Rangers Tattoos

Absolute stunner mate. It’s not obvious to me, so forgive me. What the thinking/meaning behind it?
It’s a remembrance tribute to an ancestor who was killed on 21 March 1918. He was serving with the 15th Battalion Royal Irish Rifles. That day the Germans pretty much threw the kitchen sink at the Western Front, it’s difficult to determine his time of death so I set the time on the pocket watch to the commencement of the artillery bombardment.

On the centenary of his death my family travelled to France and collected earth from where the Battalion was wiped out, a place called the Racecourse Redoubt. We then spread the earth over the family burial plot in Donegal.

He was 14 when he signed up and 19 when he was killed in action. That’s pretty much the short version of a long story but I didn’t want his sacrifice to be forgotten hence the tattoo :)

It’s a remembrance tribute to an ancestor who was killed on 21 March 1918. He was serving with the 15th Battalion Royal Irish Rifles. That day the Germans pretty much threw the kitchen sink at the Western Front, it’s difficult to determine his time of death so I set the time on the pocket watch to the commencement of the artillery bombardment.

On the centenary of his death my family travelled to France and collected earth from where the Battalion was wiped out, a place called the Racecourse Redoubt. We then spread the earth over the family burial plot in Donegal.

He was 14 when he signed up and 19 when he was killed in action. That’s pretty much the short version of a long story but I didn’t want his sacrifice to be forgotten hence the tattoo :)
Tremendous stuff

12-BB9-A28-5587-4-D52-BB94-FC5-A401480-FE.png

[/QUOTE
Now that is a a belter!! Love this

Not read through this thread but most people I know with Rangers tattoos would struggle to name 11 players and couldn’t find Ibrox
Do tend to agree with this especially where I’m about in Falkirk as I know half them couldn’t as they were at school with me and I’m saying that as someone with a Rangers tattoo haha

Cheers mate, tbh I bit off more than I could chew with it on a one day sitting. It was three 2hour sittings with 10mins break in between, plus a 2hour design stage....shaking like a shiting dog the last half hour!!! :)
I was the same , I had 5 hours straight only stopping for the odd fag . Agree , the last half hour is not pleasant :))
Post#33 on here

Superb mate!!! It’s a hard one because you want the tattoo finished on the one day but sometimes the skin after a long sitting is just f#cked and can’t take anymore!!!haha
:)) Totally agree mate , plus I'm in Killie and got my tattoo done in Montrose so , didn't fancy multiple 3 hour trips . So one sitting it was

Back