Rangers take Elite to court

If you add the shot show re the memorial, it tells you that we continually screw up. I have no faith in this boards ability to make good decisions. The list is endless.
I agree mate. It's not the done thing in here to be critical of King and the board, but I feel they have been poor in many areas. So much room for improvement. So much.

If it folds and fat Mike buys it for a pound how could the directors trouser a fortune?
Have you never heard of unpayable directors loans???
The directors borrow the money and runoff into the sunset as that is their reward.

If elite are breaking their side if the deal to the tune of 3million quid, why is commenting on the situation to fans always clouded in a confidentiality agreement. Surely that’s null and void when they renege on the contract? Who the duck signs these deals.

Forget the rumours (which you are big enough to decide for yourself)

This is absolute FACT

Rangers have chased Elite for months for money
They hid behind the Injunction
Now Rangers got that lifted it’s been blanket silence & refusals
Now we are taking court action against them to recover it

Any money YOU spend in shops or giving to Elite they are not giving to our club
(whatever motive you think they have)

That’s the facts

Think about where you are spending your money very carefully

Absolutely gutted about this. I will be back in Glasgow next month for the first time in a few years and was looking forward to going into the Rangers shop.

‘All will become clear very soon’ was the quote on Twitter from Mark underwood one of the directors from elite in reply to one of our fans. He’s at @UnderferwoodMark if anyone wants search for it.
A director posted that in the midst of legal action? Really?

Is there anything in this that could actually be a ploy by the club and elite to ensure the club get the money and it’s not stopped by an injunction by Ashley?

elite seem to be close to Hummel and by all accounts we have a decent relationship with them. By Rangers looking as they have had to put sure the money through the court would that ensure that it couldn’t be stopped by Ashley?

I know I’m plucking at straws perhaps and trying to find a positive.

what could the club do next? Can we just start selling our own stock and face up to what happens in court?

Is there anything in this that could actually be a ploy by the club and elite to ensure the club get the money and it’s not stopped by an injunction by Ashley?

elite seem to be close to Hummel and by all accounts we have a decent relationship with them. By Rangers looking as they have had to put sure the money through the court would that ensure that it couldn’t be stopped by Ashley?

what could the club do next? Can we just start selling our own stock and face up to what happens in court?
No. Please read earlier posts.

My interest is that I work in the shop mate. I’ve stated this on previous threads.
I can’t answer that mate, I’m not part of an Elite/SD conspiracy, and I’m not privy to any in depth business info of SD, Elite or Rangers. As explained, I’ve been told Elite aren’t involved with Ashley, that they have the money, and intend to pay. That’s it. That’s all I know, and all I claim to know.
Not taking sides here, as I can see a potential scenario, however unlikely, where Rangers could secretly be in cahoots with Elite, but publically need to be 'in dispute' legally. Such is the quagmire that SDI have created around us.

But you must admit, if your bosses are really at it, then they aren't going to tell you and instead are going to feed you a line, which might be what you're repeating on here. Reading your posts I think you're well aware of this though but at the moment need to give them the benefit of the doubt and I understand that.

However there's one thing that's bothering me. I remember in the orignal thread you said you were told there would be a statement from Elite released soon. I've been waiting on it ever since. As far as I'm aware this hasn't transpired and that must be a worry to us all. If they lied about that... And even if they've given you excuses since for their silence, ie legal reasons preventing them, then still, it's not exactly trust inducing is it?

Ultimately though, even if what you've been told is right and there's no real battle going on here, it's seems that both sides will need to keep up the appearances that there is one, which is going to mean your shop and the business taking one hell of a hit, reputationally and financially. Because people are generally just not going to buy until it's fully resolved. Simple as that. So it's not looking good either way.

Anyway, just to be clear. Not getting at you at all. You and the rest of the guys in the shop deserve all our support and I appreciate all the information you've given us, as I do @ID10's. Just summarising what I think the present position is for a lot of us, given the info available.

I know what you mean. Fat Mike pulling the strings might show a judge or underline to a judge just how toxic our relationship with Fat Mike is.
If only this was the case.
I just think the fat Chunt is just 3 steps ahead now, most of the time.

Let's see who represents Elite in the courts, might give a clue to who's behind the refusal to pass what's owiing over to Rangers?

