Rangers travel partner - Porto and beyond

Diego Maradona

Official Ticketer
I know there’s a TC thread in the lounge, but this is specifically about the Porto trip, and TCs subsequent role as the official travel partner.

If they are not bailed out, I assume the official trips to Porto will be cancelled? Will people be refunded immediately or will there be delays?

So many questions. What a mess.

No one has paid anything yet for the official trips yet so all is fine. Payment is only pending until they confirm who is actually booked on

Would you even be refunded in the event they go under?

Do the school trip payments go through Rangers?

Christ what a shambles. Administrators come in, spend 150,000 hours working on it at £400 an hour and that’ll be the assets value gone.

cunts

That’s great news. Thank god for that.

It is worth noting, based on cut off dates I’d image those with a confirmed place will start to be contacted in the next week or so to say they have a place and do they want to proceed. It’s at this point those confirming would face the battle to get the money back.

Guaranteed ticket or not, you’d be brave to book official trip for Porto under the circumstances

No money has been taken and won’t be taken unless you are successful in the ballot.

I would have thought that by the time the ballot is done, Thomas Cook will know if they can go ahead with the flights as planned.

No money has been taken and won’t be taken unless you are successful in the ballot.

I would have thought that by the time the ballot is done, Thomas Cook will know if they can go ahead with the flights as planned.
If they’re still trading, they’ll take your cash.

Thomas Cook are members of ABTA which means you wouldn’t lose anything. ABTA would pay out as quickly as possible but this would affect thousands of Thomas Cook customers so it would take time to refund to all affected.My advice don’t book through the travel club.

I know there’s a TC thread in the lounge, but this is specifically about the Porto trip, and TCs subsequent role as the official travel partner.

If they are not bailed out, I assume the official trips to Porto will be cancelled? Will people be refunded immediately or will there be delays?

Nothing paid yet mate until numbers etc are sorted hopefully TC have it sorted by then though so everyone knows

If you can afford it, I’d be going with sport options and cancelling the official trip. Last time looked they still had space on their overnighter

So I messaged Greg Marshall just to ask where we stood on it and this was his response:

Hi bud,
We have had no indication that the flight is at risk and through previous discussions are aware that Thomas cook sport is a separate company than Thomas Cook.

I have asked the question and if there is anything to update I will endeavour to do so. Thanks.

Thomas Cook are ATOL certified however their ATOL registration is up for renewal 1st October. ATOL doesn’t cover flight only bookings however I notice the day trippers were being charged an ATOL ‘levy.’ I personally wouldn’t be giving TC a penny before 1st October unless by reputable credit card company.

So I messaged Greg Marshall just to ask where we stood on it and this was his response:

Hi bud,
We have had no indication that the flight is at risk and through previous discussions are aware that Thomas cook sport is a separate company than Thomas Cook.

I have asked the question and if there is anything to update I will endeavour to do so. Thanks.

This is way out his depth.

Hi bud,

Hate to be a harbinger of doom but thst’s not the case.

Thomas Cook sport is absolutely part of the TC Group and if TC go then TC Sport go too.

Back