Rangers Tattoos

Bulletproof

I'm in my early 30s and thinking about a tatoo aswell.

Not entirely sure why, I wouldnt have entertained the idea in my 20s.

I was discussing it with a colleague this morning who just got his first last week...."the first 2 hours were fine but the third was agony" disturbs me slightly.

Also not entirely sure what the process is....the artist I looked at this morning discouraged sending a design in by email, saying you should bring it in to them on a piece of paper (and also specified not a picture on your phone).
Well that fills me with absolute dread as I'm booked in for a 4-6 hour tattoo appointment.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
I generally start falling asleep around the 3 hour mark mate. everyone's different. Some people chat, some people listen to music etc
They won't think you're being an ignorant twat then?

I struggle to get past the "You been busy?.....What time you on till?" with taxi drivers so several hours of small talk with a stranger would seem like the stuff of nightmares for me.

OohAhHuistra

I struggle to get past the "You been busy?.....What time you on till?" with taxi drivers so several hours of small talk with a stranger would seem like the stuff of nightmares for me.
Nah mate they won’t I put in my head phones during mine and don’t worry to much about it, it’s nerve wracking for first but it’s a bareable pain

swavgav

Totally agree mate, very dated amateurish style compared to some of today’s pieces.
It's a literal re-work of his dad's flash from the 1970s/80s. If you click onto his Insta page you can swipe along and see the original. It's meant to look like it came from that time period.
I've got 6 tattoos from Steven, ranging from Japanese sleeves and traditional flash. He's anything but amateur and is highly regarded throughout the industry.
Top guy and Rangers fan too!

ColinA

Got Rangers crest an Till I Die under it on my back,the guy who did it unbeknown to me was a tic fan he stuck the needle in further when my phone went and the tune was FOLLOW FOLLOW lol

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
Well that fills me with absolute dread as I'm booked in for a 4-6 hour tattoo appointment.
The longest I've sat was about 4 hours, getting a piece on my chest/sternum. It certainly wasn't comfortable, but I wouldn't say that the beginning was any easier than the end.

North East Bear

I'm getting a decent sized one tomorrow on my back.

First tattoo.. beginning to shit myself haha.
I thought my first couple of tattoos were fine and didn't really feel anything then booked in for a large back piece. Not to worry you or anything but my upper back one was pretty fcking uncomfortable:))

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be getting one of Steven Wrigley's Rangers designs once I get my finger out.

http://instagr.am/p/BmjfPQGnE2h/
For those dismissing these designs, they are cracking examples of Tradition Style tattoos, and a style that is very much in demand. They are not my cup of tea, I prefer Neo-Traditional, however to say they are less worthy than flashier tattoos is way off the mark.

You get what you like, not what you think others will like.

Rangerista

I'll be getting one of Steven Wrigley's Rangers designs once I get my finger out.

http://instagr.am/p/BmjfPQGnE2h/
Reminds me of the Friday night vow back in the Eighties, when we'd promise to meet the next morning at Terry's on the Gallowgate to get a Rangers tattoo. Needless to say we never did, and judging by those (I realise they're not by Terry, but his style), thank feck none of us did!

It took another 40 years for me to bite the bullet and get an 1880's style crest done.

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
Reminds me of the Friday night vow back in the Eighties, when we'd promise to meet the next morning at Terry's on the Gallowgate to get a Rangers tattoo. Needless to say we never did, and judging by those (I realise they're not by Terry, but his style), thank feck none of us did!

It took another 40 years for me to bite the bullet and get an 1880's style crest done.
The actual tattoos if you swipe across are Terry's

vinnie

Are the bottom two lines not in the wrong order?
I have that as wall art but mines is..

Bluenoses are born not manufactured

We do no choose we are chosen

Those who understand need no explanation.

Those who don't understand don't matter.

We Are The People

I really hope yours is the right way as i can bin mine and get another for 12 quid from ebay.
I’ve seen other “blue noses” using that text. I mean Everton, Chelsea and a few others.

I really like that though and refelects how I feel about being a Rangers fan.

Few years ago had the idea of having text paraphrased over an RFC crest.

I was instead of we are. Then the wife said, “why not try simply, born not manufactured” and I never revisited it. Got me thinking now mate.

JW1988

I think they know when you’re there for so long there’s only so much chit chat you can make tbh

change consent