Last edited:
No. Please read earlier posts.

ive read the earlier posts and I don’t see nothing particularly concrete.

the club need to be more transparent, fee up with the club saying nothing and reason being legal reasons. We are involved in a legal battle anyway why not just take the risk and expose it all

Hummel made quite a big play for our business.

What's their view of a major distributor causing grief with a marquee customer?

that’s the thing I was getting at. Hummel seem pretty close to Elite as if their businesses are intrinsically linked, Hummel as you said made a huge play to get the clubs business and abbiosly get the naming rights etc. Are they then also involved with some dirty tricks with the club? Has SD got to them too?

that’s the thing I was getting at. Hummel seem pretty close to Elite as if their businesses are intrinsically linked, Hummel as you said made a huge play to get the clubs business and abbiosly get the naming rights etc. Are they then also involved with some dirty tricks with the club? Has SD got to them too?

The Elite Group's website is still under construction. meanwhile Hummel's website only has last years home and away kits for sale at £42 a pop.

This strikes me as odd. If they were concerned by the SD judgements, why have any kits for sale, reduced or otherwise?

I'm sure when the deal with Hummel was announced we were splashed all over their website.

My interest is that I work in the shop mate. I’ve stated this on previous threads.
I can’t answer that mate, I’m not part of an Elite/SD conspiracy, and I’m not privy to any in depth business info of SD, Elite or Rangers. As explained, I’ve been told Elite aren’t involved with Ashley, that they have the money, and intend to pay. That’s it. That’s all I know, and all I claim to know.
[/QUOTE/QUOTE]
So who told you that theyre willing to pay? Was it a high up manager, or was it the check out girl with the big tits?
Youve said yourself youre not privy to any info.
Dont take this the wrong way but im sure im not alone in thinking you might be at it. Or worse, from the dark side or even a plant.
So who told you that theyre willing to pay? Was it a high up manager, or was it the check out girl with the big tits?
Dont take this the wrong way but im sure im not alone in thinking you might be at it. Or worse, from the dark side or even a plant.

I doubt many clubs could fight off Mash from the scenario we were in.

We are under full scale attack.
UNDER FULL SCALE ATTACK....is the best description I have heard to put the whole thing into perspective, everybody and anybody is putting the boot in, in any form or capacity available to them ! The hatred and vitriol aimed at our club is beyond comprehension, but we shall rise and overcome them.

UNDER FULL SCALE ATTACK....is the best description I have heard to put the whole thing into perspective, everybody and anybody is putting the boot in, in any form or capacity available to them ! The hatred and vitriol aimed at our club is beyond comprehension, but we shall rise and overcome them.

How? Sports Direct have us over a barrel.

This is absolutely outrageous.

If my reading of all of this is correct, our original contract with the fat slug, where we got a few pennies in the pound, would run out this year or next. We would then have been free to do whatever we wanted. We now have, thanks to some absolute genius at the club, a contract with them which forces us to allow them to match any contract we negotiate with anyone else, this making it very difficult to break free from them without negotiating a contract which is very detrimental to us.We have tried to bypass this with this Elite nonsense, and instead of receiving pennies in the pound we have received literally nothing but have huge lawyers bills instead. That means instead of receiving maybe £1m per year we’re now paying out £2-3m per year. Worse still, there is no realistic possibility of this being concluded any time soon. It will go on and on and on for years to come, depriving us of a vital revenue stream and actually costing us money instead.

If I’m right then heads should roll - but they won’t. Whoever is responsible for this has sold us down the river big time and has done (and will continue to do) huge damage. It is gross incompetence and proof that there are people on the board who are utterly unfit for office.

This is absolutely outrageous.

If my reading of all of this is correct, our original contract with the fat slug, where we got a few pennies in the pound, would run out this year or next. We would then have been free to do whatever we wanted. We now have, thanks to some absolute genius at the club, a contract with them which forces us to allow them to match any contract we negotiate with anyone else, this making it very difficult to break free from them without negotiating a contract which is very detrimental to us.We have tried to bypass this with this Elite nonsense, and instead of receiving pennies in the pound we have received literally nothing but have huge lawyers bills instead. That means instead of receiving maybe £1m per year we’re now paying out £2-3m per year. Worse still, there is no realistic possibility of this being concluded any time soon. It will go on and on and on for years to come, depriving us of a vital revenue stream and actually costing us money instead.

