Rangers take Elite to court

Bobans27

I thought elite were basically a bunch of Hummel directors?
This was my incorrect understanding of the arrangement.

We seem to move from one cock up to the next. That said, Ashley is the parasite behind this all and he doesn’t seem to be too bored of hampering us further.

Geefonk

Is there a mandatory time limit for them to pay, if we have issued proceedings? Or is it down to us following a legal process that is going to take months - anyone know?

DeeCeeTee

If this is genuinely a malicious move where they are trying to shaft us, I don't see how Rangers could trust anybody again. Personally I would be fully behind taking everything in house like the Diadora strips and if it means paying a premium or whatever, so be it. The club should be able to sell shirts direct far better and more reliable than Elite are offering.

BlueHaze

Here was me thinking Elite was part of the solution to our S.D. mess,We seem to get shafted at every turn.

fotze2

Official Ticketer
Forget the rumours (which you are big enough to decide for yourself)

This is absolute FACT

Rangers have chased Elite for months for money
They hid behind the Injunction
Now Rangers got that lifted it’s been blanket silence & refusals
Now we are taking court action against them to recover it

Any money YOU spend in shops or giving to Elite they are not giving to our club
(whatever motive you think they have)

That’s the facts

Think about where you are spending your money very carefully

TPP

Elite can’t just choose to go into admin, they need to prove insolvency and not they forced out otherwise the corporate directors are off to jail if this is planned. It’s bad, but I suspect for the first time not some MA master plan.

Iain1872

Nothing new in this that changes anything from the previous thread.

Elite were withholding for fear of breaking the injunction, as SDI were claiming that Rangers receiving money from Elite wasn’t allowed under the injuction. Court ruled that Elite paying paying Rangers wasn’t against the injunction, and payment could be made.

Now, obviously Elite withholding payment is a breach of the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract. (Even if it was done for the right reasons, eg. to stop Rangers getting in bother for breach of the injuction) and as I said before, a bit of guesswork on my part, but I’d assume two companies simply can’t pay each other £2.8m. A bit of due process is required, there fore, as it’s technically a breach of contract, Rangers are taking Elite to court. Exactly as our statement says, for breaching the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract

I did presume this would happen at the start and said as far as my knowledge goes, Elite have the money and will pay willingly. That is still my understanding.

Until Elite refuse to pay or try to fight this in court, then I’ll concede my defence of them.

However, I’m sorry ID10, no disrespect as a I know your info is normally spot on, but if your previous posts, suggesting we should boycott and Elite are bad guys, aswell as today’s “I told you so” posts, were all in-fact based solely on your knowledge that Rangers planned to sue Elite for this money. Then you are way off with this one. Unless you have proof Elite intend not to pay, then I still maintain your scaremongering and vague rumour starting was unjust. As even, I, someone who is putting up a defence of Elite and opposing your view, fore saw that Rangers would probably need to take Elite to court.

TPP

Time to utterly boycott elite also. King has a hell of fight in front of him, he needs much better people and corporate legal beside him than up until now.

PeterM86

keeps getting worse wished we could work with jd sports then we wont have these problems

Last edited:

Virgil Hilts

Elite can’t just choose to go into admin, they need to prove insolvency and not they forced out otherwise the corporate directors are off to jail if this is planned. It’s bad, but I suspect for the first time not some MA master plan.
I’d 8magine that they might have arrears for rates / rent / leased equipment as well as stock.

Also, a Rangers store without stock isn’t a viable concern.

If we’ve been played somebody needs bagged.

Tony75tfc

Who do certain people on our board keep getting us into a shitshow over retail deals ,questions need to be asked

TN8

Just one question actually - is the £2.8m last season's sales? This season's? An instalment?

If we're only getting £2.8m a year from merchandise sales it's hardly worth the bother.

change consent