Rangers take Elite to court

Nope. After the 7 year deal expired MASH still had same matching rights. Club renegiated to get more £ from same shit deal and hoped fans would suck it up and buy as usual.

Any idea what's going on with Hummel?

The only Rangers presence on their website is last years home and away kits "reduced" to £42.

Nope. After the 7 year deal expired MASH still had same matching rights. Club renegiated to get more £ from same shit deal and hoped fans would suck it up and buy as usual.
Why did we pay so much to end it if it was never ending , I may not have worded that right but hope you get what I mean .

I’ve liked your post as a “thanks for letting me know” but I really, really hate the content!

What an absolute, unending nightmare.

Came from Superiors in the company mate yeah. As we are all Rangers fans in the shop and were as equally concerned. Assurances were made and I’m happy to wait and see the outcome. I have stated, that I know I’m at the bottom of the ladder and IF Ashely was involved then ofcourse I wouldn’t be told. But I do currently believe the guys above me for what it’s worth.
Here’s hoping the guy that told you is more a Rangers man than a company man.

I could be wrong but did we not indemnify elite againt any possible claim from sdi. It could be thats why they are withholding payment , remember SDI have taken joint action against us and elite, it is a lot to hold back though

No need for the attitude mate. I’ve been more than fair in this thread, being respectful to those who disagree, I’d appreciate the same!
Don’t speak to me as if I’m some silly wee boy who takes the word of “a check out girl with big tits” and posts it as gospel.
In much the same way as ID10 passes on info in good faith, I’ve done the same with what I’ve been told. Just because I hold an apposing argument, doesn’t mean that I’m a plant or a tim, trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons.
You are well within your rights to disagree with me, but don’t attack me for the message I’m passing on cheers.
To be fair mate you've said a lot without actually saying anything. I get you have a vested interest, mainly your job, but you haven't actually stated anything other than a store managers opinion.

So who told you that theyre willing to pay? Was it a high up manager, or was it the check out girl with the big tits?
Youve said yourself youre not privy to any info.
Dont take this the wrong way but im sure im not alone in thinking you might be at it. Or worse, from the dark side or even a plant.
Your post is pretty laughable mate. FF first port of call is a conspiracy theory. What it the guy is telling the truth and that's exactly what he has been told?

The other worrying aspect is whether or not this could represent a total breakdown in the relationship between the businesses. If it is then who is going to be dealing with kit merchandising next season.

The other worrying aspect is whether or not this could represent a total breakdown in the relationship between the businesses. If it is then who is going to be dealing with kit merchandising next season.
If we can't get out of it it will be sports direct and probably back to puma kits I'd imagine.

The poster has said all along that they are going to pay us, right?
So why not pay us instead of us taking them to court?
The poster has told us what he has been told by his employers. Doesnt him a timmy imposter or a "plant". Does it?

It’s been quite sad passing the store and not seeing as many people in. Maybe hoping too much, but I’d like the situation sorted as it’s a good wee shop and handy to have it in the town. Ignoring the Rangers/SD side of it, thoughts with the staff who must be wondering what’s coming next and the potential distribution to their jobs as this tumbles on

Came from Superiors in the company mate yeah. As we are all Rangers fans in the shop and were as equally concerned. Assurances were made and I’m happy to wait and see the outcome. I have stated, that I know I’m at the bottom of the ladder and IF Ashely was involved then ofcourse I wouldn’t be told. But I do currently believe the guys above me for what it’s worth.
Rangers announcing they're looking for new kit/retail partner(s) for next season seems to suggest that the relationship is terminal. I hope for you and your colleagues it's part of the process that you've been led to believe is occurring, but tbh it's not looking good and that line is getting harder to swallow. I hope you get some straight answers from your bosses. Not a nice situation for you guys to be in.

On a more positive note, Rangers seem to be suggesting the superstore will be reopening. So jobs going there if the worst happens.

Would rather we just paid whatever is required for a clean break. Sick and tired of this shite in all honesty, makes us a shambles publicly and will hinder any progress the Club makes as a business going forward, not to mention the employees getting shafted.

This isn’t normal for any football team and as much as I like to see money dished out on transfers our retail and kit situation is a long term revenue stream that is a recurring cause of public embarrassment and it has to stop.