If I’m right then heads should roll - but they won’t. Whoever is responsible for this has sold us down the river big time and has done (and will continue to do) huge damage. It is gross incompetence and proof that there are people on the board who are utterly unfit for office.
The deal with Ashley was never running out.

The deal with Ashley was never running out.
My understanding was that it was originally a 7 or 8 year deal which gave us virtually nothing but was at least finite? It was then renegotiated to the mess we have now which gives them the opportunity to match anyone else. Is that not correct?

My understanding was that it was originally a 7 or 8 year deal which gave us virtually nothing but was at least finite? It was then renegotiated to the mess we have now which gives them the opportunity to match anyone else. Is that not correct?

My understanding is after the 7 years he would have been able to tie us is for another 7.

Any pics?

I thought in the last case the judge said it was okay to pay the money. Are they deliberately with holding it now? So much for all the ITK posters that said they were just waiting on the last judgement. It reeks.

My understanding is after the 7 years he would have been able to tie us is for another 7.
Jesus Christ on a bike, if that’s the case then the spivs were even worse than I thought (if that’s possible) and makes the current fcuk ups with Elite slightly less worse.

I thought in the last case the judge said it was okay to pay the money. Are they deliberately with holding it now? So much for all the ITK posters that said they were just waiting on the last judgement. It reeks.
The judge said Rangers would not face any penalties for receiving it. I think.
Which is totally different.

This whole retail situation is a head fry. Does anyone really actually know what's fully going on?

Just want it all to end.

Jesus Christ on a bike, if that’s the case then the spivs were even worse than I thought (if that’s possible) and makes the current fcuk ups with Elite slightly less worse.

A conviction under the Companies Act for dereliction of their fiduciary duties as directors and for essentially making decisions which were in the best interests of themselves and their business associates (pockets) rather than the company they were running was an open goal for the PF’s office. Surprise surprise they made an utter a*se of it and the spivs walked off into the sunset £millions better off and with their pal fat mike with the ability to continue to hoover money out of the club.

Im convinced a group of law students would’ve done a better job in getting us some redress and even some of the money back.

No need for the attitude mate. I’ve been more than fair in this thread, being respectful to those who disagree, I’d appreciate the same!
Don’t speak to me as if I’m some silly wee boy who takes the word of “a check out girl with big tits” and posts it as gospel.
In much the same way as ID10 passes on info in good faith, I’ve done the same with what I’ve been told. Just because I hold an apposing argument, doesn’t mean that I’m a plant or a tim, trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons.
You are well within your rights to disagree with me, but don’t attack me for the message I’m passing on cheers.

No need for the attitude mate. I’ve been more than fair in this thread, being respectful to those who disagree, I’d appreciate the same!
Don’t speak to me as if I’m some silly wee boy who takes the word of “a check out girl with big tits” and posts it as gospel.
In much the same way as ID10 passes on info in good faith, I’ve done the same with what I’ve been told. Just because I hold an apposing argument, doesn’t mean that I’m a plant or a tim, trying to set the cat amongst the pigeons.
You are well within your rights to disagree with me, but don’t attack me for the message I’m passing on cheers.
Ok then, fair enough.
Did your info come from high up?

Ok then, fair enough.
Did your info come from high up?
Came from Superiors in the company mate yeah. As we are all Rangers fans in the shop and were as equally concerned. Assurances were made and I’m happy to wait and see the outcome. I have stated, that I know I’m at the bottom of the ladder and IF Ashely was involved then ofcourse I wouldn’t be told. But I do currently believe the guys above me for what it’s worth.

Don’t think anyone on here knows for a fact but that was the talk going around. No denying it’s a complete clusterfu*k.

Came from Superiors in the company mate yeah. As we are all Rangers fans in the shop and were as equally concerned. Assurances were made and I’m happy to wait and see the outcome. I have stated, that I know I’m at the bottom of the ladder and IF Ashely was involved then ofcourse I wouldn’t be told. But I do currently believe the guys above me for what it’s worth.

I should imagine you feel very uncomfortable given you were assured as an employee that Elite would pay their bill and they clearly haven’t.

Nope. After the 7 year deal expired MASH still had same matching rights. Club renegiated to get more £ from same shit deal and hoped fans would suck it up and buy as usual.

Back