Rangers Supporters Back In The Day

139154894_3697926020250455_6969489975339885689_o.jpg

This cracking image has just come up in my Facebook feed.
More old Glasgow of the 70's and 80's in the link
https://www.facebook.com/crbooks/photos/pcb.3697929333583457/3697924753583915

I love seeing pictures and videos of our fans.

I’m in that photo. :D Pretty sure it is the piggery but hard to tell from that image

Like others have said, following Rangers in the 70’s was absolutely brilliant. Great memories. Not one phuck given about anything or anybody :))
Can't remember if it was the 60s or 70s, but if I recall right, when we went to visit Edinburgh every shop we passed was shut and boarded up with plywood.

Always love seeing old pictures like that. Interesting to think about how many of those fans still go to games and Offcourse how many have sadly passed since

I can remember a feature in our match programs.
A picture was in one of the pages and you won a prize if your face was circled.
Iam sure a bear will remember what it was called.
Again pictures like that are brilliant I look for myself in them.
I won that one week standing in the East Enclosure, my prize.

Two tickets for a game against Ayr United.:))

Seemed to be a lot more varieties back then as well. One lad's even wearing a Scotland one in the bottom right corner.

I think the one you are looking at is a League Champions 74-75 scarf. The badge in the centre looks like a lion rampant but I’m not sure if this has been recoloured and it maybe just looks that way.

Always love seeing old pictures like that. Interesting to think about how many of those fans still go to games and Offcourse how many have sadly passed since
There's a group of 3 none of whom attend any longer. My old dad who is no longer fit to attend, his mate who sadly passed away some time ago and his mates son who lives down South now.

Strangely, however, myself and my two mates (brothers) who would have been there but not in the picture still go. I say strangely because I hadn't seen them for years and then moved seats a few years back only to discover the two of them, their younger brother and all their grown up kids sitting in the row in front of me and my two boys.

So three down, three still going and an extra six coming along with us.

I know two guys in the OP photo, one still goes every week, the other I haven't seen for years.

There is, look for a guy with a rugby like top on, pale blue and dark blue hoops, to his left is his girlfriend. The guy was the driver of the Bishopbriggs RSC in the late 70s, John with his girlfriend Kathy.

They are half way down, right of centre.
That looks like a Cardiff rugby shirt.

The wee guy in the far bottom right looks as if he's wearing the then new red away Umbro shirt of 78-81. A belter of a shirt.
My first top.Loved it.My poor old mum had a terrible time I wanted it on every day.She was washing and drying it nightly eventually bought the blue one as well so she could alternate. Think me moaning about it helped as well. B-D

Used to travel on the Partick Loyal in the 80's, the 55 seater bus would be full every single game, then you had the Rosedale and Memories buses rammed to. Don't think any of them run buses at all now, Memories bar is no longer, not sure if the Partick Loyal still survives either. The grounds were always full, we'd take over 10,000 to Cappilow on a wintery midweek, but the home clubs don't want our money now apparently.

There is, look for a guy with a rugby like top on, pale blue and dark blue hoops, to his left is his girlfriend. The guy was the driver of the Bishopbriggs RSC in the late 70s, John with his girlfriend Kathy.

big john, he was still doing the briggs bus in the 90's when they were still using parks
him and kathy still go to the games . i think they have two grown up kids who go also.

big john, he was still doing the briggs bus in the 90's when they were still using parks
him and kathy still go to the games . i think they have two grown up kids who go also.

I remember Big John & Kathy from the late 70s/early 80s. Grown up kids, that makes me feel old...

It was "Heads You Win". My father and I were in it once standing in the enclosure but we weren't circled. No prize!

I would more than likely be in there somewhere didn't miss many in those days especially at the shit tip. Every bloody thing is making me feel old now a days.

Used to travel on the Partick Loyal in the 80's, the 55 seater bus would be full every single game, then you had the Rosedale and Memories buses rammed to. Don't think any of them run buses at all now, Memories bar is no longer, not sure if the Partick Loyal still survives either. The grounds were always full, we'd take over 10,000 to Cappilow on a wintery midweek, but the home clubs don't want our money now apparently.
I used to go on the Partick bus as well. Great bunch of guys.

That could be an Allan Glen’s FP rugby top, our playing fields were in Bishopbriggs.

Just left of dead centre, guy with the thick glasses
Good to see The Proclaimers old man in with the Derry.

I used to go on the Partick bus as well. Great bunch of guys.
I started going about 1980 and my dad only allowed me to go because there was no signing allowed on the bus and there was a mother and daughter from the church travelled on it and they would keep an eye on me. I'm sure Mr Dingwall was a member at the time to.

Yip remember that well

went to many a cup final as moved to mount Florida in 76 ....even went to World Cup send off in 78 thinking we might win a game or 2 as DJ was the main man....we never won many leagues then but always got to the cup finals usually against the sheep or Dundee Utd or Hibs ...we usually won.There was a shop on Victoria road where you could buy tickets for the finals.Had some great days and when we scored you couldn't see the pitch due to the dust cloud from the Rangers end...never to be forgotten

Back