Rangers team to play vs Hibs

ibrox1975

At the risk of asking this a bit quickly

We need to rest some legs surely

............McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Davis..Aribo....Docherty
Ojo..Defoe...Arfield

This rests Jack, Jones and Morelos who all put in one heck of a shift.
Barisic back at left back for me, give him another run out to prove himself.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Halliday
Jack Davis Aribo
Arfield Jones
Morelos

This will be a tough game so wouldn't make too many changes.

He said he's going to make a few changes.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Halliday
Jack
Davis
Aribo
Ojo
Defoe
Stewart

Reactions: cav
We have to realise the effort tonight and who has played loads of minutes. We have a strong squad where we again can make 3-4 changes. I would go with this team

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic.... I wouldn’t change CBs
Halliday more attacking + JF just back

Kamara
Davis
Aribo - Arfield after 60/65

Ojo but possibly Docherty
Morelos - Defoe after 70 Dep on score
Jones

Means jack , Arfield who has a load of minutes get rested before Euro tie. Possibility to give a CB game time depending on score too

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmunson Halliday
Jack Davis Aribo
Stewart Ojo
Morelos

Rest JJ and SA for next weeks game against Midgetland. Katic I want fresh for them as well as he’s much needed to defend their direct style of play and I think edmunson can do a job against Hibs.

Need someone at LB who isn’t afraid to fly into tackles against Hibs who are always up for it against us and Barisic isn’t that guy. Would rest Flanagan for the return leg next week too though.

If we’re wanting to win the league we need to get off to a good start. A win is a must, no chance do we weaken our side for this game.

I’d have Davis back in for kamara and leave the rest as was tonight. We have strong option son the bench should we need fresh legs in the second half.

Why would we play Barisic in a game that is going to be a battle from start to finish.Halliday in If Flannigan is feeling leggy

I don't think Jones will be as effective against teams that blockade their defence. However, it should be said Hibs (in the past) actually try to play a bit of football against us so he could be in. Otherwise it would be Ojo with his tight control skills.

Gerrard himself said there will be 1 or 2 changes but hopes to keep a settled team.

Davis in for Kamara would be my only change.

"Possibly" a change at left back as we are at home and may not have to do as much defending.

The guys can get a rest next weekend when we play East Fife

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan
Jack Kamara Aribo
Ojo Morelos Jones

How many times did we beat hibs last season in 4 attempts ? Once .

This idea that we can rest the likes of Alfie for Sunday is not for me .

I’d be playing our strongest team and if we get 2:0 up or better, ring the changes with subs .

The league is the goal

I'd be tempted to rest Arfield, because quite frankly he looked knackered last night. Although there is the argument you play him on Sunday and rest him Thursday. Tricky one. Same team otherwise anyway. Seen a few folk suggesting changing the defence about, madness imo.

I'd go

Jack Davis Kamara
Jones Aribo
Morelos

He said he's going to make a few changes.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Halliday
Jack
Davis
Aribo
Ojo
Defoe
Stewart
^ This could be the correct line-up for me,in theory at least.Hivs are going to sit ten men behind the ball,we need to combat that with more guile in the team.

Unless its tactical change i'am always in favour of strongest team and that was a strong team last night.

Next week we’ve a 2 goal lead to defend, then East Fife. Plenty time for rest then. Morelos must start Sunday - Hibs need battered.

Back