Rangers take Elite to court

Just one question actually - is the £2.8m last season's sales? This season's? An instalment?

If we're only getting £2.8m a year from merchandise sales it's hardly worth the bother.

Nothing new in this that changes anything from the previous thread.

Elite were withholding for fear of breaking the injunction, as SDI were claiming that Rangers receiving money from Elite wasn’t allowed under the injuction. Court ruled that Elite paying paying Rangers wasn’t against the injunction, and payment could be made.

Now, obviously Elite withholding payment is a breach of the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract. (Even if it was done for the right reasons, eg. to stop Rangers getting in bother for breach of the injuction) and as I said before, a bit of guesswork on my part, but I’d assume two companies simply can’t pay each other £2.8m. A bit of due process is required, there fore, as it’s technically a breach of contract, Rangers are taking Elite to court. Exactly as our statement says, for breaching the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract

I did presume this would happen at the start and said as far as my knowledge goes, Elite have the money and will pay willingly. That is still my understanding.

Until Elite refuse to pay or try to fight this in court, then I’ll concede my defence of them.

However, I’m sorry ID10, no disrespect as a I know your info is normally spot on, but if your previous posts, suggesting we should boycott and Elite are bad guys, aswell as today’s “I told you so” posts, were all in-fact based solely on your knowledge that Rangers planned to sue Elite for this money. Then you are way off with this one. Unless you have proof Elite intend not to pay, then I still maintain your scaremongering and vague rumour starting was unjust. As even, I, someone who is putting up a defence of Elite and opposing your view, fore saw that Rangers would probably need to take Elite to court.

This.

Yeah mate so when we signed Kenny Miller for the second time that meant that us and Celtic are basically the same team.

It isn't a coincidence, no. It is entirely likely that two people who understand sports goods retailing now happen to work for another company.
I think you need to be aware that @ID10 did warn us about this.
He has posted in this thread and if he tells me that Elite are screwing Rangers over because Fatso has done a deal with them, then I will believe that.
I have always suspected that Fatso wants to put Rangers out of business and this is personal against the club for having the temerity to stop him taking us over and raping us even more.
No kit buying for me.

Elite were withholding for fear of breaking the injunction, as SDI were claiming that Rangers receiving money from Elite wasn’t allowed under the injuction. Court ruled that Elite paying paying Rangers wasn’t against the injunction, and payment could be made.

Now, obviously Elite withholding payment is a breach of the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract. (Even if it was done for the right reasons, eg. to stop Rangers getting in bother for breach of the injuction) and as I said before, a bit of guesswork on my part, but I’d assume two companies simply can’t pay each other £2.8m. A bit of due process is required, there fore, as it’s technically a breach of contract, Rangers are taking Elite to court. Exactly as our statement says, for breaching the Rangers/Elite/Hummel contract

I did presume this would happen at the start and said as far as my knowledge goes, Elite have the money and will pay willingly. That is still my understanding.

Until Elite refuse to pay or try to fight this in court, then I’ll concede my defence of them.

However, I’m sorry ID10, no disrespect as a I know your info is normally spot on, but if your previous posts, suggesting we should boycott and Elite are bad guys, aswell as today’s “I told you so” posts, were all in-fact based solely on your knowledge that Rangers planned to sue Elite for this money. Then you are way off with this one. Unless you have proof Elite intend not to pay, then I still maintain your scaremongering and vague rumour starting was unjust. As even, I, someone who is putting up a defence of Elite and opposing your view, fore saw that Rangers would probably need to take Elite to court.

That doesn’t make any sense though.

once the court say payment can be made, the finance teams get together and agree when it is paid, Rangers going to court is the last resort, and it isn’t one that you take lightly.

Elite will have had multiple correspondence from rangers Finance team, I would imagine Directors have then contacted elite and they have refused to make payment.

You don’t go to court to get payment when the other party is willing to pay.

if elite are going to pay willingly, it doesn’t get near rangers taking this step.

