Rangers take Elite to court

a_weir

I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.

Edit:

Also, the only 'evidence' that Elite and SDI are linked is that two former SDI employees now work for Elite.

Last edited:

Mr Wilton

I’m sure on H&H they said Elite was now working with Sports Direct. Probably something to do with that if it’s the case. Either way it’s going to get messy again!

a_weir

I know it's a fucking mess.
Really is mate. We don't know if we should continue buying or what.

It's genuinely likely that Elite will be withholding to protect themselves from SDI (with plans to pay when the whole thing is sorted), but that the club need the money now.

Equally, Elite withholding money and Rangers taking them to court, could be a strategy to allow Elite to look more neutral in the SDI litigation.

I think we should hold fire until we see how 'well' Elite defend this in court.

All hypothetical!

a_weir

I’m sure on H&H they said Elite was now working with Sports Direct. Probably something to do with that if it’s the case. Either way it’s going to get messy again!
No they didn't.

This rumour shouldn't spread like this. 2 people (one of them in marketing) who work for Elite used to work for Sports Direct. Doesn't mean they're in cahoots with Sports Direct.

2.5man

I'm confused. Why are Elite not paying up? I thought they were the new kit suppliers and the issue was against SD and Mike Ashley? Can someone please explain if they know?

Henry Hill

FF's Vidiprinter
Official Ticketer
Yeah mate so when we signed Kenny Miller for the second time that meant that us and Celtic are basically the same team.

It isn't a coincidence, no. It is entirely likely that two people who understand sports goods retailing now happen to work for another company.
Don’t get that Kenny Miller reference at all but yes of course it’s possible. It with everything that’s happened to us and everything we’ve been through and continue to go through with Ashley it’s quite a coincidence. Not saying that it’s definitely a stitch up but...