Rangers, the EBT years

You do realise it was these EBTs have caused us all this grief, in the main, these last few years?

Be glad if I never heard term EBT again tbh.

Mate, the anti-Rangers loonys out there are still foaming at the mouth and setting up mental petitions to try and damage our club. Just laugh at them and hope it sends them finally over the edge. :)

Mate, the anti-Rangers loonys out there are still foaming at the mouth and setting mental petitions to try and damage our club. Just laugh at them and hope it sends them finally over the edge. :)

Let them.

If it wasn't EBTs it would be songs or ancient signing policies or any other stick they'd use to beat out their hatred.

Embracing or being jovial about the EBT aftermath is a throroughly crazy idea albeit i understand your reasonsing of attempting to secure ownership of it.

You do realise it was these EBTs have caused us all this grief, in the main, these last few years?

I know some folk see this as great banter but not for me either. And I hate the "up to our knees in EBT's" suggestion for the Billy Boys as well.

Let them.

If it wasn't EBTs it would be songs or ancient signing policies or any other stick they'd use to beat out their hatred.

Embracing or being jovial about the EBT aftermath is a throroughly crazy idea albeit i understand your reasonsing of attempting to secure ownership of it.

Us owning the EBT years is crucial and if we can use it rub it in to our many enemies, then all the better. :)

Us owning the EBT years is crucial and if we can use it rub it in to our many enemies, then all the better. :)

Again, I see the angle you're coming from and understand your intentions but I'm happy to concentrate on making our club better rather than using my energy to engage obsessives from other clubs.

Mate, the anti-Rangers loonys out there are still foaming at the mouth and setting up mental petitions to try and damage our club. Just laugh at them and hope it sends them finally over the edge. :)
Playing up to them only keeps it all relevant in their minds, our support should in no way get involved in anything to do with it.

Have to agree with you. I would like to see the bad publicity this brings to die away.

No point in it.
Tax avoidance is a big issue for certain other people at the moment. Let’s not deflect from their difficulties !

I know they weren't illegal and we used them to our advantage but I am not exactly bursting with pride at having used them,I would prefer too forget all about them and the man who used them to take us to the brink.

I’ve never and never will worry in the slightest what fans of any other scum club think about us. Irrelevant to me.

Ignore it and it will eventually fade away.
Yep, dignified silence has always stood us in good stead.

Get the merchandise out there to wind up our many haters still banging on about that time in our history. T-shirts, beanie hats, the lot. :) It might bring in a few quid to the club as well.
Seriously mate. The last 5 years have been a laugh a minute for our haters, mainly due to the EBT years, as you call them. And you think this idea wouldn't just increase their laughter. Lets focus on supporting our own Club and stopping making them relevant.

"It's crucial we own the EBT years".
Heard some right lunatic ideas on here over the years but this takes some beating.
Not t-shirts that some folk want but straightjackets......sponsored by the Murray group for good measure.:rolleyes:

As a result of EBT's Rangers history has been irrevocably destroyed.

We were never out of the top division before EBT's destroyed us. Now we've been as low as the lowest division.

We had to play in the Diddy Cup final and the diddy won.

We were almost an ever present in Europe. We were former winners and runners-up. Now we can't beat a team from Luxembourg.

Rangers players have represented Scotland more that any other club. Now we have very few internationalists.

We've lost to Annan and Peterhead at Ibrox. We lost to Alloa in a cup game after being two goals ahead.

We lost a cup final to Hibs who hadn't won it for over 100 years.

Celtic have taken five off us more times than I want to remember.

All of the above was a result of Murray introducing EBT's to Rangers.

Yes, I know we went into liquidation because of Whyte , but the EBT was the lightening rod that led to the Whyte takeover.

We have absolutely nothing to celebrate in EBT's. I wish to God I'd never heard of EBT's never mind be reminded of them.

We got zero out of EBT's except grief.

Seriously mate. The last 5 years have been a laugh a minute for our haters, mainly due to the EBT years, as you call them. And you think this idea wouldn't just increase their laughter. Lets focus on supporting our own Club and stopping making them relevant.

Laugh a minute for our haters ? They're still ragin', mate, to this day with their daft resolutions and petitions to strip titles and trophies. I've found that any mention of the EBT years triggers the Rangers haters into a frenzy more than anything.

We were never out of the top division before EBT's destroyed us. Now we've been as low as the lowest division.

We were almost an ever present in Europe. We were former winners and runners-up. Now we can't beat a team from Luxembourg.

Rangers players have represented Scotland more that any other club. Now we have very few internationalists.

We've lost to Annan and Peterhead at Ibrox. We lost to Alloa in a cup game after being two goals ahead.

Yes, I know we went into liquidation because of Whyte , but the EBT was the lightening rod that led to the Whyte takeover.

We have absolutely nothing to celebrate in EBT's. I wish to God I'd never heard of EBT's never mind be reminded of them.

I agree with this.

No offence, OP, but it's an idiotic suggestion.

We are where we are today – and the scum are where they are today, because of EBTs, and you want us to celebrate them?
While, we're at it, let's all get t-shirts of our great leader, Sir David.

good post...

Grim reading but a great post. And some want us to use EBTs as a "get it up you" to the yahoos :mad:

Back