Rangers to Qualify

4/5 was what we were before the 1st leg.

It looks about right to me, assuming Braga will be slight odds on to win the game.

We have a chance with their defence, but we'll miss Morelos. Jack coming in will steady things, but I'd be surprised if we go through. At least we kept our home record intact under SG.

Not a huge surprise - don't lose and we're through.

On Wednesday we were around 6/5 to qualify, Braga around 8/13 - and then just before kick off most bookies had it priced at 10/11 for both sides.

Not a huge movement, and the home advantage normally fluctuates odds - Braga are evens to win their home leg, meaning we are around 4/5 Double chance - where they get their odds from.

The only other outcome, where we can qualify is a 4-3/5-4 etc defeat - not going to happen.

We have a chance with their defence, but we'll miss Morelos. Jack coming in will steady things, but I'd be surprised if we go through. At least we kept our home record intact under SG.

All it takes to settle the nerves is a goal over there for us.

That makes it a completely different game and Braga have to chase the game and score two, leaving them open at the back where we all saw last night they are vulnerable.

I’m confident we’ll get at the very minimum a score draw over

We need to score, probably twice.

I make them favourites but the one thing Rangers under Steven Gerrard seem capable of doing is scoring away in Europe.

I don’t see us as favourites at all. We have given ourselves a chance, nothing more and we have it all to do.

But maybe, just maybe that last 30 minutes will be the turning point in the season that we have been screaming out for.

We will know in the first half on Sunday.

What were the odds on 3-2 last night?
I had a dream on 13th that we scored a late goal to win 3-2 and never got round to putting it on.

i really fancy us to qualify , our away form in europe is outstanding and although we will miss the Buff its time for someone else to step up to the mark so im going for a score draw en route to the final

I don't see us as favourites, but we've given ourselves a chance after been 2-0 down last night.

No way should we be favourites to qualify which does us no harm anyway.

We definitely need to score and hope one goal is enough.

Team done brilliantly to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 victory.
A 1-0 win would have been better but at least we know their defence can be got at.

Last edited:
I could see them scudding us over there. Equally, I could see it being a completely different game over there and us scoring 2 or 3. On balance, I won’t be parting with much of my hard earned backing us though.

What are people on , on this thread , we have the benefit of the draw and took 3 of them , Morelos could have had a hatrick FFS .

I know popular opinion is that “anything to nil” is a great result, I’ve posted exactly that, but, the way Braga play, I’m comfortable that we‘ll create chances.
So, I have a confidence today that I wouldn’t have had on Thursday afternoon if you’d offered me a 3-2 win.

I could see them scudding us over there. Equally, I could see it being a completely different game over there and us scoring 2 or 3. On balance, I won’t be parting with much of my hard earned backing us though.
I agree mate heads saying we could take a spanking but after last night you never now we will probably now if team has been lifted sunday or revert to crab football slow pish.but lets njoi just now well done gers last 20 last night.

Bert Kassies has tables showing approx a 44-51% chance of progression for teams who win first leg 3-2. But that was old tables up to 2008 and showing previous 10 years results and results with 50 match sample. I don’t have updated tables.

Had we lost 0-2 the chance of progression in these tables is 2%.

3-2 would normally leave the second leg a bit of a coin flip but you have to factor in the psychology of the situation where they've already won it once and given it away.

I think we're nearer 70% favourites, so I think the bookies are probably over-pricing us slightly

Lets not forget that Braga are dangerous. Proved that first half and had a few missed chances.

Saying that I hope we pump them. :))

The guy who scored their first will need to be closely marked as from the footage I've seen he likes a shot at goal plus has got skill to make space to cause us problems.

I understand betting isnt everything or important to people but often being favs means being slight favs or that bascially there is f all in it and the bookies cant call it.... like the odds above.

Its a 50/50 tie which for us is magic cos it looked as though we were heading out without even taking it to the 2nd leg.

I don’t see us as favourites at all. We have given ourselves a chance, nothing more and we have it all to do.

But maybe, just maybe that last 30 minutes will be the turning point in the season that we have been screaming out for.

We will know in the first half on Sunday.

Well we did find out in the first half on Sunday.

Back