Rangers take Elite to court

Yeah sorry mate, not meaning to put words in your mouth. I know your careful with what you post.
Only thing I would add, which is the basis of our opposing arguments. Is that the money spent in Elite hasn’t reached Rangers, YET. I’m still hopeful that it will, with little or less (further) fuss.
Anyway, I’ve said my bit, understand people don’t agree, which they are well within their rights to do. All we can do now is wait and see the next bit of info, or hopefully, an outcome which is positive, most importantly for the club.
Has Ashley anything to do with Elite ?

If the club didn’t want to heap pressure on Elite to pay up why did they release a statement on taking court action?
We haven’t made statements when we initiated previous court actions.
This statement was designed to tell Elite to pay up quickly because Rangers fans won’t keep lining your pockets until you do.

Every fucking deal we enter into no matter how positive appears to be toxic and full of underlying questionable characters somewhere in the background.

Sick of it.

If the club didn’t want to heap pressure on Elite to pay up why did they release a statement on taking court action?
We haven’t made statements when we initiated previous court actions.
This statement was designed to tell Elite to pay up quickly because Rangers fans won’t keep lining your pockets until you do.
You’re absolutely right. It could not be clearer and I don’t understand people on this thread who are trying to cast doubt on the reality.
Maybe they have some financial interest with Elite/SD?

folks might not like this but we may be forced to deal with SDI , merch is an important income steam and although unpalatable SDI making money from us is . The funds are essential

Not to my knowledge.
Have you got an interest in Elite/SD? It is starting to sound like it.
If Rangers don’t have a real problem getting that money, then why are they going to court and making a public announcement about their decision to do so?
Can you answer that?

If Rangers don’t have a real problem getting that money, then why are they going to court and making a public announcement about their decision to do so?
Can you answer that?
The idea that this is some legality we have to go through to get our money is ridiculous, they're refusing to give it to us

Can you answer that?

My interest is that I work in the shop mate. I’ve stated this on previous threads.
I can’t answer that mate, I’m not part of an Elite/SD conspiracy, and I’m not privy to any in depth business info of SD, Elite or Rangers. As explained, I’ve been told Elite aren’t involved with Ashley, that they have the money, and intend to pay. That’s it. That’s all I know, and all I claim to know.

We are rank amateurs when coming to merchandise deals.

For those saying that Elite are good guys blah blah blah. They have been told to pay. Litigation has started so the only winner here is lawyers as the legal fees will be significant.

Clearly they do not think they have to pay or have a reason to avoid it.

Whatever is happening it's a shit show.

My interest is that I work in the shop mate. I’ve stated this on previous threads.
I can’t answer that mate, I’m not part of an Elite/SD conspiracy, and I’m not privy to any in depth business info of SD, Elite or Rangers. As explained, I’ve been told Elite aren’t involved with Ashley, that they have the money, and intend to pay. That’s it. That’s all I know, and all I claim to know.

If they intend to pay then it wouldn't be at this point.

Our ability to deal with endless charlatans speaks volumes about our due diligence. Lots of us warned this kit screw up would cost us millions. It looks like they were right. Add another layer of scunnered to the cake.
It feels like we don't conduct proper due diligence or any at all. It's embarrassing.

We need fresh people on to the board as soon as possible.

Fair enough.
I was not aware you worked in the shop.
But it should be no surprise people are rightly boycotting sales to Elite as the money is clearly not getting back to the club.
The club would not be suing them otherwise.
Whoever is telling you what they have told you clearly does not have the full facts.

History repeating?

2006 Rangers sign deal with JJB Sports
2007 Chris Ronnie (friend of Mike Ashley) buys Dave Whelan's shares.
2009 JJB Sports in trouble. Ashley buys Chris Ronnie's shares. Ronnie under investigation for fraud.
2012 JJB Sports go into administration.

'Lacklustre management'

From Mr Whelan's point of view, he has publicly blamed the various bosses who have led JJB since he left the company.

Bryan Roberts, retail insight director at Kantar Retail, agrees with him.

Mr Roberts said: "Since Mr Whelan departed, the company has been run into the ground by lacklustre management teams.

"It has been out muscled by Sports Direct, and has had to borrow money from its shareholders just to stay afloat."

And now, after administrators were appointed at JJB, Sports Direct has acquired 20 of its stores, the brand and the website.

The remaining stores will be closed, leading to about 2,200 workers losing their jobs.

Chris Ronnie was the son of a Scots' journalist who worked in the Manchester area.

Chris Ronnie served time for his part in the JJB con.

Nobody has ever been able to identify Ronnie's leanings.

I often wonder if our shafting were somehow part of his reward from Ashley.

Ok so here’s my theory which is drink infused.

Elite being to bad guys doesn’t make any sense to me. I presume they have signed up to the 10 year leases on the shops off their own backs so to not pay us doesn’t make any sense. Unless Fat Mike has got to them.

After the injunction was lifted and they were free to pay us we asked them to hold off, we then terminate the contract on basis of non payment - they are aware of the plan here.

