Rangers transfer claim as Steven Gerrard 'sends delegate' to land Mostafa Mohamed

NDC bear forever

They are reportedly eyeing a shock move for Cairo giants Zamalek's 22-year-old striker.

• BY MARK WALKER
  • 10:37, 8 DEC 2019
Rangers are reportedly in talks to sign Mostafa Mohamed, one of the highest-rated young strikers in African football.

The Ibrox side look set to strengthen their squad next month when the transfer window opens and according to former Egyptian star Haytham Farouk the striker is a target for the Premiershipside.

They are reportedly eyeing a shock move for Cairo giants Zamalek's 22-year-old striker Mohamed to go along with Alfredo Morelosand Jermain Defoe.

Mohamed - who has already been capped twice by Egypt - won the top scorer award in the Under 23s African Cup of Nations last month as he helped his country win the trophy.

And that's alerted Steven Gerrard, who has already sent Rangersrepresentatives to meet Mohamed, according to former Feyenoord, Helsingborgs and Egypt international Farouk - who is now also a respected TV pundit in his homeland.

He said: "I know for a fact Mohamed has options in European football most notably from Glasgow Rangers.

"Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has already sent a delegate from his club to speak with him. They were attracted to him because of his performances in the Under 23s Cup of Nations.

"I think it would be a great move for him to go to a club like Rangers. It's important when he does move to European football he takes the right steps with the right club.

"I believe he is one of the exciting talents in African football right now, but until he gets his move, it's important he focuses on his form at Zamalek."

Need a proven striker imo. Someone with experience. Hope this lad comes good shall we get him though

You’d imagine he would be a “project” player who could develop while under not much pressure because Alfie and Defoe are banging in the goals

Could we? Our 2nd striker struggles for much game time.

A 3rd would get none.

I understand the point, particularly in relation to how we play.

First of all, I don’t ever think Rangers should be operating with just 2 out and out strikers.

Second of all, you’d have to imagine Morelos won’t be here next year and therefore I doubt very much we will replace him with someone quite as talismanic.
So yes, I think 3 different types of strikers is what we should be aiming for come July.

I thought we'd tightened up our own house.

Who's responsible for this Mostafa leak? :))

They are reportedly eyeing a shock move for Cairo giants Zamalek's 22-year-old striker.

• BY MARK WALKER
  • 10:37, 8 DEC 2019
Rangers are reportedly in talks to sign Mostafa Mohamed, one of the highest-rated young strikers in African football.

The Ibrox side look set to strengthen their squad next month when the transfer window opens and according to former Egyptian star Haytham Farouk the striker is a target for the Premiershipside.

They are reportedly eyeing a shock move for Cairo giants Zamalek's 22-year-old striker Mohamed to go along with Alfredo Morelosand Jermain Defoe.

Mohamed - who has already been capped twice by Egypt - won the top scorer award in the Under 23s African Cup of Nations last month as he helped his country win the trophy.

And that's alerted Steven Gerrard, who has already sent Rangersrepresentatives to meet Mohamed, according to former Feyenoord, Helsingborgs and Egypt international Farouk - who is now also a respected TV pundit in his homeland.

He said: "I know for a fact Mohamed has options in European football most notably from Glasgow Rangers.

"Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has already sent a delegate from his club to speak with him. They were attracted to him because of his performances in the Under 23s Cup of Nations.

"I think it would be a great move for him to go to a club like Rangers. It's important when he does move to European football he takes the right steps with the right club.

"I believe he is one of the exciting talents in African football right now, but until he gets his move, it's important he focuses on his form at Zamalek."
I prefer the way we've done our business on the quiet lately,not to keen on the we're in for this and that player,then someone moves in and takes them away from us.

Morelos is inevitably going to be sold at some point - probably this summer - so signing a promising young strikers can't be a bad thing.

However, Rangers immediate problems are in the defence, if there was extra cash floating around in the transfer kitty, I'd rather invest it in shoring up this area.

Let's be honest here. Alfie WILL be away in the summer. We need to get another proven goalscorer and he clealry fits the bill. His stock will only rise playing for us.

Should've been going for players like this when our troubles started in 2012 and tried to join the English leagues pyramid system.
Unfortunately that would never have happened.No decent prospect is going to the bottom tier league in Scotland and the spiv scum wouldn't spend the money to get them anyway.

Some of those goals from distance are crackers. Looks strong in the air too which is good to see.

Boy looks like he's going places. I love that he loves to shot from outside the box something we do not have at the moment. Is there really any chance we could get him?. I very much doubt it which is unfortunate and would be truly amazed if we did.

Looking at his video the boy can finish and has some strike from distance aswell if the fee was right I wouldn't be against this

El Camelo !
He looks very much like an 'Alfie' type striker. Strong, good in the air for his size and loves to take on a shot from distance. The comparison worries me as to whether he is seen as a replacement for Alfie.

Back