Rangers To Play Arsenal In A Friendly

I think we're definitely getting some gold on next seasons home kit going by the recent output from the club.

My first ever Rangers game v Arsenal, 1968. A 2-2 draw, still got the programme and the itchy woollen scarf.
Remember being told to get my legs back over the trackside wall I was sitting on by the polis, to “protect“ them in case the ball hit them!
My dad lifting me back over, muttering something uncomplimentary about the polis, think he’d had a few!
Then the walk back to the wee ferry to Yorkhill St and back to my aunties on Argyll Street. Happy days

My first ever Rangers game v Arsenal, 1968. A 2-2 draw, still got the programme and the itchy woollen scarf.
Remember being told to get my legs back over the trackside wall I was sitting on by the polis, to “protect“ them in case the ball hit them!
My dad lifting me back over, muttering something uncomplimentary about the polis, think he’d had a few!
Then the walk back to the wee ferry to Yorkhill St and back to my aunties on Argyll Street. Happy days
I remember that great game as well. Was in the rattler end down the front at stairway 3 where my Gramps used to take me all the time as it was less busy.

One of my fondest memories was watching the great Charlie George and Alan Ball Arsenal side played at Ibrox in a friendly.

I was in the main stand with my now late father and I’m sure I remember Alan Ball doing the same sit in the ball that Willie Johnston used to do, right in front of the dugouts?

Our links with Arsenal go back over a century and I’ll definitely be at this one of fans are allowed in.

What I wouldn’t give to get our Arsenal shares back, though. An act of historical vandalism to sell those treasured artefacts. :(

Excellent. I was at the Centenary game all those years ago. Would be great if we had a full house allowed in for this one. Circa 60,000 in 1973.
Hawd on! You're a Rangers Granda and schooling the bears on RTV? Always appreciate you going out your way for fellow bears but from now on those questions are being vetted with much prejudice.

Was at the game in 1989.

Two great teams. Two great strips.

Think two of the Arsenal players are no longer with us (Rocastle & Davis).

Only remember it being cold and Lukic taking ages with the goal kicks

Back