We now go back to market and offer tenders for which a new company containing the guys from elite appear offering massive upfront payments, we then offer sports direct the chance to match making the existing court case null and void, they won’t match due to the massive upfront payments as they know we won’t buy from them.

I will be changing my avi to columbo if this comes to fruition if not we need never speak of this again! Ha ha.

So from our clubs perspective where should we be buying all our Rangers gear from?

Should we stop buying it ? We need clear information about what to do.

Ok so here’s my theory which is drink infused.

Elite being to bad guys doesn’t make any sense to me. I presume they have signed up to the 10 year leases on the shops off their own backs so to not pay us doesn’t make any sense. Unless Fat Mike has got to them.

After the injunction was lifted and they were free to pay us we asked them to hold off, we then terminate the contract on basis of non payment - they are aware of the plan here.

We now go back to market and offer tenders for which a new company containing the guys from elite appear offering massive upfront payments, we then offer sports direct the chance to match making the existing court case null and void, they won’t match due to the massive upfront payments as they know we won’t buy from them.

I will be changing my avi to columbo if this comes to fruition if not we need never speak of this again! Ha ha.
We are not that clever and Fat Mike would smell a rat and have us and Elite in court for years!!

So from our clubs perspective where should we be buying all our Rangers gear from?

Should we stop buying it ? We need clear information about what to do.
I don’t think it could be clearer. By making the announcement that we are suing Elite for not handing over money from sales of merchandise means the club is clearly telling us not to give Elite any more money

I seriously cannot be arsed with this.

Has anyone in our club got balls? From shitshow deals to the media, are the Board really who they say they are? Yes they've done lots, but behind the scenes the dignified silence is deafening;
Nothing speaks volumes more than when these bombshells are dropped.

‘All will become clear very soon’ was the quote on Twitter from Mark underwood one of the directors from elite in reply to one of our fans. He’s at @UnderferwoodMark if anyone wants search for it.

I seriously cannot be arsed with this.

Has anyone in our club got balls? From shitshow deals to the media, are the Board really who they say they are? Yes they've done lots, but behind the scenes the dignified silence is deafening;
Nothing speaks volumes more than when these bombshells are dropped.
King etc came in and 'saved us' - and that was great - but I have not been overly impressed by too much else. They got lucky when McInnes shat the bed.

When King moves on it is a great opportunity to have a reshuffle and get some fresh personnel on board. People with a more dynamic outlook and approach. We desperately need it.

This is more soul destroying than anything that can happen on the pitch.

There are people absolutely determined to stop us operating like any other normal football club

‘All will become clear very soon’ was the quote on Twitter from Mark underwood one of the directors from elite in reply to one of our fans. He’s at @UnderferwoodMark if anyone wants search for it.
My interpretation of that is that he was stalling for time.
I suspect that he will be running for the hills ‘very soon’

We are not that clever and Fat Mike would smell a rat and have us and Elite in court for years!!

probably a bit far fetched. I’m working on the presumption it won’t be elite but a new company with the new guys.elite folds due to the outstanding amount. If only it was that easy!

This is the 2nd year with Elite,they obviously paid up in the 1st year or we would have heard about it,so it looks like something or someone has spooked them recently as in they have got into bed with fat boy?

probably a bit far fetched. I’m working on the presumption it won’t be elite but a new company with the new guys.elite folds due to the outstanding amount. If only it was that easy!
Fat Mike has been pulling stunts like that off for years and can see them 1,000,000 miles away.
What is far more likely it is that Fat Mike has done a deal with the guys from elite who are going to fold the company and the fat one is going to buy it back for a pound.
The directors will trouser a fortune, Rangers will never see that money and Fat Mike will have another chance to delay kit sales and strangle revenue.

Fat Mike has been pulling stunts like that off for years and can see them 1,000,000 miles away.
What is far more likely it is that Fat Mike has done a deal with the guys from elite who are going to fold the company and the fat one is going to buy it back for a pound.
The directors will trouser a fortune, Rangers will never see that money and Fat Mike will have another chance to delay kit sales and strangle revenue.
If it folds and fat Mike buys it for a pound how could the directors trouser a fortune?

King etc came in and 'saved us' - and that was great - but I have not been overly impressed by too much else. They got lucky when McInnes shat the bed.

When King moves on it is a great opportunity to have a reshuffle and get some fresh personnel on board. People with a more dynamic outlook and approach. We desperately need it.
The lassie Dempster from Hibs for one .

My mum got me a jacket for Christmas, it didn't arrive until after I got back to Gozo.

Just message sher and said to return and keep the money for herself, don't want to be wearing something my mum got me and it turns out none of the money she spent went to the club.

Fucking sick of this shite.

It feels like we don't conduct proper due diligence or any at all. It's embarrassing.

We need fresh people on to the board as soon as possible.
If you add the shitshow re the memorial, it tells you that we continually screw up. I have no faith in this boards ability to make good decisions. The list is endless.

Last edited:
Back