep the blog doing well & for that I’m extremely grateful & to them I owe my thanks

I’ve never wanted the tag of ITK & on request I barely get involved in this stuff anymore - my posts are more subtle or I post on twitter, that simple really

So please keep me out of it

Marchisio and skrtel you say by the end of the week you say?

The story has been doing the rounds for a week now. On the face of it, it looks like his agent leaking pish to draw up interest in his client but the fact none of the ITKs on here or Twitter have come out and rubbished it puts a spanner in the works somewhat.....

If it is agent talk, which it most likely is, why out of all the clubs in Europe do they use Rangers to try and drum up interest in a player?

Surely a mid table Serie A side would make more sense in order to get him a move back home? As much as we love Rangers it is sometimes difficult to see the appeal in coming here if you are a 33 year old millionaire with nothing to prove in football and a medal haul to back that up. Other than Europa League football and a couple of Old Firm games why would a guy like Marchisio with no connection at all to Scotland want to come here just as winter is beginning?

If it is agent talk, which it most likely is, why out of all the clubs in Europe do they use Rangers to try and drum up interest in a player?

Surely a mid table Serie A side would make more sense in order to get him a move back home? As much as we love Rangers it is sometimes difficult to see the appeal in coming here if you are a 33 year old millionaire with nothing to prove in football and a medal haul to back that up. Other than Europa League football and a couple of Old Firm games why would a guy like Marchisio with no connection at all to Scotland want to come here just as winter is beginning?

giphy.gif

Kamara
Aribo
King
Davis
Arfield
Jack
Docherty
Polster (Back up)
Halliday (Back up)

With all the players we have who can play in the middle, I doubt very much we will be bringing in 20K+ a week Marchisio.

No chance.

The same Gerrard that stone face denies interest in everyone an hour before they sign

Exactly. If he’s asked about it and says we’re not interested then we have confirmation that he’s signing and we can start getting his name printed on our tops.

Traditional number 8, box to box. Loves a tackle and a shot from distance. He was a genuinely brilliant player for Juventus, but I haven't seen him play in a couple of years. Reports from Russia weren't great.
If he could still do it at a reasonable level there’s no chance he would come to Scotland.

If he could still do it at a reasonable level there’s no chance he would come to Scotland.
Perhaps, he is 33 years old. We're not saying we're signing peak Marchisio. Doesn't mean he's a dumpling now either, and don't underestimate the pull of our gaffer.

Putting 2+2 together and probably coming up with 5. But...

any chance Ryan Jack's knee injury is worse than feared and Gerrard doesn't fancy Doc, Polster or Halliday as replacements ?

What a player back in the day,
I don’t know how credible it is that he would sign, however would be a good addition. Got to imagine he would be on a nice wage though

any chance Ryan Jack's knee injury is worse than feared and Gerrard doesn't fancy Doc, Polster or Halliday as replacements ?
The Marchisio rumours were about before Jacks apparent injury.

Didn't the rumour first surface last Sunday,? The day of celtic game?

I doubt it will happen, but in a way the fact we are linked shows our standing in football is starting to improve

Were we not linked with him prior to Jack's injury?

Take this or leave it (you can decide)

Club have said it’s absolute shite, agents at work etc etc (This was same last week)

Boys have chased it after tonight & that’s what they have been told

Thanks for the Info I would say that’s it put to bed now then .

Reactions: TQ3

Club have said it’s absolute shite, agents at work etc etc (This was same last week)

So when does he sign then ?

Perhaps, he is 33 years old. We're not saying we're signing peak Marchisio. Doesn't mean he's a dumpling now either, and don't underestimate the pull of our gaffer.
Yes but I was meaning his fitness, seems to have had a few bad injuries in the last few years and not played much. You’re correct SG knows more than me.

None whatsoever. I hope!

(I have no information at all - so take it or leave it folks)
Oooft - it's on!! ;)

(I have no information at all - so take it or leave it folks)
Could you convert that in percentages?

Have they emerged from the interrogation rooms yet?

Seems to be some length of talks

Back