I think you need to be aware that @ID10 did warn us about this.
He has posted in this thread and if he tells me that Elite are screwing Rangers over because Fatso has done a deal with them, then I will believe that.
I have always suspected that Fatso wants to put Rangers out of business and this is personal against the club for having the temerity to stop him taking us over and raping us even more.
No kit buying for me.

I don’t think that was said though? All we know is that 2 people who used to work for SDI now work for Elite. That’s my point. There’s no evidence of anything else.

It is not in the realms of conspiracy for someone to move employers.

Some of the decisions taken by the board makes me wonder whether there’s individuals trying to deliberately cripple us as a favour for Lawell and his cronies, Blair, Robertson must now walk

Clearly fatty has some hold or deal with Elite. This is shameful from a reputable company. My question would be who set this up and what background was carried out? It seems that we lurch from one disaster to another.

I'm going to jump in quickly here:

We don't know why Elite are withholding.

Someone who knows the details needs to let us know. Arguably, they may be withholding as they do not want to be sued by SDI, not to screw over Rangers (which is what some will immediately jump to).

Nobody knows though.

Edit:

Also, the only 'evidence' that Elite and SDI are linked is that two former SDI employees now work for Elite.
You don’t take someone who is cooperating to court. They are at it, no two ways about it.

Elite were not in fear of breaking the injunction, they were hiding behind the injunction.
if they were going to pay they would have after the court order.
They obviously haven’t paid and have no intention of paying so we are suing them.
The club cant come out and say don’t buy strips or we would be in breach of our obligations so this is making clear to our support as early as possible that if you buy from Elite, the club won’t be getting a penny from them.

I don’t think that was said though? All we know is that 2 people who used to work for SDI now work for Elite. That’s my point. There’s no evidence of anything else.

It was clearly implied and it was implied deliberately without any doubt whatsoever.
@ID10 you would be doing to support a service if you could make it clear to people like Mr @a_weir that we are looking at a stitch up by the fat man.
It’s important that people don’t buy kit as money is not getting back to the club from what I understand from previous posts.

If they were willing to pay then we wouldn’t be taking them to court. Especially after a judge ruling we can be paid.

Take your head out the sand.

once the court say payment can be made, the finance teams get together and agree when it is paid, Rangers going to court is the last resort, and it isn’t one that you take lightly.

Elite will have had multiple correspondence from rangers Finance team, I would imagine Directors have then contacted elite and they have refused to make payment.

if elite are going to pay willingly, it doesn’t get near rangers taking this step.

I don’t presume to know how business work mate, I’ve said from the start my opinion is based purely on my own understanding and knowledge.
But my logic is that the legal teams can’t simply get together and agree to pay as Elite have technically breached the contract. Rangers need to claim the courts for this breach of contract. I suppose settling out of court is always an option but assume maybe not in this case just to keep it regulated and above board? Again, I don’t know, but as I said, until Elite officially say “we aren’t paying” then I will hold off on lumping them as the bad guys.

As i said in another thread. I expect Elite to go into admin and we get pennies in the pound and SDI will swoop in and take over
i hope Rangers have ring-fenced 4m so as we get our money.hopefully this was done when we raised court action.if it wasnt questions should be asked as its happened to us in the past.

Even allowing for any rights and wrongs, they are far too small and incapable of handling our requirements. Another short sighted contract
This in buckets.

They are absolute tinpot and have been shite with the supply chain and distribution.

Do we ever do any due diligence??!!

Really is mate. We don't know if we should continue buying or what.

It's genuinely likely that Elite will be withholding to protect themselves from SDI (with plans to pay when the whole thing is sorted), but that the club need the money now.

Equally, Elite withholding money and Rangers taking them to court, could be a strategy to allow Elite to look more neutral in the SDI litigation.

I think we should hold fire until we see how 'well' Elite defend this in court.

All hypothetical!

