Rangers Store & Stock

ForGodForCountryForever

So it looks like almost everything is sold out on the website and Im guessing ditto were the shops open.

My question is given how clear success was this season how could they allow the stock levels to hit zero, especially the shirts, as people will be looking to buy and decorate themselves in all sorts of great clobber to enjoy the pending title (and continued Euro rampage). Seems really poor given the excitement at the Castore deal being struck. Does anyone know whether they are planning on releasing more shirts or is that now it for this season?

On a side note going forward surely we need some gear with a Union Jack design on it? They would be printing money with that.

Stock from the shops has probably been sold online to help with the demand and not knowing when they'll be open again.

I'd be surprised if they restock shirts but they would be missing out on a lot of ££ if they don't.

So it looks like almost everything is sold out on the website and Im guessing ditto were the shops open.

My question is given how clear success was this season how could they allow the stock levels to hit zero, especially the shirts, as people will be looking to buy and decorate themselves in all sorts of great clobber to enjoy the pending title (and continued Euro rampage). Seems really poor given the excitement at the Castore deal being struck. Does anyone know whether they are planning on releasing more shirts or is that now it for this season?

On a side note going forward surely we need some gear with a Union Jack design on it? They would be printing money with that.
They seem to be printing money as is.

Tops aren't dear to make. I'd hope some more stock is due or the counterfeiters will have a field day for this seasons home top.

My hope is they are waiting for us to win the league before releasing 55 merch and maybe a champions edition of the home shirt? Or something along those lines

Maybe the shirts with some sort of commemorative badge? Not sure whether thatd look better this season or on next years shirt.

I had the Germany World Cup winners shirt with the Gold WC badge on the centre and it looked superb, something like that would be great.

I’ve been wanting to get any kind of kit or training shorts for months, no sign of them coming back in stock.

Hopefully they get more in stock soon,might be hard manufacturing new merch in the current climate.

3rd top still available on site in most sizes aswell as the away pro top fill your boots with them if you haven't already.

Why would anyone want to buy this seasons top when next seasons will be out soon? I don't get that. I can see the point with a commemorative strip with Champions on it but not just the standard kit.

All their focus will now be on next years kit and accessories so I wouldn't be expecting them to run off a load of this years kit that they might end up stick with.

Why would anyone want to buy this seasons top when next seasons will be out soon? I don't get that. I can see the point with a commemorative strip with Champions on it but not just the standard kit.

All their focus will now be on next years kit and accessories so I wouldn't be expecting them to run off a load of this years kit that they might end up stick with.

I'll happily but this seasons kit with some form of commemorative badge on it

I'm assuming the OP is having a pop at Castore for this.

It will be the club who control the available stock in a retail deal. If we don't order it, they won't produce it.

I would be surprised though if Castore have not proposed some title-winning gear, as it is in their interests. I would also expect the club to pull the trigger on such an order once it is won.

Because this a title winning season and people want the kit as it is a very important part of our history.

The kits have all been online recently and been discounted as well. I'll be very surprised if we get a fresh batch manufactured and sold at the reduced rate 2 months from the end of the season.

That's not just related to Castore, most kit suppliers will be the same as plans are in the background and ongoing for next seasons kits. They won't want dead stock kicking about that they'll have to reduce even further to try and punt. We still had Hummel tops on that pish Rangers shop website well into the start of this season I'm sure, not a good look.

As for commemorative stuff, there might be ideas there just waiting on it being official. No one will know and weird to have a pop for something that they might have or might not have done.

Quite frustrating really. Stocks of shorts, goalkeeper tops and training stuff has been sold out since before Xmas in the M/L sizes.
I wish I knew it was a limited run, I would have bought the items earlier in the season, however I hoped to spread out the purchases during the season. I'm hoping there is a restock soon as due to this current sale, almost everything will be sold out.

Ideally, assuming stores reopen in Aprilish, Id like this season's shirt (any one) with 'Gerrard 55' printed on the back.

What? :))

Thousands will buy one, it’s a title winning jersey. The kits are cheaper at the end of the season as well.

