Rangers Trivia - Name the last 2 defenders who have scored hat-tricks for us?

Didn't Jig score back to back hat-tricks, one when paying as a defender and the next week when playing up front?

Yeah off early. Think it was the 2-1 win at Ibrox in 2009. Miller scored 2
It was indeed with a Craig Thomson, sorry Aiden McGeady penalty for the rattlers.

The game Little scored was the 3-2 win in March 2012 when he came on as a sub and scored with, I think, his first touch. Think they got a penalty that day as well - not Craig Thomson though

Dave McPherson is defintley one , I’m sure it was against Valletta of Malta

Unless my memory is playing tricks, I'm sure Big Slim played in midfield the night he scored 4 against Valletta.

He started his career as a midfielder, before moving to centre back and right back.

Last edited:
Just checked. Dave McPherson did play in midfield when he scored 4 v Valletta.

The team was:
McCloy
McKinnon McClelland Paterson Dawson
Prytz McPherson Cooper
MacDonald McCoist Clark

Played rB the day he scored against Celtic
Little came on as a sub and played up front in the game he scored against them - we won 3-2.

He appeared as a right back against them at Ibrox in a game we won 2-1 (Kenny Miller scored both) but went off injured after about 15-20 minutes.

Thought he went off after about 10 minutes the day he played right back against celtic having done his hamstring in the first couple of minutes.
Can't recall him playing rb against them any other time but could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time
Nah more likely I’m wrong. Someone else saying likewise

Back