If your correct the legal action being found in Rangers favour could protect Elite from any SD action.

Unlikely, but the SD stuff could be a coincidence and Elite just don't have the money or are just stalling to pay. I'm amazed how often I come across this on a day to day basis with companies big and small

Just what we need, more day’s in court.

What an absolute shitshow. A never ending one at that.

If they were willing to pay then we wouldn’t be taking them to court. Especially after a judge ruling we can be paid.

Take your head out the sand.

my head isn’t in the sand mate, thanks for the concern though.
Im just not jumping to conclusions based on limited info, and as stated in the previous thread, I have a vested interest and (albeit also limited) info which apposes ID10’s stance.

I’ve no need to say anything else on this to be honest

you are free to make up your own mind

That’s understandable mate. I’m not meaning to get into a personal squabble with you. We can only go on what we’re being told from above eh?
If the day does ever come where Elite do officially refuse to pay, or dispute the payment or try to defend this claim, I will hold my hands up and apologise.
I just don’t think the day will come, and I hope for all our sake I’m right.

I don’t presume to know how business work mate, I’ve said from the start my opinion is based purely on my own understanding and knowledge.
But my logic is that the legal teams can’t simply get together and agree to pay as Elite have technically breached the contract. Rangers need to claim the courts for this breach of contract. I suppose settling out of court is always an option but assume maybe not in this case just to keep it regulated and above board? Again, I don’t know, but as I said, until Elite officially say “we aren’t paying” then I will hold off on lumping them as the bad guys.

I have went through suing for payment before, and the first thing a decent lawyer does is try to come to an agreement with the other party, our lawyers offered 5% less payment, offered them to stagger payments (this was for a few grand).

so for Rangers to get to the stage of court action, this has been going for a long time, with the end result being Elite showing no signs of either having the money to pay, or being willing to pay.

Even if the court go in our favour here it isn’t then that the money just appears, the club will need to get money ringfenced at the very least.

yeah all good points mate.
But as others have posted, perhaps going to court gives Elite protection from SDI as they are being forced to pay.
No one knows the ins and outs, I’m obv trying to keep a level head and put what I know and what I’ve been told, together with what the club are saying, and come up with a logical conclusion.

As i said in another thread. I expect Elite to go into admin and we get pennies in the pound and SDI will swoop in and take over

Yep. And we’re left to pick up our legal costs regardless of the judgment in court. Fatties MO all over it. He also hoovers up stock and other assets for a pittance and gets to renegotiate landlord agreements.

Staff f*cked over as it’ll be just before they are due to be paid. Suppliers f*cked over as it’ll be after the maximum number of deliveries of stock are received and before payments due on invoices. Rangers f*cked over as all payments due are suspended and we get pennies in the pound.

Surely there’s some legal mechanism to get assets and bank accounts arrested/frozen rather than just transferred over in some pre-pack admin scam?

Look out for Duff & Phelps as administrators. :rolleyes:

yeah all good points mate.
But as others have posted, perhaps going to court gives Elite protection from SDI as they are being forced to pay.
No one knows the ins and outs, I’m obv trying to keep a level head and put what I know and what I’ve been told, together with what the club are saying, and come up with a logical conclusion.

This is a unique situation so I might be wrong.

I’ll also add the financial aspect, this will cost at least high 5 figures each, why would you spend that if you both agree on the payment

Did Ashley not put two directors on the Rangers board, as well as 5 cripples into the Rangers team from Newcastle Utd?

Did Ashley not put two directors on the Rangers board, as well as 5 cripples into the Rangers team from Newcastle Utd?

I’m talking about Elite so not sure where you’re coming from. Ashley did that because he owned shares and could do that.

I’m talking about Elite so not sure where you’re coming from. Ashley did that because he owned shares and could do that.

Sorry if I've got a bit confused in all of this, the point I was alluding to is Ashley likes to have his men in place when he targets a business, a company or a football club to screw over.

Back