It’s smart retail to sell out. Last thing you want is losing money with stock just sitting or vastly reduced to reduce profit the club make. Most of the gears been out for months so if you don’t have it it’s not castores fault now.
now is the time to gets next years kits out early, having all 3 out before the season starts gets lots of cash in the clubs accounts to let us spend it as needed

It’s smart retail to sell out. Last thing you want is losing money with stock just sitting or vastly reduced to reduce profit the club make. Most of the gears been out for months so if you don’t have it it’s not castores fault now.
now is the time to gets next years kits out early, having all 3 out before the season starts gets lots of cash in the clubs accounts to let us spend it as needed
yeah this was my thoughts too. I also wouldn't expect a new supplier to get the balance absolutely correct year 1. I think we will probably notice a slight difference next year but there will still be perception of 'sell outs' throughout the season.

yeah this was my thoughts too. I also wouldn't expect a new supplier to get the balance absolutely correct year 1. I think we will probably notice a slight difference next year but there will still be perception of 'sell outs' throughout the season.
They are a data driven company, they’ve said that themselves.

The good thing is they now have all of this data from this season at their disposal. Sales levels, popular items etc. I’d like to think they’ll get it right for next season.

And they’ve had a full year to plan. People need to remember they only had 3/4 months to plan for last season.

Thousands will buy one, it’s a title winning jersey. The kits are cheaper at the end of the season as well.

That's the thing. By definition it is a different market to the new season top.

New season top purchasers have been there and done that with this year's and will return in huge numbers no doubt for the 2021-22 version.

But there will be still massive numbers of fans who don't buy when first out and wait for the end of season sales (especially in a title winning season! And 55 being the biggest title of them all, come on: EVERYONE will be wanting one).

Even if they are doing them at 75% of price I still reckon they will go like hotcakes. But agree, I'm pretty sure they will be looking at a more specific fitting reminder to this season merch wise.

If I'm not mistaken our shirt sales pre Ashley & the spivs - were one of the highest of any club
It just seems a pity if we don't return to that level because of supply chain / production or stock issues

I know you don't create Retro or Classic shirts with currently available products - but I could see this season's version fast becoming a sought after Retro top in the near future

So I hope we aren't missing out on revenue available immediately due to what amounts to short sightedness

In general & simple economic terms - if supply doesn't meet demand - don't expect profit & loss to be successful for long

Stock levels have been gash all season.

Hopefully this has been partly due to a focus on preparing for future seasons given the relatively short period they had to get merch for this one.

I would have bought a few training tops etc if they were actually available in sizes other than 4xl for more than about 4 minutes.

That's the thing. By definition it is a different market to the new season top.

New season top purchasers have been there and done that with this year's and will return in huge numbers no doubt for the 2021-22 version.

But there will be still massive numbers of fans who don't buy when first out and wait for the end of season sales (especially in a title winning season! And 55 being the biggest title of them all, come on: EVERYONE will be wanting one).

Even if they are doing them at 75% of price I still reckon they will go like hotcakes. But agree, I'm pretty sure they will be looking at a more specific fitting reminder to this season merch wise.
But this pushes people to buy them when they can at full price instead of waiting for a discount that might not come . Having less supply than demand is perfect business practice

Surely most fans already have though, unless ur talking about a commemorative strip with champions on it.

If you were waiting to see if we won the league or not before buying a strip then you deserve to get hit with zero stock. The strips been on sale the best part of a year.

But this pushes people to buy them when they can at full price instead of waiting for a discount that might not come . Having less supply than demand is perfect business practice

I'm not sure that's what I got taught in economics
Short term only - if I remember rightly - & profitability not sustainable without changes

Then again it was a long time ago & maybe I was asleep that day

Surely most fans already have though, unless ur talking about a commemorative strip with champions on it.

If you were waiting to see if we won the league or not before buying a strip then you deserve to get hit with zero stock. The strips been on sale the best part of a year.

Not in all sizes they haven't

They got away with it this season, fans won’t be as forgiving for next season when we are champions. The stock levels have been poor, especially for kids. They should never run out of kits no matter what. Trying to get shorts and socks for my kids has been a nightmare.

