Rangers Trophy Tour 2021

Of course no one is forced to buy anything. Even season tickets. But we have. And very few took refunds.

Rather than another statement lauding the loyalty of the support and saying it’s not taken for granted, a little something such as this would have hugely appreciated.

Agreed but in fairness, if they’d made it free to last seasons ST holders and not all were given a time, you’d get fans moaning about that

The club can’t win really and it’s a £25 donation to get a picture with the trophy. Winning the league was enough of a reward for the ST £ last season

It's anyone choice if they want to have a photo opportunity or not. No one is forcing you to buy it.

At the end of the day the club know some product and experience opportunities will be more popular than others but not every product or experience will have 50,000 queuing up to do it.

So we have a far better range now we have a retail deal and properly run marketing department as choices vary. It's consumer choice.

If you go to parc des prince's, nou camp for example photo opportunities with trophies are €25 a pop.

I’m aware of consumer choice. Likewise that some opportunities are more popular than others and economics mean that some have different spending thresholds.

My point is about the Club making a gesture.

I’m aware of consumer choice. Likewise that some opportunities are more popular than others and economics mean that some have different spending thresholds.

My point is about the Club making a gesture.
Yes I get that. But just now it seems like anything Rangers launch we have the "this should be free brigade" the club are draining us dry. I paid for my ST and this photo opportunity along with Edmiston House but not the share offering or some of the other products. I purely think alot just have a go just because we have been starved of this for so long. Not just success on the park but purely product offering.

That is harsh given 45k paid for various level STs last season and a similar number for the upcoming season with no guarantee of getting in.

MyGers registrations, Edmiston House, share issue and huge numbers of merchandise sales (with seemingly endless launches of new product).

The support has dug extremely deep. A gesture would have been nice. I think it’s fair to make that comment.
For season ticket holders last season that paid £30 a game for an online service you could buy for a tenner this was the perfect gesture.

the club have been short sighted here and greedy for no reason.

Yes I get that. But just now it seems like anything Rangers launch we have the "this should be free brigade" the club are draining us dry. I paid for my ST and this photo opportunity along with Edmiston House but not the share offering or some of the other products. I purely think alot just have a go just because we have been starved of this for so long. Not just success on the park but purely product offering.

Seriously? I've not seen or would expect that.

It's also not about being "free". It's about the Club acknowledging the support. Anyway... we move on.

Seriously? I've not seen or would expect that.

It's also not about being "free". It's about the Club acknowledging the support. Anyway... we move on.
Yeah im serious I've seen plenty comments both on here and twitter. I get acknowledgement I totally do. That's why there's discounts and priorities etc. Until we are fully self sustainable it simply ain't going to happen.

I wouldn't mind but you can be certain the same folk would be moaning about the quality on the pitch or demanding signings if things aren't going well.

As a fanbase if we want to demand trebles and Champions League football etc then unfortunately we need to understand that the club must have fundraising events pretty regularly.

How can we demand success but also not be willing to pay for it?
£550 season ticket , £40 Mygers , £70 champions top , £150 Edminston house membership , £20 bucket hat twice . I feel I’ve contributed, is too much to ask for a hold of the trophy to be free

£550 season ticket , £40 Mygers , £70 champions top , £150 Edminston house membership , £20 bucket hat twice . I feel I’ve contributed, is too much to ask for a hold of the trophy to be free
That's the thing. These are all choices the club have put to you for products experiences. Club not forcing everyone to buy everything. That's why there is choices so it can suit alot of different tastes and supporters get what they want. Unfortunately until we are self sustainable freebies for photo opportunities won't happen. Imo £25 for a family of 4 is reasonable I've paid more for a photo on holiday.

This is an opportunity for fans across the country to join in the celebrations not just at the stadium. I.e Lewis and Harris
Clubs sell photos with trophies all the time I.e psg, barca. We did it in past aswel.

I’ve booked it for Falkirk on 10th managed to get the family slot , which allows 4 of us to attend, good opportunity for a keepsake photo.

Have to be honest I don’t think a family of four photo for £25 with league trophy is too bad.
Like others say I’ve contributed season tickets , MyGers , champions memorabilia etc. It’s a choice which I have taken .
it is more for my old man and Daughter as both will love it.

Ah so that's why we are so far ahead

Thanks for clearing that up mate.
You really don’t need to be sarcastic just because you don’t understand the fine margins in business.

For example.

£50 x 45.5k season ticket holders = £2.2m - that’s almost all of Hagis transfer fee, you trying to tell me that he hasn’t been the difference between a point and three points at times?

You really don’t need to be sarcastic just because you don’t understand the fine margins in business.

For example.

£50 x 45.5k season ticket holders = £2.2m - that’s almost all of Hagis transfer fee, you trying to tell me that he hasn’t been the difference between a point and three points at times?
My original point was that I thought we might be getting taken for granted as fans.

Suppose you need to factor in the hire of a room or a suite at the venue as well, photographer etc.

You can look at it that way, or you can look at the positive the club has done with it
I put plenty of money into Rangers, more than I can afford and have done my entire life.

I do it more so now as I want to see us back being successful and I never want a repeat of 2012.

However, some sort of recognition for season ticket holders and MyGers members from last season wouldn't go a miss.

I'd knock any sort of refund back but a good will gesture or even a thank you would be appreciated.

Reactions: VGM
Did the rangers tour yesterday for £15 and got several photos with the trophy. £25/35 seems steep to be honest.

Id imagine it’s a bit more than just a photo op with the trophy. They’ll probably do a talk as well.

However, the tour is much better value for money.

Did the rangers tour yesterday for £15 and got several photos with the trophy. £25/35 seems steep to be honest.
And folk who don’t want to pay the £25 can do exactly that. Bear in mind for many it’s a case of the trophy coming to them, particularly the far flung places. It’s also £25 for up to 4 people and it’s a photo by a professional photographer who’s hired in. In that context the premium isn’t outrageous. Folk have the choice to pay it or not.

I keep reading folk laughing at the Dhims ‘refund’ and saying if Rangers did it they wouldn’t take it - then in the next breath they want ‘recognition’ or a ‘gesture’ such as a freebie of some sort. It comes to the same thing in my eyes. My relationship with Rangers is simple - I give them what money I can and, in return, they give me joy or despair. Thankfully this season it’s been joy beyond measure - but it was a long wait. Always been that way. Who needs ‘gestures’?

Last edited:
Paid the £25 for the Wednesday in Belfast, then got an email the next day from Mygers saying the trophy will be in the Belfast Rangers shop on Tuesday for lucky mygers members, register your interest for complimentary tickets and winners will be notified on Monday.

My wee man's beside himself with excitement for this. in Aberdeen. £35 for a pro photo I can get blown up and framed and just to see how he'll freak when he sees the trophy is well worth it imo. Altho yes I think ST holders should have got a discount.

My wee man's beside himself with excitement for this. in Aberdeen. £35 for a pro photo I can get blown up and framed and just to see how he'll freak when he sees the trophy is well worth it imo. Altho yes I think ST holders should have got a discount.
£35? Should have been quicker off the mark mate and got in last week for £25.;):) Hope you and your lad have a blast.

Back