Would rather we just paid whatever is required for a clean break. Sick and tired of this shite in all honesty, makes us a shambles publicly and will hinder any progress the Club makes as a business going forward, not to mention the employees getting shafted.

This isn’t normal for any football team and as much as I like to see money dished out on transfers our retail and kit situation is a long term revenue stream that is a recurring cause of public embarrassment and it has to stop.

IMO Ashley isn’t interested in money from us, clearly looking to actively hinder us. But your absolutely right, the whole thing is a shambles and damaging us moving forward.

Not read the whole thread and have no info on Elite and their financial security but we need to safeguard ourselves and raise an action to ring fence the monies we are owed so Elite cannot go bust and we get nothing

I don’t know who Elite are but it just seems dodgy they have withheld the monies due to us

Our retail revenues after Somers and Llambias did the deal with SD has been shocking through their dealings and I think we should go after Somers and Llambias for failing in their fiduciary duties

Not read the whole thread and have no info on Elite and their financial security but we need to safeguard ourselves and raise an action to ring fence the monies we are owed so Elite cannot go bust and we get nothing

I don’t know who Elite are but it just seems dodgy they have withheld the monies due to us

Our retail revenues after Somers and Llambias did the deal with SD has been shocking through their dealings and I think we should go after Somers and Llambias for failing in their fiduciary duties
There's no doubt that it was Green and co that put us in this mess with Ashley and they certainly didn't seem to do so for the benefit of the company/club they worked for, that's for sure. And I'd wager that its criminal. Proving it of course might be difficult and costly, and after this amount of time I'd say it's safe to say our lawyers advised aganst it. SDI sure do cross their t's and dot their i's. Also given that we are no longer operating under that deal, but a new one signed by King and our current board, surely complicates matters. I'm sure most of us on here would like nothing better than to see them all in court for it but I think that ship has sadly sailed.

Anyone still criticising King for attempting to extracate us from this mess needs to open their eyes a whole lot wider and consider the position he was forced to negotiate from. Here is an extract from the Guardian in 2016 which spells it out and this doesn't even mention the matching rights which were sure to be included in this deal also:

A Guardian analysis of the Rangers accounts last month suggested that the joint venture with Sports Direct, Rangers Retail Ltd, had paid the Scottish Championship team dividends of about £559,000 since the deal came into effect about four years ago. During that time, the Rangers store had taken more than £13m through its tills from fans, while a previous retail deal with JJB Sports saw the club receive an initial payment of £18m, with a guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m.

Over the same four-year period, the accounts also suggest that Sports Direct was paid three times Rangers’ dividends, totalling about £1.8m. On top of those payments, it has also earned hundreds of thousands of pounds from the joint venture for providing retailing services. Despite the difference in the amounts received by each party, Rangers owns 51% of Rangers Retail, while Sports Direct holds the remaining 49%.

The agreements between the two also include:
  • A seven-year notice period to break the contract
  • A confidentiality agreement that binds Rangers but not Sports Direct
  • Obligations for Rangers Retail to buy stock at a “higher cost than its retail value”
  • A clause allowing Sports Direct to force Rangers out of its shareholding in Rangers Retail if the relationship between the club and the retailer is “deadlocked”
  • A further clause that forced the football club to pay Sports Direct £620,000 for closing down two former Rangers stores in Glasgow and Belfast
  • Zero upfront payment to Rangers for awarding the retail deal to Sports Direct in 2012
  • A controlling vote for Sports Direct on “financial matters” concerning Rangers Retail.

So guys here's the scenario. It's 2016. You're making next to zilch on a contract that runs to 2023/4, even if you give notice now, that should be making us millions every year. They have a right to match at the end of that deal, which could mean the resetting of the 7 year notice period. Your supporters are boycotting so you need to buy the kit that they don't sell at higher than retail price and they won't stop, even if you could speak to them or wanted to due to gagging orders, and your lawyers say that they can't see a legal way out of it. Do you sit and do nothing or do you use the power of the boycott to at least force a better deal that brings in much more income in the meantime, and a much better chance of freeing ourselves in future?

Aye that's what I thought.

"But but but King signed this deal, not the spivs" Yawn!!!!

Back