I agree. But more sales is more sales. And as I say, there will be a massive market for folk who may not buy a full price top ever but will when they feel they are getting a deal. A deal that still brings a profit to the club and will have minimal effect on next seasons sales (as they are a market by definition unlikely to ever buy at full price. Its like a Groupon. The discount isn't for getting rid of surplus or unwanted stock. It's for the purpose of reaching a market your full prices may put off.

It's a real shame. I'm only a few bucks short of buying tops for those Egyptian boys and now stock has depleted.

I hope they are going to re-stock soon as there is still high demand.

They got away with it this season, fans won’t be as forgiving for next season when we are champions. The stock levels have been poor, especially for kids. They should never run out of kits no matter what. Trying to get shorts and socks for my kids has been a nightmare.
This is more or less my view too. Our kit and merchandise situation has been such a clusterfuck for so long that I think people were willing to forgive anything this season. But in the cold light of day the supply, quality and communications this year about our replica kit and other products has simply not been good enough. And we've made those lads very wealthy despite it all.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Hopefully now we are into our first season with Castore they will have a better gauge for stock levels and what sells.

No more turkey tops!!! have them all made in same country!!

I usually buy the full kits (wxnker) B-) i bought one of the first 10000 available of home kit and got ripped off only accepted because my money was going to Rangers won't accept same standard next season!

I'm not sure that's what I got taught in economics
Short term only - if I remember rightly - & profitability not sustainable without changes

Then again it was a long time ago & maybe I was asleep that day
Excess stock is waste that takes up time and space to manage. Look at the amount of rubbish still sitting in the st Enoch store even before the boycott that couldn’t be shifted when discounted . I totally get the discount market, it’s usually how I pick up the 2nd and 3rds each year. But as a business you want everyone paying full price and giving impression of you aren’t fast you are last gets more people taking the plunge to purchase at max profit pricing.

for non football examples, look at how many people still can’t get a PS5. It has people searching for it and talking about it more than if everyone had had one the day it came out.

Absolutely, you'd be a fool to dither when any item you like hits the shelves

Excess stock is waste that takes up time and space to manage. Look at the amount of rubbish still sitting in the st Enoch store even before the boycott that couldn’t be shifted when discounted . I totally get the discount market, it’s usually how I pick up the 2nd and 3rds each year. But as a business you want everyone paying full price and giving impression of you aren’t fast you are last gets more people taking the plunge to purchase at max profit pricing.

for non football examples, look at how many people still can’t get a PS5. It has people searching for it and talking about it more than if everyone had had one the day it came out.

All valid points mate - & I don't disagree

I was referring to the comment about demand exceeding supply being perfect business sense (although I didn't make that clear - in my post )

Again if I recall correctly -
Whilst demand out-stripping supply is a good thing in a short term period - if anyone doesn't keep the supply up with demand - or even decreases supply while demand increases - they run the risk of competitors making up the shortfall & eventually loosing market share

Obviously competitors in this instance aren't officially permitted to steal this share of the market
But to me that's all the more annoying when they didn't do more to increase supply

Let's hope this was all down to 1st season teething trouble - & from here on in they get it better - Like another poster above suggests

Overall - I'm not trying to slag off our suppliers - I'm just unconvinced they're quite up to this task yet & improvement is needed imo

Castore are costing the club thousands just now with the poor stock levels .. how many bears would be looking for kit in their on size the last week only to find 2XL etc ... horrible retailing and costly !!!!

Because it’s Castore & they are a shambles

I hope they will produce even a small batch of 2020/21 kits and even if sold at full price. A lot of people won't have bought it, budgeting their way through the pandemic. As things return to normal and people go back to work, etc, there may be a small but untapped market.

Orange training top now available with 20% off

I guessed at turn of year this would happen, so luckily I managed to order what I wanted in advance. It was clear we were going to win the League and anyone could see this would mean a great opportunity for Castore. Hopefully, they have been savvy enough to make ’55 souveniers. They will sell like hot cakes.

Back